Unofficial Mills

Record Of Week: James Morrison : I Won't Let You Go !!

Viv

James Morrison: What Do You Think??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. James Morrison: What Do You Think??

• Wish He Would Let This Go....
    • He Should Never Let It Go....

I would hope Florence And The Machine's latest release - What The Water Gave Me (already up to no 30 on iTunes, no1 in Alternative within 3 hours of release) is gonna be a future ROTW, but I know ROTW is utter dreck nine times outta ten.

Happily this one seems to be the 1/10 that's actually good (while feeling painfully relevant right now)... which means it won't be followed with a good one anytime soon?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

No... Madonna was on radio one's playlist for pretty much twenty years..... And headlined at a former big weekend... Was fawned all over by jo whiley, and mills loves her.... All peeps with good taste.... She was only cast aside on account of "age" ... Whatever that is.... Not lack of talent....... incidentally, she is getting to work on a hot new album.... I can hardly wait....... Florence who ?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Seems Florence is a recent artist with a similar attitude really (although more modest? always been thankful to the fans from day 1 and does everything for them). Could possibly say same about James, the dude this thread was supposed to be about /tenuouswayofdraggingthiskickingandscreamingbackontopic

Has florence raised awareness for any cause the way madonna ciccone did... She did great things for awareness of aids, just as an example............ Plus, less vain? well, she's in an industry that often values looks over talent....... and youth over talent, hence the amount of drivel on the playlist...... i wonder if florence belch will last as long as the uber talented madonna.

Vain was the wrong word, I have since edited that. Pretty sure Florence has done a few charity gigs etc, and her career is still young so the influence she has isn't quite as strong as Madonna's at her peak (yet).

Despite appearances, I also like Madonna (but not as much), but haven't been impressed with her stuff since Ray of Light I'm afraid (and that thing with Ali G).

Only just registered on this site , so first time on forum ! Having heard ( and loved ) this song on radio at the weekend I was immediately drawn to this thread , interested to see what feedback was , so was surprised to see a 50 / 50 split on whether this song should be ' let go ' or not ..... bloody ridiculous !

Yeah it's pop music , but his vocals are just something else ....... a brilliant songwriter/ musician , an almost .... if not male equivalent of Adele !

Definitely worthy of being Scott's record of the week ........ go James !

' let go ' or not ..... bloody ridiculous !

!

Those polls (as created by your's truly) are tongue in cheek polls. That's what always happens when a ROTW is being reviewed ... rather than the boring 1. I love this 2. I hate this, most people try to be a little more creative. If I am on the polls, anything is pretty much possible.

Nice to see a new face, however. You don't happen to be one of the peeps I got from twitter, are you.... your name kind of sounds familiar somehow.

Incidentally, Florence (Doovde already knows this) is set to be Greg's record of the week next week. I haven't got the time to go searching for the choon, but it's actually not too bad, if on the despondent side. Greg James is already all over it, so it looks as though we are set to hear much, much more of Florence (Belch). **

** quickly goes to turn on the gas.