Unofficial Mills

Olympics !!

Viv

I will undoubtedly watch something, but I won't watch purely events where Team GB do well etc. When's the bobsledding? and more to the point WHERE in London? Down the side of the Shard? Over the O2-Excel CableCar?

Someone will miss the gag there, I guarantee it.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Actually, just realised, Kurt Angle didn't qualify this time* to try and repeat his 1996 Gold Medal in Heavyweight division of Freestyle Wrestling, so that takes away one point of interest for that event :P

* It's weird, he had a legit injury that stopped him competing in the trials according to reports I've read, but has been appearing and putting on great matches in Professional Wrestling since that happened, even with a bandaged up knee*

I'm afraid I'm not the slightest bit interested in The Olympics. The politicians claim they will bring wealth to London. Hmm. To whom precisely? I feel for the friends and family I have in London, most of whom will actually lose work, partly because they're so worried about being able to physically get to it. I'm also not confident London's infrastructure is anywhere near ready for what's going to hit it. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Agree with Steph. Might watch some horsey stuff and gymnastics. Perhaps a little diving. Daresay women's volleyball will probably be on the agenda too

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Whatever happens, it's given us a GREAT TV Show... called Twenty Twelve, brilliant 'behind the scenes' show in the style of The Office with David Tennant narrating, Hugh Bonneville and Jessica Hynes (nee Stephenson) off of Spaced/Shaun Of The Dead. :)

Some brilliant topical comedy and is probably a bit more close to the truth than intended in terms of the kind of people behind running the games and the other things that happen (like the Trafalgar Square countdown clock going wrong etc).

I'm also not confident London's infrastructure is anywhere near ready for what's going to hit it. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I think in terms of transport walking or cycling will be the only things worth bothering with. Can't imagine the roads are going to cope, especially with those ridiculous VIP lanes they're going to have (not sure whether they are still going ahead with those). As to public transport, well, probably the same.

Well, anti-aircraft missiles, and the residents have been told.

http://www.channel4.com/news/londoners-shocked-by-prospect-of-missiles-on-their-rooftop

favourite quote "It's a massive inconvenience" err how exactly, you probably won't even SEE them most of the time unless there's the unlikely event of them actually being launched... and even then there might be a bit of noise.

"Having a 24/7 armed forces and police presence will improve your local security and will not make you a target for terrorists." The kind of thing they SHOULD have done for the riots... this sounds so much like a scene from 28 Weeks Later really, that had chopper patrols and snipers on rooftops in Canary Wharf/The Docklands area.

Well, anti-aircraft missiles, and the residents have been told.

http://www.channel4.com/news/londoners-shocked-by-prospect-of-missiles-on-their-rooftop

favourite quote "It's a massive inconvenience" err how exactly, you probably won't even SEE them most of the time unless there's the unlikely event of them actually being launched... and even then there might be a bit of noise.

"Having a 24/7 armed forces and police presence will improve your local security and will not make you a target for terrorists." The kind of thing they SHOULD have done for the riots... this sounds so much like a scene from 28 Weeks Later really, that had chopper patrols and snipers on rooftops in Canary Wharf/The Docklands area.

As my mum said, at least they won't get robbed with a shitload of missiles on their roofs...

The sheep is not a creature of the air.