Unofficial Mills

The Olympics Are Here!

Harkinson

Yeah, glad that little wanker was arrested... people already comparing him to Paul Chambers, but the situation is SO different, for one thing, far more malicious, 2: actually directed at a Twitter account 3: had many OTHER tweeters complaining about the little tosser and his comments 4: actually abusive rather than an expression of frustration etc... the list could go on.

In fact I think the Guardian has summed it up rather well here: Twitter and Tom Daley- Freedom of Speech does not extend to freedom to make death threats

Should at least be investigated, even if this time it doesn't go as far as a court case, wasteful or not... Also seen a couple of blatent racists tweeting some racist/sexist shit lately because they think they can because of Twitter Joke Trial.. one even said "The police know I'm joking..." which got a reply from West Midlands Police to the effect that no they didn't.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

When jeremy vine was tweeting about daley this morning, i thought it was a fuss over nothing. i know the comment about his dad was thoughtless, but i could not see why that meant the police involved. Then i saw he threatened to drown daly. a youtube video he made whilst on helium is disturbing too.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

What puzzles me is the twitter account is still allowed to run. the guy himself, kevin, was tweeting today that all his mates would follow everyone that followed him? he had 50000 followers around lunchtime, then the tweets were protected. Why is this account not being closed down?!?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Something I seem to remember being rather good at when I tried it in the TA Cadets actually... *dons black, becomes Hawkeye*

Shooting and Wrestling will probably be the other events I watch really. Shooting, something else I turned out to be rather good at (told I could have been an army sniper if I continued), wrestling... well, been mistaken for having the build of a wrestler :P

Really got into the Archery this afternoon, fascinating 5 or so hours of viewing :) So many of the matchups went down to the 1 Arrow Shoot Out (closest to centre of target wins, basically Archery equivalent of Penalties at end of football etc). As an aside it didn't hurt that a few of the female entrants from various (seemingly mainly European) countries were rather cute... shame they all lost to Koreans who seem to be dominant.

I was a cynic when this all started. I hated the idea of Cameron taking credit for the project, but the opening ceremony underlined so many British values that Cameron's cronies would never want to take credit for.

Last night's gold medallists did the country proud and I'm delighted I've had a chance to go along to see something tomorrow night at Earls Court. Pity it's incredibly difficult to get to the Olympic Park.

I'm also spending the day at the Paralympics for my birthday in September.

As someone with, typically, little interest in sport, I now have Olympic fever!

Err not really, there are STILL ticketing issues and empty seats, but many forget that because of a few shiny medals. I don't like how the BBC have turned their NEWS into like 99% Olympic coverage though, they already have a subsite and many TV Channels to cover Olympics.

I've enjoyed a few events, but haven't overly felt swept up in it really, to be honest.