Unofficial Mills

Grimmy's replacement- whats happening?

fathomer90

So two things to talk about.

One Chris Moyles will not be on Radio 1 weekday or weekends for the rest of the year. He is in Jesus Christ Superstar with 20 show dates between September and the end of the year, I find it hard to think how anyone could do a Westend show with say about 5 shows a week at different times in different places across the UK and do a full radio 1 show.

Part 2. My veiws on the schedule.

Weekdays. 0400-0630 Not sure someone new (I hope it is not Tom). 0630-1000 Nick Grimshaw. 1000-1245 Fearne Cotton (Sara Cox when Fearne has the baby.) 1300-1600 Scott Mills. 1600-1900 Greg James. 1900-2100 Zane Lowe (Huw to take over one day). 2100-2200 The same random mix. 2200-0000 Phil Taggart.

Weekend. 0700-1000 Gemma Cairney. 1000-1300 Dev (Sat & Sun). 1300-1600 Huw (till he moves to Zane time). 1600-1900 Danny Howard, Sat/ Chart Show, Sunday, 1900-2100 Jameela Jamil. 2100-2200 The Surgery with Aled. 2200-0000 Matt Edmondson.

I may well be reading too much into this but I don't think Adam will be moving to R1 for two reasons

1. Ben Cooper is rallying against anybody old regardless of the quality of the presenter

2. In Adam's blog he says his dream is to go to Radio 1 but in his tweet today he said this offer was too tempting to say no to. If I was offered my dream job I wouldn't say its 'tempting' or even consider rejecting it.

Anyway I might be reading too much into it.

And sorry for sort of hijaking the thread but it is sort of on topic :)

R.E Melvin's schedule, I'd still be surprised if they gave Phil 4 shows a week so soon it seems a little risky but you do point out that Dev is due a move away from earlies he has been there for a while now.

I think Matt will be getting more than 1 show a week, but unless cooper has bigger balls than are currently accredited to him, Matt won't get a daytime slot, due to his slightly more 'fruitful' language choices - which are totally allowed on the radio, just that Radio 1 isn't keen on it (yet)...

etheridge_tom.png

I think Matt will be getting more than 1 show a week..

I was thinking about Matt that he would get two shows a week. One his Wednesday night show 2100-2200 and then Sundays 2200-0000. So his Sunday show would be like his Wednesday show but for two hour. He is good at what he dose with late night radio "Comedy" I am not sure if you can call it that but what ever it is, it good fun. :)

Just as a side note, Huw Stephens will be presenting the 19-22 slot on BBC Radio Cymru every Monday from next month. This shouldn't affect his chances of a radio 1 slot though, he currently presents the 22-00 slot on the same day which is usually pre recorded and last month he was on Radio Cymru and Radio 1 at the same time whilst covering for Grimmy!

Just as a side note, Huw Stephens will be presenting the 19-22 slot on BBC Radio Cymru every Monday from next month. This shouldn't affect his chances of a radio 1 slot though, he currently presents the 22-00 slot on the same day which is usually pre recorded and last month he was on Radio Cymru and Radio 1 at the same time whilst covering for Grimmy!

Well, 19-22 slot is a bit bigger than 22-00, but yea, it could be pre-recorded. Also, don't forget about his Wednesday night show. If he gets Grimmy's show, who would takeover from him? Phil Taggart maybe?

All this conversation about Dev being promoted from his early shift is rather terrifying. SURELY someone else finds him so irritating to listen to?! Why dont they just sack him off and get someone like that lad who won the Student Radio Awards to take his place/the weekend slot? Sorry if I am a bit contravercial, but I cant understand a situation where Dev will be promoted to a slot where quite a few people hear his voice!!

All this conversation about Dev being promoted from his early shift is rather terrifying. SURELY someone else finds him so irritating to listen to?! Why dont they just sack him off and get someone like that lad who won the Student Radio Awards to take his place/the weekend slot? Sorry if I am a bit contravercial, but I cant understand a situation where Dev will be promoted to a slot where quite a few people hear his voice!!

See I'd say the exact same thing about Coxy, she REALLY irritates me. I don't mind Dev, something a little different to the blandness that populates most of Radio1 daytime now.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

What's general between Moyles, Mills, Fearne, Greg (all R1 weekdays daytime DJ's)? They all started on early breakfast slot. Dev is a great DJ, I would rather listen to him, than Cox, Fearne, Greg, Vernon, Gemma etc. etc.

Yeah, I like Dev...

Huw, Vernon, Reggie and Gemma however, make weekends almost unbearable at the moment... (Huw being the worst, closely followed by VK etc)

Because of this I suggest they sack all weekend djs and just have two 9 hour Moyles shows a week...

etheridge_tom.png

I think its pretty likely they will push the breakfast start time to 6.55am- that extra 30 mins make it a really difficult slot. The only reason TCMS starts at 6.30 is so they can have the long monologue at the beginning.

Scott has confirmed on air that Grimmy starts in September 24th at 6:30am. I think 6:00 and 6:30am is the best time to start breakfast show, because a lot of people are starting their jobs at 8 or even 7. 7:00 is quite late for a breakfast show.

Fingers crossed Adam Catterall is moving to early breakfast. I think its pretty likely they will push the breakfast start time to 6.55am- that extra 30 mins make it a really difficult slot. The only reason TCMS starts at 6.30 is so they can have the long monologue at the beginning.

Adams joining Saturday afternoons at Absolute - Ben Coopers made a cock up there me thinks. He deserved gigs ahead of Tom Deacon etc

Adams joining Saturday afternoons at Absolute - Ben Coopers made a cock up there me thinks. He deserved gigs ahead of Tom Deacon etc

It's a real shame, but he's the wrong side of 30 for Cooper, I hope he ends up with some more shows on Absolute he's a really good DJ.

Did he & Sam Hall get there chance when Parfitt was still in charge because it seems bizzare to let him cover early breakfast, do a really good job, recieve praise on all forums I've read to just freeze him out!

It was Grimmy + Annie's last show yesterday and it was very good. Although Grimmy mentioned that he would love Annie to be a regular guest on the breakfast show which I think would be really good.

Interestingly Annie said that she has no idea what is happening to this slot in the future and that the bosses haven't sorted it out as Rhys (head of progamming?) is ill and nothing has been sorted. Next week will be Grimmy on his own and the week after is unknown apparently! Although in our schedule changes thread it says it will be Annie on her own.... maybe no one has told her.