Unofficial Mills

Scottish Independence : Please Join In If You Care !!

Viv

I'm looking forward to Viv explaining how she can love Radio 1 so much, whilst despising all things British... or what she'll do when the BBC don't broadcast in the independent Scotland. (as well as everything else that the independence seekers need to consider, Q.E.D.*)

*I'm studying latin A-level so I can use phrases like that without being a total twunt)

etheridge_tom.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bbc stuff was covered PAGES back, which only proves certain people have not even read topic properly. Anyway, if the worst comes to the worst, we run a british ip address through a browser. there are no guarantees... And, once moyles is gone, r1 should be no loss to us anyway.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Viv, people probably think you could do worse on your own, why not give us an actual case as to why they're wrong?

Right. Your case is your own case. **

Salmond, I am sure, will have PROPER plans for the unemployed (all these schemes could go) - I agree with Etheridge that volunteering is a good thing, PROVIDING it is something someone wants to do, or a new skill to be achieved.

These current placements by the Government are (in the main) just using people. Whilst I would think people would learn something from their time on a placement (if only making new contacts), overall I can't see how booting someone with really good qualifications into a job in Primark would benefit ANYBODY - indeed, just make the person more demoralised. PLUS, surely the time spent on actual job seeking would then have to be done @ weekends/late evening?!

Another new thing is WORK CLUBS. A good idea in "principle". My neighbour has now been instructed to attend one such Club by the local Job Centre. Says it is good to be with people in the same position. HOWEVER, he does NO MORE than what he could achieve in a library.

PLUS, the person running the Club really does not a lot to help. Mock interviews don't happen, proper one-to-one discussions don't happen, SOME people appear at the start of the club, remain for 10 mins., then sign to say they have been (in other words they are just keeping their noses clean with the job centre), whilst other genuine job seekers remain for TWO HOURS. Why is there not a mandatory time for people to remain at this Club??

All under a Conservative Government, clutching at straws, because, actually, there are SO MANY UNEMPLOYED, they don't know what the f* to do.

As previously stated, with the money saved on defence, the SNP could genuinely set up new funding for our unemployed.

1. Work Clubs = shite.

2. Placements = shite.

3. Government = shite.

** God, I'm good.

BTW, I was on another Site, where a lady from a Charity Shop (unnamed) was complaining about the attitude of people placed with her via Training Providers. She stated they would not turn up on time, would not do what she wanted, etc., etc. I went on and said I was GLAD she had so many problems (what DO these places expect - using cheap labour, exploiting the vulnerable, whilst their Managers in the shops EARN a PROPER wage).

When I said I was GLAD, she hit the ceiling ... properly went off on one. But they really are naive in the extreme if they honestly believe someone who DOES NOT WANT to be there is gonna perform well. Seriously!!!

as was the case of the company I did a ND placement with, a charity. ?

Still hopeless. Managers and other workers in these shops are getting PAID - you aren't.

Take it, you DID notice the main OFFENDER in the www.boycottworkfare.org = BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION - I shall never buy anything from this shop again.

*I'm studying latin A-level so I can use phrases like that without being a total twunt)

I have studied Latin too. We did Virgil's Anaeid* (or something of that spelling) - had to learn 500 lines of poetry. I proper LOVED that. I have also walked along Hadrian's Wall in the pouring rain (aged about 13). My Latin teacher loved me. Really proper loved me. Got a B for my Latin (which is 70+%).

* Or Anaied's Virgil??

Should say, btw... the training providers DO deal with interview practice/technicques/advice....... Hence, why is there a NEED for Work Clubs @ all?!? Just suddenly occurred to me?!?!

O, and my neighbour has to PAY his own bus fare to get to this Work Club? Why is this? Plus, the work club say the Job Centre has nothing to do with them (?), it is all "voluntary", yet the job centre make random 'phone calls to see if people are attending?!

Which neatly brings us back to..... present Government (and work plans) = shite.

Right. Your case is your own case. **

Salmond, I am sure, will have PROPER plans for the unemployed (all these schemes could go) - I agree with Etheridge that volunteering is a good thing, PROVIDING it is something someone wants to do, or a new skill to be achieved.

These current placements by the Government are (in the main) just using people. Whilst I would think people would learn something from their time on a placement (if only making new contacts), overall I can't see how booting someone with really good qualifications into a job in Primark would benefit ANYBODY - indeed, just make the person more demoralised. PLUS, surely the time spent on actual job seeking would then have to be done @ weekends/late evening?!

Another new thing is WORK CLUBS. A good idea in "principle". My neighbour has now been instructed to attend one such Club by the local Job Centre. Says it is good to be with people in the same position. HOWEVER, he does NO MORE than what he could achieve in a library.

PLUS, the person running the Club really does not a lot to help. Mock interviews don't happen, proper one-to-one discussions don't happen, SOME people appear at the start of the club, remain for 10 mins., then sign to say they have been (in other words they are just keeping their noses clean with the job centre), whilst other genuine job seekers remain for TWO HOURS. Why is there not a mandatory time for people to remain at this Club??

All under a Conservative Government, clutching at straws, because, actually, there are SO MANY UNEMPLOYED, they don't know what the f* to do.

As previously stated, with the money saved on defence, the SNP could genuinely set up new funding for our unemployed.

1. Work Clubs = shite.

2. Placements = shite.

3. Government = shite.

** God, I'm good.

You should know better than this, given your age. Trust me, there is absolutely NOTHING new about work clubs or placements, except arguably the name. Placements and similar are just the evolution of things like YTS from the 80s and both parties that have been in power have done the same crap with a shiny new badge and maybe a slight polish of the turd.

Agreed the Government is shite, but you haven't covered why an independent one would be any better?

"I am sure he will have plans" is all well and good, but what are they? Real plans might be better than "oh it'll be fine whatever this guy does". Does this mean you're campaigning for a guy whose plans you don't actually know yet? Just something to consider.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Yes. And that is why, as previously stated, i am waiting for salmond to fully get under way with his campaign, and explain all plans. that said, still do not believe he could do worse. i notice you have been unable to explain why work clubs believe they are voluntary, whilst job centres believe they are mandatory?! confused. Yep, defo.

I note (from quick glance at today's papers) that SPAIN is about to need a whole load of cash, thus plunging us more into debt, thus taking down the chances of job opportunities.... Yet again. why do we have to keep on bailing everybody else out.

Not good at looking at the bigger picture, really, are you? Look up Domino Effect then imagine what would happen to the rest of the world if economies start to collapse, each setting each other falling.

*EDIT: Sorry, Domino Theory, mainly applies to politics but can also apply to economics.

So selfish motives are behind the drive for independence?

I agree about being annoyed about having to bail other countries out, but more so about the BANKS we bailed out who then never gave a penny back. At least with other countries there's trade so we can get something back in time. If the banks that keep reporting profits post-bailouts actually paid anything back, the economic strain would likely be VASTLY reduced.

And presumably, Scotland would wish to join the EU for trade purposes, so would have to continue to bail others out?

Also, Salmond could actually be doing something to help out the situation in Scotland, as he does have some power?! It seems like he's being very selfish in allowing the problem to deepen, so he can make a point to gain independence. That OR he doesn't have any plans at all...

etheridge_tom.png

I would like to announce that the government are now set to give ten million pounds to help the food crisis in africa. Just heard on radio two. yep, for purely selfish reasons (as doovde would put it), or self preservation (as i would put it) we gotta go it alone. the recession, as caused by no. Ten, downing st., london.

But the maintaining of the recession is being achieved by ten, downing street. for a country with so much "debt", where DOES ten million come from? if doovde approves of cooperating with europe, because we apparently get something back.... What do we get back from helping africa!?