Unofficial Mills

My Mobile Speaks To Me In Dutch!! Why??

Viv

Would anyone know why my mobile has everything written out to me in Dutch??

When I first got the 'phone in April all the content on Twitter was in English. Now, the tweets continue to be in English, but the twitter comments surrounding the tweets are in DUTCH!! It's not affecting my ability to use the 'phone, but it's just quite bizarre.

Just as an example: when I pull up Mills' twitter, it's got: "Ontvang korte en regelmatige berichten van Scott Mills. Twitter is een rijke bron aan constant bijgewerkte informatie. Het is....... ", etc., etc....

It's affecting no other part of the browser other than Twitter. Also, I was informed via email that some Dutch people were following me, I log onto twitter, and nobody was there?!?!

:|

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

If everything else apart from Twitter is in English, you've probably changed the Twitter language settings. If you use the web interface - click your username top right, go into Settings, choose Engels as the language and Save to put them back to usual. If it's a phone app and not via your phones web browser, there'll be settings in there somewhere to do the same.

If your phone uses Android and it's the system language that's wrong rather than just Twitter go to 'Settings'->'Language and Keyboard' and then 'Select locale'. I imagine though that since it's just Twitter that's messed up you just need to change the language settings there.

I can say a few words in Dutch! I used to watch a Dutch soap opera, Gute Tijden, Schlecte Tijden (I can't spell) because there was a really awesome gay couple on it. (I watched it with subtitles but did learn a few words of Dutch eventually.) Perhaps you should just learn the language, Viv. :)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.