Unofficial Mills

CHANGES: Scott Mills to swap with Greg James at Radio 1

Jono

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really. First they give fearne and Greg jobs (two of the worst daytime dj's radio 1 have ever had), then move Scott to make way for that boring idiot. Must be planning to give cotton the breakfast slot. R1 daytime has never been the same since the departure of Edith and jo. This just makes it worse. The only two dj's worth listening to on a regular basis are Scott and Sara. Definitely switching off the station for good. Now where can I get a dab radio installed into my car.......

Oh you mean Coxy who got the Breakfast job and failed, and only got it because of her mate Zoe Ball in the first place? Just sayin...

anyways, Moyles is still in Brekkie, no-one at Radio1 has even MENTIONED Cotton in connection with the Breakfast show, so some people are making something out of NOTHING here.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

there can be as many petitions as need be, but the truth of the matter is that radio 1 bosses won't listen. even if it's suicidal. people need to understand that they don't care, i realised that way back in 2004 with mark and lard, then dave pearce, now judge jules.

on the grid.

Radio 1 bosses have already said that Greg James is the main contender to get the Breakfast show once Chris Moyles leaves.

and yet people are still moaning that FEARNE might get the breakfast gig... they fail, hard. Just annoying to see people being arses for no reason over something that won't even happen.

It's another discussion, but while Greg James is the most likely contender for Breakfast now, they could go leftfield and do something like put Fearne and Matt Edmondson on breakfast. Which would be like cooking steak for dinner and then serving it alongside offal...

when Greg is widely known to be the preferences of Radio1 bosses (as mentioned earlier in this very thread), I don't think that's likely. Moyles isn't necessarily going anywhere just yet... There seem to be a LOT of assumptions being made on tenuously related matters here.

I'm really shocked! I feel a bit sad as Scott really was the DJ that got me into R1 and I've always listened to him when in the car on the way home but generally listen to the Podcast more. I hope it continues.

However I do like Greg and hopefully he can improve to fill the slot. I suppose it's see how it goes and whether he's good enough to take on the breakfast Show.

I'm really hoping Grimmy get's a daytime show as I think he's fantastic, when Annie and him are together it's brilliant radio. Be interesting to see what happens to him and Huw in the long run.

As for Fearne, when she started I really didn't like the show but now I've sort of got into it, but like Jo Whiley /Sara Cox the late morning time suites them in my opinion!

Oh well!

Maybe Scott will team up with Greg during the Brits, didn't they once try and steal a large Brit statue together?

As an aside, I'm new, and just thought I'd pop along and say how upset I am that Mills and team are moving from drivetime. It means that I'm almost certainly going to stop listening to Radio 1 on my way home - (perish the thought of R2, but, what's Simon Mayo like??????)

Do you think there will still be a Scott Mills Daily? The afternoon shows traditionally don't get podcast priviledges...

RE: Edinburgh, is that another sorta unconnected theory that this move has no real bearing on? :)

Yea I suppose so. Just thinking it will be interesting to see what they do with the Festival overall. Personally I think it's a good opportunity to use Matt Edmondson a bit more as its right up his street.

Hey Ho!

Some thoughts:

1. If Scott was considering a move to Capital seriously, and refused the offer at Christmas THEN got the news about this then I imagine he is seriously pissed off. SERIOUSLY. If I was him and this was the case I would walk. But the whole Capital thing might not be true.

2. Surprised though they have kept him on daytimes- must be the case that he is living out the rest of his contract in this slot. Not Radio 1's style to move a DJ who's Radio 1 career is dying into a relatively big slot. Maybe its something to do with contractual hours?

3. The Scott Mills breakfast dream is over. Dead. Gone. Which is a shame. I dont think he ever had the fire in his belly for it like Moyles did. Such a nice guy really- never any backchat about Moyles or R1 bosses. He has been a huge professional throughout this. Imagine if Moyles hadnt got breakfast in 2004? The sniping would have been terrible, considering the way he treated Sara Cox back in the day.

4. If the tweets are for real, Ben Cooper needs to work on his reshuffling skills. If they mess Moyles around and dont let him hit the 10 years there will be blood.

5. Greg James is obviously the favourite for the slot...although if I was a betting man.....what about partnering Fearne Cotton and Greg James up? Kevin Greening and Zoe Ball style? Think this could keep the ratings up, and they both have good chat. The 10-1 slot can easily be filled- Annie Mac, Nick Grimshaw, Sara Cox etc etc

6. We have entered a period of considerable change. Vernon Kay, Scott Mills, Sara Cox, Edith Bowman, Chris Moyles (2014) will all be gone within the next 3/4 years. But I guess we kinda knew that.

7. Will Scott Mills still be depping on Breakfast? Imagine Greg James will be the next in line. Given Dave said Moyles is off in April, imagine the 1-4 slot will be vacated for a month. Scott will leave drive end of March, first 2 weeks of April on brekkie for the last time, then a good 2 week holiday.

8. FINALLY- Scott Mills has done this gig for 8 years. How amazing is that? He is the longest serving Drive host by a long shot. Nothing can ever take that away.

Greg James, Fearne Cotton, Reggie Yates, Annie Mac, Nick Grimshaw...they are all the future now. Unfortunately for some on here you are just going to have to accept it.

Greg James, Fearne Cotton, Reggie Yates, Annie Mac, Nick Grimshaw...they are all the future now.

Spot on, although Reggie won't be around for long I'd wager. He's being completely marginalised, cut to 1 show a week - fair enough the chart's a big show, but it doesn't really allow him to show off any real presenting skills, plus he never seems to do cover. I wouldn't be sad to see him go to be honest, don't really feel he does very well in general.

2. Surprised though they have kept him on daytimes- must be the case that he is living out the rest of his contract in this slot. Not Radio 1's style to move a DJ who's Radio 1 career is dying into a relatively big slot. Maybe its something to do with contractual hours?

Clearly his R1 career is not dying if he's only been moved to 1-4. The show did go down in quality slightly after Chappers left but it was still the best show on Radio 1. Now that they got Chris it's back up so until today I thought his Radio 1 career would progress. Alas, I was wrong. The bosses have definitely attracted attention, shame it's negative.