Unofficial Mills

Moyles moving to 10pm?

Jono

The Independent reports Moyles could

move to Grimmy's timeslot of 10pm - a show time that would be less restricted by daytime guidelines.

Moyles sources, however, suggest he won't be thinking about a new show for sometime yet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/moyles-set-to-move-from-breakfast-to-bedtime-but-what-would-peel-think-8022714.html

I will pick out this section, I think: "But Moyles could leave his £600,000-a-year deal early and pursue radio opportunities in the United States. A Radio 1 spokesman said: "We are still in discussions with Chris about his future at Radio 1 and no decisions have been taken."

Yup, I still predict he walks. He has cleverly built up a fanbase in such cities as New York/L.A., so a move there could be possible. I sincerely hope he tells the station to ram their microphones up their f* ageist arses.

The laughter among Chris, Dave and the team just yesterday morning was lovely. Dave was totally losing it. So funny, and I will miss this soooo much.

The time of night is not suitable for listening. 10 pm is my bedtime, so it's already out the window for me.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I would love him on at 10pm (just because I'm selfish and could listen to him more often). John Peel was hugely successful at that time of the day, but I suppose that John had a very difficult kind of show!

Yes, a totally different kind of show. I remember Moyles attempting "adult" humour at the Moyles' Karoke night in Glasgow. Totally unfunny, and why we had to run away.

It ain't gonna happen. He even came up with the phrase "arse treacle" on this particular evening, and I thought I may collapse. Actually collapse right there. And die.

Yes, a totally different kind of show. I remember Moyles attempting "adult" humour at the Moyles' Karoke night in Glasgow. Totally unfunny, and why we had to run away.

It ain't gonna happen. He even came up with the phrase "arse treacle" on this particular evening, and I thought I may collapse. Actually collapse right there. And die.

There we go, if you didn't find it funny, it's on to a winner!

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

It seems to me that we won't see him on Radio 1 until the new year. There doesn't seem to be any attempts to shake up the schedule yet, and Aled is taking leave until January. Moyles suggested yesterday he wouldn't be on the radio at the end of the year but "probably" next year.

Sorry to reply to an early post in the thread, but Chris Moyles isn't exactly a household name in the U.S. so I wouldn't hold out hope here.

His biggest exposure was when Radio 1 was on Sirius. Even then, that was only to a total station audience of around 15,000 listeners. Not a good start to making it big in America. No TV or radio appearances here since Radio 1 disappeared from the service last August. Maybe Sirius makes an offer, but would he really move overseas for a daily talk show?

We're just basically clutching at straws, because none of us really have a clue!! :hahaha:

From cm.net : "I thought the comment about not being on BBC Radio again before the end of the year, and pretty much definitely being on BBC Radio next year was revealing. Doesn't confirm or deny the rumours about him doing an 80s show for Radio 2 or an evening show for Radio 1, but does say that once the final Breakfast Show is done, that'll be it until 2013 for any kind of radio show, if ever.." - information from when Moyles popped into Steve Wright's show very recently.

Did everybody see Chris Moyles' tweet yesterday? He said he had some news but wasn't revealing what. I have also read a rumour that he may be joining LBC.

Not convinced that after years of National and even International radio, he'd want to go back to what is effectively a local station?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...