Unofficial Mills

Danny Howard

capes

I listened to Danny Howards first Dance Anthems show on Saturday. I was just leaving work when it started and i lve over an hour away from work so i got a good listen. when it started i thought it was going to be great as the imaging on the first song was good. However, it stopped there and the show, for me, felt like a real disappointment. there is soooo much more that could have been done to make it sound more upbeat. instead it just sounded like a normal daytime show with a few funky tracks dropped in.

That said, the guy himself sounded good and i can definitely see him staying at R1 for some time or at least making a name for himself.

Capes :)

I listened to parts of the show. In style the tracks were similar to the former 'Ready for the Weekend' on Friday nights which has now been rebranded 'Dance Anthems' as I expected, however it did have more of a daytime feel to it as you mentioned. However, I especially liked the last hour which was in the mix with less commercial tracks and remixes that you generally wouldn't hear on daytime Radio 1.

i'll be listening to dave pearce's new show, problem is with radio 2 that they'll want him to fill it with 70's disco. they really need to drop that now and move on if they want to pull people in like myself who aren't interested in radio 1 anymore.

another problem is that dave pearce can't adopt his old show name because it's being used on radio 1 now.

on the grid.