Unofficial Mills

Q2 2012 RAJARS

James R

Digital-only stations Radio 4 Extra and Radio 1Xtra posted record figures in a quarter that saw digital radio account for nearly a third of all listening, according to figures published today by RAJAR.

• Record audiences for Radio 4 Extra and Radio 1Xtra
  • All four BBC digital-only networks now reach over a million listeners
  • Figures show 31.5% of all radio is consumed digitally

Radio 1 reaches 11.27 million listeners every week – compared to 11.14m last quarter and 11.69 last year – and has a share of 8.3%, - from 8.2% last quarter and 8.5% last year. The Chris Moyles Show now has 6.93 million listeners every week – from 7.10m last quarter and 7.44m last year.

BBC Radio 1Xtra, the music network that complements Radio 1’s service to young audiences, drew 1.14 million listeners each week – its biggest total since the station was launched 10 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/main-rajar-aug.html

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/rajar-q2-2012.pdf

james_ryder.png

Greg posted this on facebook...

Just found out listening figures for the new Drivetime show went up lots since I started in April. Happy happy boy. Thank you all for bothering to listen - without you I'd just be a mentalist in a room talking to myself. I AM that but the fact people are listening kind of makes it OK. Just.

It might not mean his figures are higher than Scott's it could conceivably mean that his figures have gone up since he moved to drive or am I clutching at straws?

Does anyone have access to individual show data. Such as Cotton, Mills and Greg James' show figures each 3 months. I would be interested to see if Scott has increased the listenership in the 1-4 slot...

I would also love to know this info. Can't believe that James has got more listeners. His show is so much worse than Scotts ever was. Unfortunately i can't listen to Scotts show now, and i am sure many people are in a similar position due to work/school. I hope Justice is served!

Surprised that 1Xtra has got more listeners, however the amount they plug it on R1 it ought to :( Really getting fed up of hearing about 1Xtra on Radio 1

Capes :)

I would also love to know this info. Can't believe that James has got more listeners. His show is so much worse than Scotts ever was. Unfortunately i can't listen to Scotts show now, and i am sure many people are in a similar position due to work/school. I hope Justice is served!

Surprised that 1Xtra has got more listeners, however the amount they plug it on R1 it ought to :( Really getting fed up of hearing about 1Xtra on Radio 1

He's got the Drive audience... put it this way: People were skeptical about Scott being in the Drive slot after the success of Moyles there that got him promoted to Breakfast, but he seems to have held his own fine for same time Chris was in Breakfast so...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

• 2 weeks later...

Controversially, I actually think Greg's show is excellent! Sure, I was one of those people who were outraged at the swap and thought it would never work, but I acutally think he is really suited to drivetime now. If you compare him now compared to last year its like a completely different show.

*runs and hides*

I think the swap has improved both shows. Scott has lost the quantity of (weak, chavvy) guests that he used to get, which has been so good for the show as a whole. Greg's getting a bit more mental, which is good, like the Clare Balding thing, and being rude to people, however the older feet-up friday was better, and the puns are not funny.

etheridge_tom.png

I know that, and sometimes they do make me laugh, but it's the style of the feature... the listener suggested ones are handled badly. Not quite sure how to word what's wrong with his delivery of the puns. Maybe it's the fact his voice sounds genuinely pleased with suggesting them.

etheridge_tom.png

I've not really listened much to Greg since he's taken over drivetime what I've heard has been OK but when Grimmy covered it was very good.

I've broadened my horizons though Simon Mayo (Radio 2), Eoghan McDermott (XFM) & Geoff Lloyd (Absolute). All do very good Drive Time shows but annoyingly they all start at 5.00 not 4.00.