Unofficial Mills

Clarkson: Strikers Should Be Shot !!

Viv

To strike or not to strike : that is the question !!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. To strike or not to strike : that is the question !!

• I agree with strikes
    • I disagree with strikes

Spelled distract wrong ... Oops ... #redwine #smashed .... someone else now suggested we boycott the shops and don't buy topgear dvds. Bit over top #twitter ... #loons #redwine #whocares ..... neighbour now screaming. Clarkson stuff maybe got too much. i never realised british humour was subtle or funny. funnily enough, i dont find british humour funny .. Scottish humour... Yeh, funny. British humour, no funny

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

don't get me wrong, the reaction to this is way over the top from the do-gooders. clarkson is a twat but i'm sure he dosen't condone murder of innocent people. the issue here is that the media are throwing their weight behind the governent again. they get a hardline tory like clarkson on tv with a big mouth, to turn the section of the public who can't decide for themselves against the protesters. agree or disagree with them, they are standing up against the governmet and what they are doing to this country and the media don't like it. if the government get their way against people who stand up against them, it will turn more and more into a dictatorship and they will get away with what they please.

on the grid.

Basically, these striking people are guaranteed pensions at the end of their working lives. Why I am against the strikes, because at the end of the day, they are still gonna be better off than many people.

That said, £60.00 (just as an example of what a nurse I was speaking to will be paying) is a WHACK extra money to find in a month, especially if you have young kids as well.

Also: regarding teachers, apparently according to recent research only 3% of teaching staff make the grade when it comes to teaching standards. A number of teachers were also spotted on Twitter XMAS SHOPPING on Strike Day. Nice to see such great solidarity for colleagues and care for pupils. What is the point to them at all. :rolleyes::|:rolleyes:

I kind of agree with cxx666: it's ok to have cuts, as long as they don't come your way!!

That said, these cuts are well out of hand now. Someone was saying on R2 the other week the Government would be better spreading the debt repaying over 100 years, rather than doing SO MUCH, SO FAST. I happen to agree. And the Government then wonder why nobody wants to race out shopping and spending?!?

It looks like the pensions stuff will be discussed on R4's "Any questions" this afternoon... Clarkson will be discussed as well after one pm today. Could be interesting !!

by the way, looks like Clarkson is only gonna be "spoken to" on his return from filming for Top Gear in China. The BBC were smart enough to get the apologies in fast then !!

BTW, from cm.net : someone's point of view !!

"We are paying this idiot's wages after all as a BBC employee.When 2 men posted an article on the internet in august telling people to join in the London riots they were jailed for several years. I don't see what the difference is between what they did and what Jeremy Clarkson has said. So I think he should at the very least be sacked and possibly charged with incitement to hatred. What do you all think?"

hmmm

Last thing I'm gonna say on this one:

Feel free to think of Clarkson as an arse or whatever (while realising he's In-character, and that's probably what he WANTS you to think of the onscreen him), but at least get your facts straight when doing so.

Many people aren't, missing out things like the other side he presented and that the actual Joke he was making was more about parodying BBC idea of 'balance'.

Getting facts right is NOT really much to ask now, is it?

I've also had people tell me I'm an idiot for liking him... right I'm gonna go find some Amy Winehouse fans if THIS is acceptable behaviour... thought not. Yet it's OK for the people REACTING IN HORROR to what he said as a joke to seriously and Genuinely wish he was being shot? How does this make complainers any different from the person they're complaining about? Heads out of asses please.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

People working in the public sector have to join a union, right? And if their union strikes, then they HAVE to strike. So it's hardly the fault people actually working in the public sector…

Ignorant view: I found the strikes great. Day off school and went to Southampton with my friends and had a well fun day. :)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

People working in the public sector have to join a union, right? And if their union strikes, then they HAVE to strike. So it's hardly the fault people actually working in the public sector…

Indeed, lest they be labelled Scabs and shunned into the darkness for all eternity... or something.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...