Unofficial Mills

Mills Going To Capital Radio !!

Viv

Yeah you do realise earlier today it said some cover presenter from The star in the north had got the gig, it's wikipedia for crying out loud! As for people talking about it on cm.net???? Someone on digital spy said ant n dec were getting capital bfast gig but that doesn't make it true. Capital won't go national until at least after 2012, contracts and that innmost stations sorted in September an are a year min, so they'd have to pay off 7 different bfast shows and drivetime presenters nearly a years worth of wages........won't happen.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it would be a massive step down, there is no station bigger than radio 1 in the uk to be honest with it's coverage n' all. i don't think it's true but if he ever did leave there would be no reason for me to listen to radio 1 in the day.

on the grid.

After tweeting about mills, capital have unfollowed laura sayers now on twitter. what is that all about. like someone else said, best to wait until official announcement is made. i have now put a digital radio on my xmas wish list, so i can still listen to scott...

Have to wonder why the rival station were even following her at all to be honest?

Btw, if nothing else, at least um is busy again. every cloud, o every cloud, lets sing it loud, o every cloud...

This sermon was brought to you by the Church Of Vivworld...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

After tweeting about mills, capital have unfollowed laura sayers now on twitter. what is that all about. like someone else said, best to wait until official announcement is made. i have now put a digital radio on my xmas wish list, so i can still listen to scott...

I think they unfollowed her because she tweeted that Capital was rubbish..

I think they unfollowed her because she tweeted that Capital was rubbish..

she's right. we have capital birmingham here and it's dire, it's like they took anything what was good away from galaxy and called it capital/chavital/crapital/calpol.

on the grid.

The thing that got me this afternoon when i switched capital on for first time to get impressions was that it sounded exactly like radio one. In fact, if there hadn't been the capital fm announcements, i would have thought it was radio one. shows how much r1 has dumbed down over the years.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

You follow rivals on twitter, so you can watch what they are saying and doing.... of course people will follow laura. i follow about 500 peeps i cannot even stand, as well as keeping an eye on other accounts.

Meh maybe I'm doing it wrong but if people really annoy, I don't wanna read their BS in my timeline. I suspect I have people following me for those reasons though, despite me regularly advising that they don't have to follow etc. But then, I'm not there for numbers alone or anything.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

As stated before: The Capital Brand is available nationwide now, and all it's sister stations will merge into one come January, the first commercial station to do so I believe. (so far only their chart show is broadcast nationwide...

so, indeed, the Capital "gig" is gonna be a big one to get !!

From celebritain's website: apparently Dave Berry and Mills are BOTH in negotiations to get the job, with an announcement expected IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

Let's not forget that all important thing!! Money!! And moving to Capital would mean Mills would be paid more !!

Continue to watch this space.... !! :-0 - Mills, meanwhile, continues to remain silent on Twitter.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I would rather do the new music show than the breakfast show early starts, being cheery and entertaining isn’t my vibe and being hip and on trend. With new music it’s a different kettle of fish that could get my teeth into and enjoy researching and planning of the show and coming up with ideas and making my mark in away that I don’t think I have the ideas for a breakfast. I don’t see how it could be alienating but I enjoy the niche and speciality of expertise that new music shows gives it’s good spot of giving you the headlines and setting the agenda of mainstream music.
    • Absolutely, Jack is such an incredible broadcaster already, incredibly entertaining with such brilliant music knowledge and his excitement is contagious, I've never really listened to New Music Shows like Future Sounds but I'm instantly invested in new music due to his show, as I'm sure many others are too.  yes the effects are a little strange but after listening back they're strangely charming when you get used to them. 
    • Jack has smashed it He was born for this show, he said he’d been dreaming of it and you could tell. Such passion and energy as always with Jack but in a show that can grab people’s attention and drag them down the rabbit hole of new music if you had a keen interest in discovering new music but haven’t in a while, new music shows can be alienating with no familiarity until you ‘get into it’ - the new show has ensured you can ease into to get back into sync . i love the Zane influences - he will be the forefront of where every emerging and returning artist wants to be with this show . Very excited for this chapter
    • Oh I though they were nbh studios   
    • Yes, I feel that unless it’s for a special sessions with a large ensemble band that for live sessions going out live on the radio. Never saw why they haven’t used the live lounge studio and feel that room could be used more.  
    • Interesting now Zane has for apple interviewed anything from an artists that have charted and doing less interviews with new and emerging talents chatting to Shakira, Usher, Kelly Clarkson and Shania Twain. Yes, that is a positive thing about Jack Saunders. Although I don’t mind it from time to time for a presenter to be honest and spill an unsavoury opinion about music on the station like Annie did with Fall Out Boy.
    • Interesting Jack mentioned they've got new studios at Maida Vale; you'd think, with the move to Stratford, they wouldn't bother update the studios so close to the end...
    • I assume it's meant to appeal to a TikTok generation
    • Yep Jack is very much Radio 1's modern day Zane Lowe - but with the bonus that he does feel a bit a bit more open-minded and open to chart stuff than Zane was. I could never imagine Zane being a chart host the way Jack is - I always had the sense if Zane didn't approve of your music taste he'd make you well aware of it.
    • I will still call them sessions as feel with gigs it makes you think of a live tangible means of going to listen to a band play music and not virtually tuning in via the medium of radio.
    • He does what the show needs regardless of how annoying some people may find his presentation style is like. I feel and very much do hope he is in for the long haul and could atleast do four years where his energy may into be as always as bouncy. But he has the knowledge, passion and interaction and not so overbearing but very much so sense of confidence that you need. I think he could easily have a good Zane Lowe like era. Just hope that they consider doing a new late night live music show as I do miss that something of what he had in the early days of the indie show and when Huw Stephens was on live at the after ten slot
    • Speaking of the sessions, they've been renamed Live Gigs for any forum members not listening to the show & reading this later
    • I’ve found the jingles are annoying and going to grate on the listener quickly. It’s a good opening week with big name hottest records and sessions
    • With the effects I'm half expecting a massive whoooooo soon