Unofficial Mills

Chris Moyles announces he's leaving

Electrobix

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will be Greg because he's just moved to the new slot. Am I too opptermistic thinking that it might be Scott until Greg is ready to move in to that slot?

That was my 1st thought too. I genuinely think its Scott

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3

This isn't about you. Found this from Telegraph:-

An hour into the Radio 1 breakfast show this morning, presenter Chris Moyles announced that he would be stepping down from his role as presenter.

In a four-minute speech he said, "I wanted to say thank you to everyone listening to the show for giving the team and me the best time ever... Even during tough times this show has honestly been the best three hours of my day, every day."

Radio 1 controller Ben Cooper – who has been under pressure to make the station’s audience younger – said "I'd like to thank Chris. Quite simply he's been the most successful breakfast show host in Radio 1 history. He's done it for more than eight and half years and he's been fantastic."

At 38, Moyles is much older than the radio station’s target audience of 15 to 29 year-olds and this move follows similar changes that Cooper has recently made to the schedule which has included switching 26-year-old Greg James into 39-year-old Scott Mills’s main afternoon slot.

Moyles is contracted to remain with Radio 1 until New Year 2014, however.

** Seems to indicate it IS about this assinine age range thing.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

jessie J has tweeted him a message saying this: "one day you will realise there are bigger things than your ego". What a dickhead.

actually she didnt tweet that to Chris. It was just a general tweet..

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3