Unofficial Mills

Save Scott !!

Viv

The concept of complaining about Scott being moved is kinda being lost within the "Changes" topic.

So, don't forget..... if you aren't happy about the rescheduling from April, and wanna have YOUR say, then www.bbc.co.uk/complaints - it took me just 11 MINUTES to submit what I had to say !! Not long at all, so why not do something useful today, and join in !! Miss just 11 MINUTES of TV, iPlayer (or whatever) to express yourself.

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints !! ;)

I have no doubt Doovde will have some "smart" remarks to make, but many of us feel differently, so it's worth getting up off your arses and at least trying.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Good for u, m'darlin ... I have just got the automated thing so far, with the reference number. think proper reply comes in within two weeks. for younger listeners.... Remember to tick the box stating you are under thirteen, because it seems complaints are handled differently. good luck, everybody. It is a long shot, but WE pay the licence fee, and we know best who we wanna hear.

I didn't state my age, as i am one of the peeps cooper wants rid of.... And doovde told me on twitter "u have been around since time began". nevertheless, every single complaint gets logged, so the more that go forward, the better. better doing something, as just sitting fizzing about it in silence.

Good. i am quite looking forward to reading the responses to people's complaints. the stuff being posted in the "changes" topic is very interesting. good the bbc are actually responding to people. yeh, ok, so the bbc want to develop new talent. Fine, but when it actually alienates tons of listeners who connect perfectly well with scott??!?!

Here we go... !!!!

Dear Miss Johnston

Thanks for contacting us about ‘Scott Mill’s, broadcast on BBC Radio 1.

I understand you object to the programme switching with the Greg James show in the schedule.

We raised their concerns with the BBC Radio production team and they provided us with the quote below:

"We're sorry if you are upset by the news of Scott and Greg's show's switching round. Scott has been presenting 4-7pm since 2004 and we know he is much loved by his listeners, however Radio 1 is required by the BBC Trust to continue attracting new, young audiences to the station and our new schedule is designed to introduce new and fresh talent to the station, ensuring we can achieve this.

Greg, who joined us from Student Radio, is also very popular, especially with younger listeners - but many of them are at school or college whilst he is currently on air (1-4pm). We hope that by swapping Greg and Scott around we will bring in a brand new generation of listeners. Scott meanwhile will continue to entertain the nation, just at a slightly earlier time each afternoon."

However, I appreciate you may continue to feel this way about the change so please be assured your complaint will be added to our audience log, a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact.

Kind Regards

Ryan Burroughs

BBC Complaints

Remember: get involved, join in, have your say !!!! :-0

No, more like they suck at punctuation... or a thing called a typo, at least they didn't send you varying text sizes in eyeball-sapping colours.

Has anyone considered that it *possibly* (not saying definitely, but it's an idea) makes sense to put an older DJ in a slot where a slightly older (i.e non-school-age) and more mature audience can listen, maybe while at work or something?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

because the first thing 5 year olds do is listen to the radio and absolutely NO-ONE who works in an office/warehouse/call centre/various other work settings will ever listen to radio 1 while doing their tedious repetitive job...

I was listening to Mark and Lard at work with the others in the office at the time when 9/11 happened, age range from 18 to 50-odd, and have encountered more offices where they also listen to radio while working. Hell, even the office at my work does it, so the audience *is* there to grab from Crapital with their Twiggy and Bullshit brekkie show and other crap DJs who belong on tinpot local at best, if not pirate radio...

Social Networking often banned in places I've worked too, usually places with extremely stuffy management, but a lot of places I've worked had radio on at least some of the day, even the call centre I worked in for 3 years had it as background noise...

Well, I don't really blame people (Managers) for banning Social Networking within Companies, when people should be doing the work they are supposed to be doing towards their business/economy - unless you work within radio/TV, where it is mega useful, of course.

Anyhow, don't forget to submit your complaint, peeps. www.bbc.co.uk/complaints - Scott has been sitting in the dark this morning - thinking God knows what - so if you wanna get him out the dark, and into the light, submit your form today !! :-0

No, he tweeted it. Thought it was a bit odd. Well, kind of. Well, not really. It is actually the kind of thing I would do.

:hahaha:

I got my Orange Rio for the purposes of Social Networking. It's brilliant. A whole new world. Unofficialmills/twitter, etc. on the bus, at break times, at non break times, at the pool, in a field. Genius.

I seem to be one of the few who isn't bothered by the change. Granted, it'll be weird to hear Scott on early afternoon instead of late afternoon but I'm sure we'll get used to it in the end. I don't mind Greg at all so him being moved isn't bothering me either.

Not impressed with censorship