Unofficial Mills

What it feels like to be on Google+

Jono

Orange phone and Android phone can be the same thing though as they are different aspects of the phone.

Android is the Operating System that runs things on the phone aside from Texts/Phone calls (alternatives are things like iOS that you get on iPhones, Blackberry's system etc), Orange is just your Network (with alternatives like Vodafone, Three, O2 etc) who handle the signal for you through their satellites and towers etc.

Also heard some stats on a webcast last night about Bacefook. Can't recall the exact figures but out of all the people who are signed up to it, the number who actually use it on a regular basis is apparently dropping and is already actually quite low. I have noticed that most of their latest updates are stolen fr- I mean 'Inspired by' things in Google+ and Twitter.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Soz. Insufficient brain power for this. u know, my cousin and i were discussing how much TIME technology takes up. I mean, yesterday i spent two hours doing stuff.... It has become an obligation almost. i mean, how did we survive in the days before the internet, yet somehow we did. u know, i was reading the other day that many younger people are just as insulated as the elderly because of the time spent online. Sad.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I got an invitation off a friend some days ago. It's still unused in my inbox. I won't joing Google+ because I don't need/want it. It's just another social network and I've already enough to keep up to date with on Twitter and FB. Google wants to join the social media market and I never liked companies trying to influence people by getting friends to do the "marketing".

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

I have also stuck with Hotmail but only because I'm too lazy to delete it. I don't use it for emails and I'm never online with the messenger. I've also got fb for about 3 years now I think but it's gone all rubbish. Twitter has hooked me only a year ago and even if it is sometimes a bit impersonal, I quite like it, as it is simple to use and easy to find stuff when you're looking for something.

The trouble with Facebook is that even if you leave your data still exists on their servers. That said, it's the same on a lot of other sites. I think the best mentality to have with posting things online is that if you don't want a friend, your family or a potential employer to find it a few years or months down the line don't post it at all. Once something's online it's incredibly difficult or even impossible to get something pulled down unless you get the law involved.

Exactly. The best way is "always think twice before posting anything". I also have more than one email address because I don't want to mix up Facebook/Twitter with school/work stuff.

.....I'm not saying I'm not writing about school on Facebook! It's just that I don't want teachers or future employers to find my profile easily (they'll find it anyway, but as I'm not always nice, I can make it a bit difficult for them... :D).

I have still to learn that "think twice before posting rule ".... it is a good one though. I have just had harveys the furniture store come after me on twitter over some remark i made about their adverts... That is the thing, u never know where something might show up online...

Right, Newsbeat are gonna be discussing online stuff today... If you have ever been bullied online, then please text NEWS to 81199 and your message.

Please also check out Cher Lloyd's stuff on the radio 1 Site, whose mother was threatened with violence !! www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/newsbeat/ - should, as she says, the Government become involved in making new rules??

Twitter, from my own experiences of reporting stuff, do not tend to do anything !! That's the thing, they are saying they investigate, but they are not the police. Which kind of begs the question: why are the investigating @ all if they cannot actually DO anything?!?! I've texted Newsbeat about that.

Also, Moyles and Aled were discussing stuff being posting online. Broadcast time = 0740 hours. Aled was saying he has seen people post stuff they have been doing illegally onto Twitter.

Moyles was jokingly saying all comments should be complimentary to the Chris Moyles' show.... thing is, why should you coat everything in sugar as well....

It's a fine line really, I think. I think we have all crossed it as some point, but, really, where should the line be, because being nice all the time is just false feedback. If we all, just as an example, came on here and said we love everything broadcast, every radio feature, every habit a DJ had, it would just become ridiculous. Surely?!

Chrismoyles.net have basically called the "Teen Awards" stuff a pile of shite, which I actually agree with, but in today's net-nanny World, someone will probably try to stop even that.

Yes/No?? Undecided?

I don't like the Teen Awards feature they've been running. This morning I just skipped it. It's boring. I wish management would make the show more about entertainment (which is why people even listen in the first place) instead of a platform for pushing corporate crap and plugging things.

Now constructive feedback is all good, letting you know what was done wrong/wasn't good is what you need to improve. But people just 'flaming' for the sake of spewing hatred isn't any good at all.

I don't agree with people bullying, if you don't like someone/something how about you don't listen to them?! Novel idea I know!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson