Unofficial Mills

New Cover Presenters

oli

With Grimmy moving to breakfast both Scott + Greg will need somebody else to cover their shows and we don't know who will cover Grimmy on breakfast either. Who do you think/want to do this?

I think Scott will cover Grimmy, Moyles to cover Greg, Coxy for Fearne, and Dev/Huw to cover Scott

Although Greg could cover breakfast as well.

I hope they find someone better than Huw or Dev for Scott maybe Coxy she has a brilliant rapport with Beccy.

I think they'll stop Scott from covering breakfast - end of a era along with Moyles. As they are both zoo format shows...

Greg James will probably cover breakfast. Maybe Phil Taggart will be cover for Scott/Greg, as he seems to be popular for cover at the moment.

I'd love Moyles to cover Greg, but sadly don't see that happening. Would still be great though...

Greg will be regular cover for breakfast show, you'll see it. I don't really think they'll use Coxy, Vernon, Moyles, Mills or other "old" presenters to cover shows, because Radio 1 obviously wants young and fresh presenters. I think Dev, Huw Stephens, Gemma will be involved in new schedule as new cover DJ's for daytime.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping my own thread but I found this in Scott's interview with Now

But Scott feels fine about Nick Grimshaw nabbing Chris Moyles' seat on the breakfast show.

'Out of all the new people on Radio 1, Nick's my favourite,' Scott, 38, tells Now's Dan Wootton.

'He really makes me laugh. I'll continue to fill in for him when he starts.'

As Scott doesn't cover Nick, I'm assuming he means he will cover Nick on breakfast? Anybody interpret it differetly?

• 2 weeks later...
Been having a think about this one. I believe cover should now be between Tom Deacon,Jameela Jamil,Dev and ...... Aled. Why not?

It always Huw. I find him to dull. His late night show is awesome but daytime radio no thanks.

I would have Jameela/Gemma, Huw does better cover than Dev IMO and should stay, Comedy Dave, Matt Edmondson and Reggie (if he's not getting moved or doing anything should be let go)

Of course everyone has there own views, but looking at post, tweets and news coming from Radio 1 and people in the know, there is a plan but people are not showing all there cards yet.

My veiw is Scott has a future on Radio he is doing well in 1-4 slot but I can't see him moving with in Radio 1 much more, his next move in a few years maybe out the door? :( It look like he will still cover Nick but I can see Greg/Scott taking in turns. Scott won't do a Chris and just go overnight but be more like Edith Bowman or Coxy slowly fade into the back ground.

As for other cover I think it looks like Matt, Dev, Gemma and Phil are the ones to watch. Huw is great on weekend, nights and evening but as much as I like him he is not for day time.

Of course everyone has there own views, but looking at post, tweets and news coming from Radio 1 and people in the know, there is a plan but people are not showing all there cards yet.

My veiw is Scott has a future on Radio he is doing well in 1-4 slot but I can't see him moving with in Radio 1 much more, his next move in a few years maybe out the door? :( It look like he will still cover Nick but I can see Greg/Scott taking in turns. Scott won't do a Chris and just go overnight but be more like Edith Bowman or Coxy slowly fade into the back ground.

As for other cover I think it looks like Matt, Dev, Gemma and Phil are the ones to watch. Huw is great on weekend, nights and evening but as much as I like him he is not for day time.

Greg will not cover breakfast IMO if he is the future host post Grimmy - if you have noticed cover presenters except in a few occasions rarely cover shows there gonna get full time in the near future. See Moyles didn't cover Sara on brekkie, Greg stopped covering for Scott, Phil is getting the 10pm slot for a while despite only covering weekends etc.

Also they can't afford Greg to have a bad cover experience as he might get slated