Unofficial Mills

Amy Winehouse dead

E*F*4L

And of course people don't do drugs because a celebrity does. That is an absolutely stupid suggestion

So you don't think people have role models? Not saying they'd necessarily do something so stupid, but some people ARE very impressionable...

Personally I think people are more likely to do bad things because of a Celeb role model than things like video games.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

i've found through certain people i've met over the years that people who do drugs end up on them because of the people they mix with, and then the type of drugs they do depends on what that group of friends do. i find it really really funny when certain parts of the media or people who generally have no clue what they are talking about try to explain things like they understand it all. anyway that's more or less the clubbers side of things.

amy winehouse looks a different case. the weak minded type who dosen't know when to stop and whom has mixed with completley the wrong people, who won't look after her or tell her she's had enough. by the looks of it she was on the type of drugs that most people wouldn't touch, crack cocaine, heroin etc.

And of course people don't do drugs because a celebrity does. That is an absolutely stupid suggestion

well that's generally most people anyway, i refuse to believe that if winehouse and doherty wern't around that people who do drugs wouldn't do them. certainaly not the clubbers side of things, for starters they aren't interested in the two people i just mentioned. different scene. anyway blaming the celebs is the easy way out, they should be their own person and make their own choices. and decide on how far they should go with it, if they are even going to do it at all.

another way to look at it is this for example, thinking completley out the box. theo walcott, who plays for arsenal. his inspiration as a footballer growing up was michael owen. he's turned out to be a good player, but as people with interests they are completley different to each other. even the way they act. for instance, walcott has no interest in horse racing like owen has.

anyway, end of the day. she's dead. like i said before, i feel more sorry for her mom and dad than anyone else, including amy. but if anything she can be an example now to others, not to go down that route she did.

on the grid.

Amy was the only one who could stop taking drugs, nobody else could do it for her, if she wanted to stop then she would have done.

Kelly Osborune talks about this in her book, she also said the same thing to Lindsay Lohan, which Lindasy didn't like, also Russell Brand has said the same thing about his addiction problems.

:)

Amy was the only one who could stop taking drugs, nobody else could do it for her, if she wanted to stop then she would have done.

Kelly Osborune talks about this in her book, she also said the same thing to Lindsay Lohan, which Lindasy didn't like, also Russell Brand has said the same thing about his addiction problems.

Agreed, and was also about to add about Lohan but you beat me toit.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

If you didn't hear it, Grimmy's tribute to Amy Winehouse on his show last night is well worth listening to. At the very least it's from someone who actually knew her...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012qn38/Nick_Grimshaw_Monday_Rob_da_Banks_Monday_Night_Pop_Quiz/

It's at about 10:00. Can't say I was a fan of hers, or her music, but by anyone's standards 27 is bloody young to be biting the dust...

If you didn't hear it, Grimmy's tribute to Amy Winehouse on his show last night is well worth listening to. At the very least it's from someone who actually knew her...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012qn38/Nick_Grimshaw_Monday_Rob_da_Banks_Monday_Night_Pop_Quiz/

It's at about 10:00. Can't say I was a fan of hers, or her music, but by anyone's standards 27 is bloody young to be biting the dust...

It was nice that he didn't play one of her tracks, just one that reminded him of him. And I agree, it was better that someone who knew her did a nice tribute.

How quickly the media and papers change their minds though....

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

I think what Viv is getting it at is, like it or not, people in the public eye can and do become role models, particularly for the young. While people you or I know might not necessarily do something just because a famous person does, there are those out there who will be encouraged by what they see someone else doing. However I agree with you that the weak minded are the ones more likely to fall into taking things (at least I assume thats what your point was).

yeh. That's wot I meant - those who live for the next issue of "heat" magazine, so they can see what their fave. celebs are saying, doing, wearing... then turn into a clone!!

Not everyone is the same of course - defo.

I just saw the "back to black" video for the first time, and it is actually a video of Amy at a funeral. Creeeeepppppyyyyyy !!!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

yeh. That's wot I meant - those who live for the next issue of "heat" magazine, so they can see what their fave. celebs are saying, doing, wearing... then turn into a clone!!

Oh I know someone like that, very nice woman but a bit deluded when it comes to celebrity and style/fashion. I mentioned these kinds of magazines to her 1 day when we were talking and she said she has to keep up to date with what her favourite celebrities are up to. God only knows what she will do if The Only Way Is Essex becomes a regular weekly program, she already thinks its super stylish :(

Coincidently, to quote Jimmy Carr: "its not the only way, there is a better way"

Not impressed with censorship