Unofficial Mills

CHANGES: Scott Mills to swap with Greg James at Radio 1

Jono

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear hint there that Greg James will be the next man on breakfast. Wondering whether Ben Copper seriously is unable to find someone better, because Greg is alright, but never in a thousand years will be be able to handle a breakfast show. I find him rather boring.

Shame to see Scott being pulled away from drive. I assumed his ratings were rather good, so he doesn't really deserve being demoted. I sincerely hope that he finds a great opportunity for a career after Radio 1.

Personally, I won't bother tuning in to Radio 1 often. Radio 1 without Moyles, Whiley and Mills on daytime won't be my cup of tea, so good riddance, I think, puts it quite well.

unique...

It IS a slap in the face. I agree. i won't be able to listen to most of this. Ben cooper is a prick, imo. james is younger, and it fits in wiv radio one's yoof obsessions. Assholes. Just blast the station into space next.

tbh that's what Cooper is doing. Circumstances for Radio are getting more and more difficult by itself. Then there is Greg, who's just not up to it and will deliver a ratings disaster. I guess he and Cooper will be out by 2015 after having failed completely.

unique...

Another rubbish shake up. Don't agree with moving Scott, and why is Fearne still on!

Aw come on it's the biggest radio station in the world and after nearly 10 years he's still going to be in the afternoons! Pretty good going I'd say. It's going to be a new challenge for him and hopefully will allow him to branch out into new projects too.

First step, afternoons, second step weekends, then night time.

Greg is just rubbing it in now:

So...this is the best day ever. I can't wait. Thank you for all your messages. We're going to have a lot of fun loverrrrs

Sam

If Cooper wants to freshen things up a bit, get someone new for early breakfast, put Greg on weekends or somewhere and find someone new for 1-4 as well. What Cooper is doing makes some sense, but Greg James simply isn't the future of Radio 1, no matter how hard he tries and now matter how much Cooper believes he is.

unique...

I think Greg's original promotion from Early Morning was a good move but they should have just left it at that. He has not developed from there that much and he is not entertaining enough to replace Scott. Plus his features are quite poor. Scott's slot and Breakfast Show should be reserved for teams. Radio 1 are obsessed with changes - any change seems good change to them.

It will be interesting to hear the Dance Anthems but I think it should be on at 7 instead of replacing the Request Show.

do think the backlash against Greg James on twitter isn't fair and i suppose should be aimed at the bosses, the generation of Mills and Moyles will be hard to top or replicate without ruining radio 1's reputation and the bosses are so stretching them out to keep everyone happy until they find a suitable replacement for them both.