Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Gets Academic !!

Viv

Singers including Leona Lewis, Plan B and Labrinth are pledging their support for the Radio 1 and 1Xtra Academy.

It’s the stations’ biggest ever programme of social action, offering up to 10,000 young people around Hackney in East London the chance to gain skills and experience.

Dizzee Rascal, Ashley Walters, Rizzle Kicks, Lethal B, Adam Deacon, Riz Ahmed, Paloma Faith, Fearne Cotton, Gemma Cairney and Trevor Nelson are also confirmed to take part.

Opening in the run up to Radio 1’s Hackney Weekend, the Academy will feature a range of masterclasses, Q&As, panel sessions, practical workshops and sessions, and the chance to speak to careers advisors on site with advice on CVs and interview skills.

The sessions include:

• Music sessions on how to create your own music and promote it,

• Radio sessions on how to create your own radio broadcast, with advice on scriptwriting and interview techniques. Young people taking part in the music sessions will also get the opportunity to broadcast to the nation as part of a BBC Radio 1Xtra Take It On day, taking the reins on 1Xtra for a whole day on Saturday 16 June.

• Business sessions on the basics of setting up your own business, how to pitch, market and sell and a special Hackney Dragons Event where young entrepreneurs can pitch for investment from our very own Hackney Dragons.

• Fashion sessions on t-shirt design, fashion styling and fashion photography. T-shirts designed by young people at the Academy will be judged by a panel of fashion experts with the winning designs sold as a limited edition Radio 1 Hackney Weekend t-shirt.

• Film sessions on scriptwriting for EastEnders and beginners sessions on producing, directing, editing and camera and sound work. Participants who have completed all film beginners workshops will get the opportunity to make a Hackney-themed spoof film, to be shown on the main stage big screen at the Radio 1 Hackney Weekend.

• Games and software sessions on developing your own app and building your own website.

• Comedy sessions on developing stand-up, as well developing ideas for stage and TV.

• Journalism sessions including how to write and get published and masterclasses with journalists from range of publications including The Daily Star.

From: radio today news - good timing there for Radio 1 and 1Xtra, especially with the ongoing youth unemployment !!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Hey, yeah the name is sophie lol; Prom Bridesmaid Dresses you said you are not really sure which Uni's you like yet...? Watters Bridesmaid Dresses what course do you want to study? I have a slighty different problem, see for me I have fallen in love with Newcastle Uni and because of this all the other Uni's I have visited don't compare not good right?Navy Bridesmaid Dresses lol Have you visited any yet?

Hey, yeah the name is sophie lol; Prom Bridesmaid Dresses you said you are not really sure which Uni's you like yet...? Watters Bridesmaid Dresses what course do you want to study? I have a slighty different problem, see for me I have fallen in love with Newcastle Uni and because of this all the other Uni's I have visited don't compare not good right?Navy Bridesmaid Dresses lol Have you visited any yet?

why not take ur dresses up ur arse

Anyone want to translate?

...or when you say the government control the BBC. You might say I haven't given any explanation, but then neither have you.

but you ignored the fact they even have influence... he who controls the funding etc. Viv, to be fair, has now given SOME explanation, (kinda a repeat of what I said) you still haven't.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Yes... but I wasn't online. I'm not sitting here refreshing the page waiting for Viv's reply.

Anyway, you can of course make an argument to do with the funding, but I don't think there is any real 'control' by the government. Both the supporters of the opposition and of the governing parties regularly make claims that the BBC's coverage is biased away from them, but in truth I think the BBC is about as impartial as you can really get. Any bias is quite subtle in any case. I don't think you can say that this scheme is anything to do with the government's wishes, and I think the BBC is more ideologically-biased than in favour of one government or the other.

No, Juggy is long-term. Only shows up when being self-righteous, or to put 'viv world' down.

I don't think that's true at all.

I had a period when I posted quite regularly, then didn't for a while. Please don't be offended when I say that I've never thought of you with the level of importance required to specifically visit this website to challenge you.

No! The Royal Charter is the 'law' that decides how much money a TV licence costs. It has no direct power over the organisation in any other way. You can argue that it has an influence over it 'because' of this, but the Royal Charter does not specify any control directly.

Right. Thanx for explaining that. Lot clearer than the article I was reading (American article). :-0

Still can't helping thinking...... high youth unemployment, R1 "happens" to step in... good press all round, including for the Government?!? **

** or is this WAY too conspiracy theory?!?