Unofficial Mills

Scottish Independence : Please Join In If You Care !!

Viv

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't come from Britain though!! You come from Scotland, with a great ancestory and heritage !! :hahaha:

Thing is though, everywhere in Britain has a great ancestory and history, but you don't see them trying to get independance... cos it would all go wrong. Which it will. In Scotland.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

That was directed at doovde, not rosii posii, although i have to say there is no way of really telling the future. Could go wrong, but maybe not. the bbc output is becoming way too biased at the moment. needs a crystal ball, me thinks. cameron is ruining the economy. And i don't actually believe life could get worse.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I think you should let cxx666 decided what he is and isn't, not pick it for him.

And it was hardly 'attention seeking', I was making a point. Just because where you come from may or may not have a great history etc, doesn't mean you have to agree with everything that happens, or like it, or want to stay there.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

i meant cxx666 is scottish BEFORE he is a brit.

Whatever happened to self-identity?

Just saying it is possible to CHOOSE what you are, which comes neatly back to what this whole thread is about. Some will choose a preference of Independence, while some will prefer to stand with the rest of the United (clue's in the name) Kingdom.

As an 'outsider' I guess I'm seeing valid pros and cons for both cases, but both sides in the campaigning that I'm seeing also seem to be having a good go at smearing the other (like the AV Vote). Dirty politics is one thing I DON'T see any pros to, and add to that I don't know what further reaching effect such change would have. I mean there's places like Hong Kong that have changed rulership and they seem to be prospering as a city-state under China, but there could be problems with that we simply do not hear about.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

U always have to post something ridiculous.

No Viv, doovde isn't posting anything ridiculous here. He is merely pointing out that just because you live in a certain place/area that doesnt mean you should instantly feel a sense of pride or love for the place, or even feel obliged to.

You asked why I am still in town, and the answer is simple. I grew up here, I have friends here and my job is very much Edinburgh based. I don't see why, even going by your bizarre mentality, I should have to leave just because I do not identify myself as scottish. Out of curiosity where do you think I should go?

I, like others too I imagine, am getting somewhat bored of your braveheart induced postings. I am asking this completely seriously, but do you not have something better to do than come on here posting all this stuff and frankly arguing with someone who simply doesnt share your apparent national pride? I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion but UM does not need an snp correspondent, nor does it need one for any other political party or their policies.

Not impressed with censorship

Where could you go? um... Another bus company in the uk? you often appear to be so upset on your current routes. it is a good debate (and i am hoping nihal will do stuff like this on his new 'big conversation' show, so it is relevant. it is good. Every post makes me question stuff too. i will post the answer i got about the ussr tomorrow, as it is quite lengthy!! ps... If you're bored, don't read!! :)

Where could you go? um... Another bus company in the uk? you often appear to be so upset on your current routes.

so you've answered one of the factors given, but just because you are placed somewhere by birth or other circumstance doesn't mean you have to LIKE the place you are in (I myself was forced to leave London which I liked for a place I didn't like at the age of 7 when family moved north, many things stopping me moving back, this crappy economy for one). It may be that there are other factors preventing such moves.

Also I find your "another bus company in the UK" answer even more flippant than some of my sarcastic efforts (at least mine were partially intended that way!), given that you of all people should know the state of the job market and economy here right now and how difficult that makes such moves.

Tbh, when i saw the ramblings, and someone on the verge of throwing a pile of mud balls, i couldn't be bothered suggesting where he should go. Or actually, i could, but it wasn't particularly polite!! i am aware of the tough jobs market, but if you are getting as stressed as he appears to some days, it is worth keeping applying for other stuff. Anyhow, i shall leave it at this, without resorting to personal insults. the ussr stuff, coming monday, is very interesting. :) btw, our local pro independence figures have just gone up.

With regards to this nonsense about getting a job elsewhere, for the record I actually like my job. It just so happens that when working with hundreds of different people on a daily basis you will invariably come across some infruriating stupidity which is often what the moans about. That and the fact that as Dara O'Briain said when I went to see him last week, Edinburgh loves roadworks so much it has decided to turn itself into a living museum to them.

Now with regards to you seeing "the ramblings, and someone on the verge of throwing a pile of mud balls", check your PM.

Not impressed with censorship

OK, will answer shortly !! :-)

USSR stuff - the answer I got:-

"WiT ?

I honestly don't see where you're going with this, Viv ?

You can't compare that situation to ours.

We, (the "UK"), are not a communist dictatorship.

But to try and answer your question, I would say: Emmmm, Nope, Just ask the Ukraine.

(maybe others have lost certain benefits, but they've gained more freedom and their identities back).

I don't honestly follow their politics, at all. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer ?

Perhaps someone who actually comes from over there ? "

A great little read I found earlier in response to the "If you don't like it, move away" mentality shown earlier in this thread http://www.latentexistence.me.uk/if-you-dont-like-it-go-somewhere-else/ even if it more specifically relates to all the Jubilee hoo-ha, it does extend to other areas.

F* the monarchy

How can you say that yet 'love all the Jubilee stuff' like the river pageant and the concert? Doesn't work both ways... Agreed on the Government, but I don't overly see how having a seperate one for each country that makes up the UK would be any different.

About the government... As ALREADY covered previously, with the money saved on defence.... One million plus pounds, we can use that to fund jobs training and let companies grow. let there NEVER be a situation again like the one where young people sleep under london bridges. vote snp, save our souls and generations to come.

Pretty sure that rebuttal has already been covered too.

You're aware of this fact that politicians regardless of allegiance and leaning often make promises and then fail to keep most of them when it actually comes down to it, right? Also spread misinformation to push agenda.

I say that we should just give Scotland independence, and withdraw all support. It'll be interesting how they set up a taxation scheme to pay for an NHS, police force, fire service (All vehicles and equipment are owned by the government) benefits etc. straight away. And there would be new passports, and EU membership to set up... (People couldn't use British passports to get into England, so all cross-border movements would cease.

Oh, and currency - there isn't enough Scottish 'legal tender' for people to use - and the Bank of Scotland (the money printers) is 41% owned by the UK.

In conclusion, good luck Scotland.

etheridge_tom.png