Unofficial Mills

TV or the Internet?

DC

what do you spend more time doing, watching tv or going online?

i was talking about this with a friend the other day, i realise that i probably spend more time on my computer than i do watching tv. i've never been into soaps or reality tv at all, my parents aren't either so i've never bothered myself. to be honest apart from football i might watch something like police interceptors, american dad, family guy etc. but apart from that i don't really have any dedication to watching anything, i probably spend more time going around youtube.

on the grid.

To be honest, on a regular school day, I'd probably spend maybe six or seven hours on the Internet and between half an hour to three hours watching TV. That's a bit excessive, right? But to be honest, most of the time I spend on the Internet is actually watching TV. I spend most of my time on YouTube, whether it's watching random YouTubers or (this is pretty sad) soap storylines (there are hundreds. Spent half-term watching Kish from the American soap OLTL and LuRe from the American soap As The World Turns) or films. Also, half the stuff I watch I'd rather not watch in front of anyone (Skins, Playing It Straight, Happy Endings, etc.), so I watch them either on my laptop or iPad. In all honesty though, the best way to watch TV is on an actual TV…

(This makes me sound incredibly sad, but I promise you, I do have a social life… Sort of.)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

I can never get to the TV because my little brothers are always playing fifa or something... So I usually spend most time on the internet really, but most of it is watching TV shows that no one else in my family wants to watch or I want to watch on me tod eg. House, Hustle, New Girl, Misfits, Skins etc... And there's more to do on the internet like finding people on Youtube...

Again, I do have a life, but school work is too boring sometimes.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

I have a tv in the house/flat but its not used for watching live tv. Firstly me and my flatmate never actually got round to making a decision regarding the tv license so we dont have 1, and secondly we're out a hell of a lot so it doesn't really make much sense to have it if we're not gonna use it.

We've got the internet so anything we wanna watch can be done through that on the iplayer etc and connect the laptops to the tv and watch it that way so its all good. Between us we have an unbelievable amount of dvds/things on hard drive so we're probably not missing out on much anyway.

Not impressed with censorship

I love it. But not so much the new series, I'm all about 1st generation. ;)

I hear that. 2nd Gen I'm partial to due to a certain pair of characters... (Why yes they DO happen to be twins :P), this one, couldn't care much less, haven't bothered with much of this series, though at least the androgynous one changed image, even if it turned her into sorta a slut (going on the 1 ep I've seen).

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...