Unofficial Mills

Amy Winehouse dead

E*F*4L

seems to be going back to normal now, when the september 11th attacks happened radio 1 was really sombre all week. no lard with mark, no comedy dave with chris moyles etc... 7/7 wasn't like that though, there was just confusion to begin with and reports of a 'power surge'. i do recall michael jacksons death, i think it broke in kissy sell out's show, and he played man in the mirror and so on.

on the grid.

I know this has the potentiol to be rather unpopular but I wanted to say my bit on her death anyway.

I'm neither interested in the story, nor care about it. However at the end of the day, the woman was a junkie, some may say she was a good singer or talented or whatever, personally I disagree and didnt rate her as a singer anyways. However my point is this, she was in the news WEEKLY for a considerable time to do with drugs.

If a person gets involved with the dirty world of drink and drug addiction then they should get no sympathy whatsoever as they have brought it on themselves. They are a drain on tax payers, (thats you me and most of the others here as well I assume!) in terms of medical resources and policing, nothing more nothing less and they are not to be amired or publicised.

I would be holding off with my sympathy, although its not been confirmed at the moment as far as I'm aware, but like many others I suspect it has been as a result, be it directly or indirectly, of her addictions. If someone takes themselves out the gene pool through their addictions then personally I dont think they deserve anyone feeling sad for them as its all their own fault. Fair enough her family will be sad but I dont think the general public should be sharing the same sentiment.

Not impressed with censorship

People can be in difficult postions that cause them to take drugs and drink. However, I think that Amy was a great singer, and you can't really deny that. It may be her own fault, it might not. But whether you chose to show sympathy or not, that is your own choice.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

Sad news but it was inevitable with the way she was drug using really. Sympathies to her family and friends.

But really in comparison to what happened in Norway is nothing. I don't know what's going on with the world with all this at the moment.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Sad news but it was inevitable with the way she was drug using really. Sympathies to her family and friends.

But really in comparison to what happened in Norway is nothing.

My sentiments exactly. She was on a downward spiral for a long time and had people around who loved her and wanted to help her sort her life out, but she didn't manage it. "Live fast and die young".

Whereas almost a hundred totally innocent people have been killed in Norway for absolutely no reason. It shocks me that one person can hate complete strangers that much.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

My sentiments exactly. She was on a downward spiral for a long time and had people around who loved her and wanted to help her sort her life out, but she didn't manage it. "Live fast and die young".

Whereas almost a hundred totally innocent people have been killed in Norway for absolutely no reason. It shocks me that one person can hate complete strangers that much.

i have to agree

:)

They are a drain on tax payers, (thats you me and most of the others here as well I assume!) in terms of medical resources and policing, nothing more nothing less and they are not to be amired or publicised.

amy winehouse probably paid more tax into this country within 6 months than every member on this site ever will, simply on the amount she's earned. so on that fact alone in my eyes, she could of gone and done what she wanted to herself because it's from her earnings. and the risks were to her. i think we should be allowed to feel sorry for her parents though, it's still their little girl.

on the grid.

Quit talking about her drug/alcohol abuse problems and concentrate on her talent.

Personally I'm saddened by Amy's death. She had a unique voice, and was far too young to go.

I would agree though that the situation in Norway distresses me more.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I dont really like people making a comparrison between this and the awful events in Norway. The 2 are completely different news stories. At the end of the day the events in Norwary are heart breaking. No other words for it really.

Amy: She lived her life on the edge, and it came back to haunt her. 27 is no age, no matter who you are.

take control

Well, what a tragic waste of talent. Although I have to say I have heard far better singers!! When I think of her, the first thing that springs to mind is "drugs", probably because she was always in the papers for this, or stumbling along some street somewhere, probably not even knowing which street she was on....

What annoyed me though was the amy vs norway battle that blew up on Twitter @ the weekend. Which one was worse??

Er..... Norway definitely. Norway was a true tragedy. Amy, although talented, was just another skanky junkie that looked in need of a good wash.

I note Moyles, although bothering to acknowledge the situation, didn't want to give it that much time this morning. And good on him!!

Pity all these "celebs" posting on twitter now about her hadn't actually been THERE for her more often?! Just a thought.

Also have to laugh at all the newspapers who once damned her now putting her up there as a Goddess. But then, it sells papers, so well done.

O, and the record companies should neatly make themselves a wad of cash, so well done to you too.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I know this has the potentiol to be rather unpopular but I wanted to say my bit on her death anyway.

I'm neither interested in the story, nor care about it. However at the end of the day, the woman was a junkie, some may say she was a good singer or talented or whatever, personally I disagree and didnt rate her as a singer anyways. However my point is this, she was in the news WEEKLY for a considerable time to do with drugs.

If a person gets involved with the dirty world of drink and drug addiction then they should get no sympathy whatsoever as they have brought it on themselves. They are a drain on tax payers, (thats you me and most of the others here as well I assume!) in terms of medical resources and policing, nothing more nothing less and they are not to be amired or publicised.

Agree 100%.

amy winehouse probably paid more tax into this country within 6 months than every member on this site ever will, simply on the amount she's earned. so on that fact alone in my eyes, she could of gone and done what she wanted to herself because it's from her earnings. and the risks were to her. i think we should be allowed to feel sorry for her parents though, it's still their little girl.

And what about all the fans, many young, who would have looked up to her, and thought.... "Oh, she does drugs... I'll just do the same".

LOVE that Russell Brand article, Mitchell. It's been re-tweeted like crazy this morning!!

people who do drugs don't do them because a certain celeb does. they just get messy on beer and then one of their mates say "hey, give this a try." it's then down to peoples will power if they treat it as a social thing or if they go on to heavier stuff like crack cocaine and heroin.

it's stupid when people try to compare the two events. it's not like she died as a rivalry thing to the situation in norway, she probably didn't even know anything about it if she spent her final 24 hours mashed.

on the grid.

people who do drugs don't do them because a certain celeb does. they just .

yeh, course they don't.... the same way many don't try to look exactly the way their celeb idol does, from clothes to hair dos, to tanning products. blah, blah.

I bet Mills has single-handedly taken tanning product sales through the roof.

i actually know clubbers who do social stuff with drugs on weekends, and go to work and so on as normal in the week. not once have they mentioned amongst each other or to me, that they do what they do because of what a famous singer or icon does. not everyone in this world is attatched to heat magazine.

another case is this. the weak minded can fall into taking heavy stuff after even just smoking a bit of weed. just like a kid i used to go to school with. he started doing exactly that, within a couple of years he ended up getting with the wrong crowd and stealing from his parents house to fund the crack cocaine habbit he'd developed. he's cleaned up since then thank god, and everytime he's talked about it to me he's never mentioned that he went off the rails because pete docherty did drugs. he said he just felt pressured into doing bigger things because he was in the wrong circle of friends.

on the grid.

i actually know clubbers who do social stuff with drugs on weekends, and go to work and so on as normal in the week. not once have they mentioned amongst each other or to me, that they do what they do because of what a famous singer or icon does.

I think what Viv is getting it at is, like it or not, people in the public eye can and do become role models, particularly for the young. While people you or I know might not necessarily do something just because a famous person does, there are those out there who will be encouraged by what they see someone else doing. However I agree with you that the weak minded are the ones more likely to fall into taking things (at least I assume thats what your point was).

For the most part I disagreed with what Chris was saying on the radio this morning. Ok it will be sad for her friends, family, and fans, and he was right in saying that it was an addiction which isn't as easy to deal with as a lot of people think.

My problem which he, and many, fail to pick up on is this; Yes she had an addiction which will not have been easy to kick, but if someone genuinely wants to kick a habbit or addiction (drugs, drink, gambling, smoking etc) they do their very best to take themselves out of the environment which is causing their temptations. If that means distancing yourself from friends and places then if it is for the good of your health then so be it. I may be wrong, but because she seemed to keep getting back into her old ways this suggests to me that she didn't have the willpower to say no.

Not only that, we all know the dangerous assosciated with various addiction forming activities, such as the ones I mentioned above. Of all of them drugs are by far the most discussed, and widely known to be dangerous. Anyone taking drugs knows the risks and dangerous involved, they do not go into it with their eyes closed. She knew what she was getting herself into.

Not impressed with censorship

I may be wrong, but because she seemed to keep getting back into her old ways this suggests to me that she didn't have the willpower to say no.

Agreed, as I said in the shoutbox, there's only one person who can say Yes or No, her 'friends' could have done all the insisting they liked, but that doesn't mean she would actually listen to them.

She said it in her own song: They tried to make me go to Rehab, and I said no no no

yeah, you said no, and now you're dead. Well done.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Very Very sad news. Very talented young woman who achieved fame too early in life and unfortunately got hooked on drugs due to her ex and the stress of early fame. If only someone could have helped her. The record company could have done something really and not pushed her into doing shows

And of course people don't do drugs because a celebrity does. That is an absolutely stupid suggestion