Unofficial Mills

New station voices?

capes

I've heard the new voiceovers on the chart. The girl is also used on what used to be BBC switch and i'm sure its the guy who is voicing the current Hackney trails and the like. I was hoping to post a few clips but my computer is failing miserably tonight. New Voiceovers are also started on teh Chrt Show a few weeks before they are intoduced in the main schedule if i am right in remembering?

The girl is also on the new Chart Show trail and near the end she says Listen, watch, share. They wouldn't commission her to say that just for a trail surely?

If this is the case i think they will be in place in April for the new schedule.

Capes :)

I think you're right. David (the current male station voice) has been on air since 2009, and I think Holly (female station voice) has been on for a little longer if I'm not mistaken. After three years I think its time for a bit of change. It'll be interesting to see whether they update the Puretonic 1maging idents with their voices or commision another company for imaging. And you're correct the voice on the Hackney trails is the guy, I'm sure I've heard him around the station before maybe during nighttimes. But yeah I'm all for the change!

I have noticed that the 'usual' voiceovers are appearing less and less on new material, so it does seem likely the voices on the Official Chart may well appear across the board soon.

Speaking of the chart, does anyone know who does the new imaging?

It's probably part of their imaging updates; they're in the process of comissioning a new station-wide imaging package.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/site/BBC_Radio1_Imaging_2011.pdf

Here's the Chart Show one aswell. No idea on who made it though!

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/site/Radio1_Chart_Show_Pitch_2012.pdf

Holly has been the female voice since October 2008(!), while David or whatever the male voice is called has been on since June 2009.

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone heard the 'New Sound of BBC Radio 1' promo? Sounding extremely likely we'll hear the new package on 2nd April.

Yeah, heard that on Moyles' show this morning. It sounds like a very upbeat package, but I can't really say much as I've only heard a few seconds of it when I was half-asleep!

Latest additions:

New female voice; sounds very good on the Newsbeat imaging. Will give some other shows a listen later on today.

Latest additions:

So, tomorrow is the launch for 'The new sound of Radio 1' Lets hope it is a complete over haul including new Newsbeat imaging as well as DJ stuff. We'll see!

Yeah it's the end of Raai-di-o 1! Will be interested to see what it sounds like in Fearne's show.

Well I must say I like the male voice, but the female one just doesn't sound quite right - especially on the Newsbeat imaging - far too much emphasis on THIS! Made me chuckle with Moyles taking the piss earlier!

Also, got to give Chris Smith a hats off for his twitter branded entertainment news imaging earlier today! Bravo!

The last update from Pure Tonic Media was January 2011. Nothing more after that. Basically they created updates in August/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 and January 2011, then it all suddenly stopped....

Latest additions:

The last update from Pure Tonic Media was January 2011. Nothing more after that. Basically they created updates in August/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 and January 2011, then it all suddenly stopped....

Pure Tonic got swallowed up by Reelworld in summer last year so perhaps that had something to do with the lack of updates from then on, and the introduction of a new package.

Pure Tonic got swallowed up by Reelworld in summer last year so perhaps that had something to do with the lack of updates from then on, and the introduction of a new package.
Ah! This i have no doubt is the reason. Probably something to do with contracting. Glad PTM went though, their R1 stuff was rubbish

Ah! This i have no doubt is the reason. Probably something to do with contracting. Glad PTM went though, their R1 stuff was rubbish

I think the PTM, R1 stuff was really good. I just think it was to commercial for Radio 1.

To make the Radio 1 stuff, PT done requires a fair bit of Production talent. :)

What have I got?

Bits and Bobs

Yes i suspect it probably does and the way they made individual Ra-Di- O stuff and allowed R1 to make their own stuff was a great idea. ike you say maybe it was too commercial, either way it didn't suit m(even if i did find my self singig along to them in the car!)