Unofficial Mills

Hackney Weekend Lineup

rosie_posii

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you ain't gonna like this, but I'm with Viv on this one. Florence and her machine are dreadful, unfortunately anyone can buy music these days including those with no taste which is why her albums do so well. Its also why we have so much bilge in the charts these days

You'd rather we have shit like N-Dubz, Justin bloody Bieber or some XCraptor manufactured BS? Yes, much of the modern toss is shite, but don't assume that means there's NO good, there are some great talents coming through. Sorry some people can't recognise that and would rather go back to artists who were past it long ago.

and Newsflash, music has ALWAYS been open to anyone to buy as long as it's been available to buy... To believe otherwise and try to blame anything on that is a bit of a #Fail I'm afraid.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

There are limited great talents coming through at the moment, and more and more artists appear to be sampling music from the past ... Why? do they realise it was just simply better? i agree totally with cxx666. there used to be a time in the morning where i wished moyles would talk less, so i could hear the music. now, i wish he would talk more. even moyles has often commented on the playlist.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I could write a long, long list of artists at the moment who have plenty of talent, it isn't a limited list Viv.

Jessie J, Adele, Florence, Muse, The Wombats, Sleigh Bells, Biffy Clyro, Pro Green, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Wretch 32, Mumford & Sons, Chase & Status...

I could go on if you want...?

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

You'd rather we have shit like N-Dubz, Justin bloody Bieber or some XCraptor manufactured BS?

Did I say that? No I don't believe I did. I can't stand Beiber, I don't mind N-Dubz but I wouldn't say i was a fan and most of the ones from Z Factor are poor as well. The only half descent ones to come from those shows are Olly Murs and JLS.

and Newsflash, music has ALWAYS been open to anyone to buy as long as it's been available to buy... To believe otherwise and try to blame anything on that is a bit of a #Fail I'm afraid.

I'm well aware of this you partonising arse, what I was meaning that there was a time when you had to really want a song in order to buy it. I would have to get the bus into town, get £3 or however much a CD was, and then go and find it in the likes of HMV. Nowadays with everything being able to be bought digitally in seconds, and for as little as 50p per track, there are far more chances for absolute dross to chart. People can now buy something on a whim. "Chavs" can go off and buy any old screechy noise that someone claims is music and it has the ability to chart. Idiotic children who love the likes of Beiber are able to get hold of his drones because they've made it far too easily accessible. The way I bought music as a kid/teenager was completely different to how they buy it now. I know this makes me sound old but I'm only 25! This just goes to show how much things have changed in the last decade and I don't believe it is for the better

Do you honestly think that if we still had to go to so much effort to obtain music that the likes of that God awful Cover Drive would have got to number 1 the other week? I think not.

P.S. Using hash tags in forums is moronic, they belong on Twitter. Just thought you should know.

Not impressed with censorship

P.S. Using hash tags in forums is moronic, they belong on Twitter. Just thought you should know.

Now who's a patronising arse... :rolleyes:

and no, not just any chavvy little kid can go buy online, many of them will acquire illegally that way, but still need access to money to do it, so still (usually) needs some kind of parental input, probably more so than a kid going off into town with pocket money...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I could write a long, long list of artists at the moment who have plenty of talent, it isn't a limited list Viv.

Jessie J, Adele, Florence, Muse, The Wombats, Sleigh Bells, Biffy Clyro, Pro Green, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Wretch 32, Mumford & Sons, Chase & Status...

I could go on if you want...?

Ellie, Adele and Mumford are OK but that doesn't change the fact that there aren't many new bands we can be proud of.

Mmm. Agreed. Bbc intro really need to get on it. i think i had kinda collapsed laughing reading throo that particular list. and cxx666's post this morning was genius. not even gonna post where i was at the time, but i almost fell into a burn.

Seeing as the artists that I mention are pretty successful and talented, I'm not entirely sure why you were laughing so much. :rolleyes:

The sheep is not a creature of the air.