Unofficial Mills

Scottish Independence : Please Join In If You Care !!

Viv

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's here, Etheridge + Doovde...... it is........ the KILLER BLOW......

From newsbeat this morning..... the amount of calls about CHILD NEGLECT have DOUBLED in the past two years, including kids (UK BASED) having to beg neighbours for FOOD. So WHY are we giving money to Africa, and everyone else.

Just in case anyone (including guests) have missed WHY we are giving cash to Africa (£10m) - it is on account of a FOOD CRISIS, when, in fact, we have one all.of.our.own.

Also, the Spanish PM, despite having been given a bail out of cash, assures people that things will get a lot worse before they will get better. *

* O, that's good then....

** Viv deals the final killer blow against the Conservatives **

As I have said all along, we WILL do much better on our own. We cannot possibly... not even possibly do ANY WORSE, or even (looking into the actual jaws of Hell) deal with a greater display of incompetence/mis-management of finances on such a scale it is actually quite remarkable.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

People being irresponsible with benefits money (There is enough to feed a family, if not with luxuries), is no reason not to fulfill a moral obligation to the starving around the world.

It is this sort of mind numbing ignorance that breeds hatred.

etheridge_tom.png

No, it is our government's ignorance and mis management and greed that has brought this country to its knees. WE need help. charity begins at home. plus, why is there the assumption that only people on benefits cannot feed kids. and, who put them on benefits, or fails to move them on.... Yup, mr camoron.

Back again.... We have 1. Homelessness 2. starving people (in a so called first world country as well), 3. VAST unemployment 4. Lack of growth in economy 5. Businesses going bust every day 6. Problems with crime and community issues 7. Lack of housing / poor housing. during boom times, yeh, help other people but not at the moment. and, if you look at frankie boyle's twitter, it reads as though camoron has left his kid in a pub now?! eh.

No, it is our government's ignorance and mis management and greed that has brought this country to its knees. WE need help. charity begins at home. plus, why is there the assumption that only people on benefits cannot feed kids. and, who put them on benefits, or fails to move them on.... Yup, mr camoron.

and yet you have STILL to explain how any other party would be any different.

I would also compare poverty and homelessness in this country with that in Africa, I would wager that while it IS difficult here, it is also possible for the individual to do more about it, even if it's just selling Big Issue to get money for a hostel or something (I don't know details in particular of this system).

Do you think similar happens much in Africa where it'll be whole sections of a city struggling for food/water etc?

Also there are MANY playing the benefits system, and don't you think NEGLECT might have something to do with, oh, I dunno, the PARENTS rather than Cameroon. Look at the McCanns for example... They who court as much media attention as possible by blaming everyone else but themselves (after all, all they did was leave her alone and unsupervised!) for their daughter's tragic disappearance. Much as I can't stand Camoron and hate what he's doing to the country, I see no real reason to blame HIM for the bad parenting of others... I'll blame him for his and his party's own highly morally dubious acts.

Your 'Killer'? Tis but a scratch... (yes, the link is probably what you think it is)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Any other party would be different by not giving money away to everybody else when there are problems at home. if your family needed food, would you race down the road and give the food to some random at a zebra crossing. We simply cannot afford africa, while we are in a so called recession. And i have more and more doubts about this "recession". as to people on benefits... At no point did newsbeat say the story was about people on benefits. also, camoroon has indeed lost his own kid at a pub. look after a country? pffttt.

Trade was NEVER a part of my case when it comes to Africa... (even though it does exist with countries within the African continent such as Egypt and South Africa, irrelevant here as it is not with countries we send Humanitarian aid to)

My case was that African homeless and impoverished are likely worse off than UK homeless and impoverished.

post-7833-145327885461_thumb.jpg

Viv, your claim that there is no trade in Africa is so ignorant, and outdated, and it actually makes me angry. And why should there need to be anything in return?!

Secondly: The David Cameron / pub thing has been massively blown out of proportion. Firstly it happened 8 months ago. And, he believed that she was with his wife, and he went with his bodyguards... I can see how that could be easily done.

Finally: Viv, your argument for Scottish Independence has turned into an anti-Conservative drive. They are in government for 5 years. Not forever... Your arguments are weak, based on foundations of sand, and quite frankly laughable.

etheridge_tom.png

Any other party would be different by not giving money away to everybody else when there are problems at home. if your family needed food, would you race down the road and give the food to some random at a zebra crossing. We simply cannot afford africa, while we are in a so called recession. And i have more and more doubts about this "recession". as to people on benefits... At no point did newsbeat say the story was about people on benefits. also, camoroon has indeed lost his own kid at a pub. look after a country? pffttt.

No, it didn't say that they were on benefits HOWEVER if they can't afford to feed a child, benefits are available.

etheridge_tom.png

If benefits are available, then why are kids going to neighbours for help? o, and if the parents are spending the benefit money on other ... Er.... "items", then food VOUCHERS are the answer. once again, simple solution, but leave it to the parents, then blame all parents. as to not knowing where your kid is.... Yeh, it is pretty serious, because the kid could have gone with anyone.... Esp if you're PM, maybe try minimise looking like a fool over simple things?! now, as to why we should get something back.... If we are in a recession, surely we cannot afford to give away? Just a thought.

Ps: of course.. I do always forget..... We, mr and mrs joe public ultimately wind up paying, don't we?!? i forgot our own old people too (not enough money for them during the winter months to heat their homes). why not? they lived through wars. Do they not deserve better? and lack of care in nursing homes... Too few staff, no time to properly care for people. nah, definitely all needs sorting. no, the tories are only in for five years alright. and not a scrap of this looks good at the polls.

Back again! top story on newsbeat.... Yup, they are cutting army jobs to save money, with a view to cutting 50000 eventually. yet again, may i suggest not giving cash all around the world?! also, have spoken to mum and dad this morning. They tell me that their winter fuel allowance was LESS for 2011. It was cut for those under eighty years of age. so, mum tells me they had to cut back elsewhere. pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Please enlighten us as to Salmond's great masterplans to how things will be SO improved if Scotland is made independent?

You have still yet to do this and have spent most of this thread blaming Cameron for things that aren't all entirely down to him (some things caused by previous governments and other entities and even COUNTRIES entirely). Even if it is true he has contributed to making situations worse (I can't stand the guy either for the record).

We need to know what would be better in a 'self-preserving' Scotland and actual counters to the points that have been made (which you have failed to address like 99% of, even with your 'Killer').

No point continuing the thread if you can't do this one little thing.

Back again! top story on newsbeat.... Yup, they are cutting army jobs to save money, with a view to cutting 50000 eventually.

I assume you refer to this story http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18401210 however I have just seen an interestingly positive perspective on Twitter: "Big Bro got made redundant! He's over the moon!! No more trips to sandy hell holes (where we have no real business being in a military capacity in the first place in most cases) like Afghan"

Please enlighten us as to Salmond's great masterplans to how things will be SO improved if Scotland is made independent?

You have still yet to do this and have spent most of this thread blaming Cameron for things that aren't all entirely down to him (some things caused by previous governments and other entities and even COUNTRIES entirely). Even if it is true he has contributed to making situations worse (I can't stand the guy either for the record).

We need to know what would be better in a 'self-preserving' Scotland and actual counters to the points that have been made (which you have failed to address like 99% of, even with your 'Killer').

No point continuing the thread if you can't do this one little thing.

Agreed. I'm sorry Viv, I'm afraid you or rather Salmond have failed to do this, which is why this thread is so frustrating, and rather pointless. Bit like running around in ever decreasing circles really, until anything concrete is presented.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I do seem to recall that you went out canvassing for the Lib Dems relatively recently? They are second on the list of things I don't like very much after Cameron, and are partially responsible for the British Govt. you're criticising.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

As the campaign for the future by the snp begins later this year.... Leafleting has not even begun yet ... They are just taking names of people willing to volunteer at the moment, we should get a lot more answers and this topic will be a very good one. btw, saw a remark on a local forum about cameron's kid going missing... Someone is saying she attempted to defect to the snp. Love. That. :)

Just tuned in... And mp for perth states scotland perfectly capable of supporting herself though income from oil and gas too. also, with regards to currency, he is pro keeping the pound because it is good for continuity and the economy. The actual referendum will be end 2014. So, this topic should be magnificent at a later stage.