Unofficial Mills

Daily Fail does it again...

MrDoovdeHaxorz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There r days when i get up before and dont get back until seven. What do these teachers want. A medal for it. besides we r getting away from the amounts they are earning by comparison to the rest of us. they can earn every bit of that with long hours s far as i am concerned.

Yeah but you said they ALWAYS FINISH AT FOUR and blamed them striking for this girl's tragic death as if it were fact, and this is quite plainly incorrect as I have gone into quite a lot of detail on from experience from teachers I know personally (and not just ones that taught me). My point is that they do work a lot more than you are giving them credit for (working a lot more than most other people and yet you insist they are 'part-timers') and quite frankly I'd like to see you try that job if you think it's so easy as you obviously think it is. I've also seen a lot of the utter crap they have to put up with from all sides, the kids, the parents and their bosses, but hey I guess that's nothing huh?

You can't really base an opinion of an entire group on your experience with one a-hole and expect said opinion not to be ripped apart by facts that rags like the Mail will conveniently omit for sensation.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Yep, the paper he claims to hate, yet has a subscription to? go figure.

it's not the Daily Mail i subscribe to, i'm not even allowed to post on their comments due to a ban :giggle: my dad has a subscription to the paper version of the Times so i also get access to the website.

what i am saying is that the teachers shouldn't have gone on strike & if the girl was in school like she should have been she wouldn't have died, there was teacher on the news a few days before they went on strike & she was saying that she didn't want to strike because she was going to loose a days pay, well thats HER choice, but what about the parents of all the children who also had to loose a days pay ?

i was working at Coventry Uni a few years ago & the lecturers were on strike because they wanted more money & i was talking to the main guy who runs the uni & he was saying that the amount they were striking over was less than they were loosing for having the days off !

i do get that this is just the start, but why should private sector workers bare the brunt of the cuts ? i pay into a pension my company don't put anything into it & really it's not worth the paper it's written on, they should start living in the real world, many private sector workers are having to work longer & their pensions have been reduced.

the teachers & other public sector workers seem to think that they are taking all the hits, but the private sector have been taking the hits for years, under Labour in many of their key constituencies huge investment has been made & thousands of jobs have been 'made' in the public sector, yes we need there people to run the system, but why do we need twice as many people running things now than when Labour won their first election.

all this stems back to where the money went, ie to bail out of the banks, well if i were in charge at the time i wouldn't have bailed them out, i would have let them fail, because the tax payer is NOT responsible for a private companies debt.

basically the public sector workers need to look at themselves & see how easy they have it, job for life, paid sick pay, nice pension, higher wages, more days off etc etc.

my mom is a dinner lady & seems to always be on holiday.

:)

She could have died on the day of the Royal Wedding. I dare say the Daily Mail wouldn't dare have blame Kate and Wills. In the county of Norfolk all of the kids got the day off regardless of the strikes so it made little difference here.

The way I see it is that it's unreasonable to simply change someone's pension after you've signed a contract with someone. If they wanted to increase pension contributions charge the next generation of teachers. Not those already planning their retirement. Anyway, the cost of public sector pensions will drop significantly over the next 20 years and the report shows that. It is irrational of the government to use the line that they are too expensive.

The government want these strikes to take away the attention from their mistakes.

it's not the Daily Mail i subscribe to, i'm not even allowed to post on their comments due to a ban :giggle: my dad has a subscription to the paper version of the Times so i also get access to the website.

I stand corrected :)

She could have died on the day of the Royal Wedding. I dare say the Daily Mail wouldn't dare have blame Kate and Wills. In the county of Norfolk all of the kids got the day off regardless of the strikes so it made little difference here.

The way I see it is that it's unreasonable to simply change someone's pension after you've signed a contract with someone. If they wanted to increase pension contributions charge the next generation of teachers. Not those already planning their retirement. Anyway, the cost of public sector pensions will drop significantly over the next 20 years and the report shows that. It is irrational of the government to use the line that they are too expensive.

The government want these strikes to take away the attention from their mistakes.

Agreed, Contract is a contract (not that Cameron would know much about keeping to terms). I don't see them taking anything away from Bankers who deserve to be strung up yet end up getting yet more bonuses paid for by our Bail Out money (which it turns out some of these what I now consider criminal organisations didn't actually need, and has been used purely on bonuses by some of these corrupt ****). Take something away from them and their culture of corruption, rather than Teachers who have (mostly) done NOTHING wrong and are working their arses off making an honest living. Also not seeing many MPs taking any cuts themselves... and if they did they'd probably make more bogus expenses claims.

Viv is obviously beyond reasoning with on this one, and I sense a boatload of jealousy there.

At my school, some teachers were striking on Thursday, and I was told that all students affected were sent to the refectory, and were taught their lessons by the senior management (Heads/ Deputy Heads), as teachers had already prepared cover lessons. (As far as I know, from emails sent to the teachers I was in Greece with, they still learned exactly what they would have done anyway)

Why was their school closed?

etheridge_tom.png

This is great getting on the forum from my bed. anyhow, closing a school is just naked madness. but i wouldnt expect sensible or rational from schools. you will learn more once you leave the clutches of teachers, etheridge. anyhow, do agree with jono that cameron should have hit the next generation of "teachers" rather than those who have signed contracts. that said, they have had it cushy for so long i am glad. we ALL work our arses off doovde, trying to get by. Why are they on a pedastal. go cameron ... Knocking them off it !! and they are still gonna come out with more, despite having to pay more. the vast majority of public sector workers have had very little change to their contributions over the years, compared with private sector workers. People ARE living longer. we can no longer fund people who can look after themselves. so, look after yourselves. The rest of us aint gonna pick up the pieces any longer. its good to have cameron take on the teachers, most of whom are only ever challenged by someone whose maximum age is about ten.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Your salaries are higher, your pensions are greater. So earn it, even if you have to work until midnight. i have been in higher education too, to HND level in ayr. From this, had i chosen to, i could have gone onto to a degree in business studies, by transferring to paisley uni., had i chosen to do so. so you think higher education gives you a 'right' to anything in your chosen career? it doesn't. the only people i support in the public sector are police and fire brigade. the rest, i feel, are just decoration.

Your salaries are higher, your pensions are greater. So earn it, even if you have to work until midnight. i have been in higher education too, to HND level in ayr. From this, had i chosen to, i could have gone onto to a degree in business studies, by transferring to paisley uni., had i chosen to do so. so you think higher education gives you a 'right' to anything in your chosen career? it doesn't. the only people i support in the public sector are police and fire brigade. the rest, i feel, are just decoration.

Yes, we should all take a leaf out the private sector's books.

I mean after all, the bankers did so much for our country didn't they? You never see them with high pay or high pensions at a time of austerity...

Ok. Is the bankers fault. . I agree. however, the public sector still is too cushy and needs a boot. Cameron will make it happen. look what i have found now !! an article fm the daily mail in which teachers name boys most likely to be disruptive. These are...... Callum, connor, jack, daniel, brandon, charlie, kyle, liam , jake, brooklyn. find it curious jack and daniel are together, but teachers i have known do drink a lot.

What you fail to realise is that many teachers take work home with them and can be working until 10 o'clock at night and often work weekends.

Tried to tell her this, hasn't sunk in at all. I thought we had teachers on here and I'm glad one has piped up.

As far as kids giving teachers absolute hell, I know I was one of those kids to some extent at various points during school (and still came out the other end with decent grades, but labelled an underachiever due to a lack of revision) and there were far worse than me including one who assaulted a teacher, is that REALLY something these teachers should be 'expected to endure' because of what they get paid? because I think NO-ONE should ever have to go through that as part of a job.

Viv, if I'm honest your posts about the Public Sector reek of some sort of bitterness, maybe because you're not IN one of these what you label 'cushy' jobs perhaps?

I never condoned any teacher getting a slap (although i cd see why it could be tempting). I find it fascinating how a former hooligan is now actively praising teachers. i am still not sorry for the long hours . . You probably earn twice as much as me, so hard lard. no, doovde, i wdnt want to teach. Im not that much of a fan of kids. Too much noise. i usually get into rows with parents at the library about excessive noise, so no thanx to a classroom full of mini bastards.

I never condoned any teacher getting a slap

and yet

if a teacher cant handle crazy kids, cant be assertive with parents, then they shouldnt be in the job.

and as for the 'hooligan' comment, hardly, normal teen rebellion (and still elements of that now, but turned toward those who actually deserve it).

Would you really want a country/world with NO teachers? Let's see how that would work out... I suppose you'd be moaning that kids are dying every day because all the schools were closed. :rolleyes:

Right. This is my last post cos i have to sort stuff for my now LOWER PAID JOB tomorrow. i said teachers shd be able to be assertive with kids and parents, i never said they shd be beaten up. it wd be unrealistic for the world to be without teachers. Parents need somewhere to place the mini bastards while they are working, etc. that said, a lot of people do favour home schooling. . . U know, i swear the following... Its actually the fault of the teaching profession that i still cant count properly today. . . All through primary and secondary school i was screamed at about decimal points and triangles and hit with rulers. to this day i dont like to count... And whose fault is it........ Teachers !!!

Wow, the papers are really becoming reprihensible, now it's the News Of The World getting rumbled for criminal acts... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14032287 and as usual, here comes the papers defending themselves through 'not knowing it was happening'...

I sincerely hope the new generation of journalists that is coming through does NOT learn tactics like this for newsgrabbing from the current lot. Glad I don't ever pay for a newspaper anymore after crap like this KEEPS happening, very poor journalism though I expect nothing less from the current tabloid crop.

Yes, we should all take a leaf out the private sector's books.

I mean after all, the bankers did so much for our country didn't they? You never see them with high pay or high pensions at a time of austerity...

yes it was the bankers fault, i for one am not denying it, what i was against & still am is the bailing out of the banks by the tax payer, thats where the debt has come from, i do concede that i still think that the public sector needs to be cut back & brought more into line with the private sector.

it lists here how the bail out cost £850b by now it's closer to one trillion pounds > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

How to spend £850bn bailing out the banks... and £107.1m on financial advice

£76bn To purchase shares in RBS and Lloyds Banking Group

£200bn Indemnify Bank of England against losses incurred in providing over £200bn of liquidity support

£250bn Guarantee wholesale borrowing by banks to strengthen liquidity in the banking system

£40bn Provide loans and other funding to Bradford & Bingley and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

£280bn Agree in principle to provide insurance for selection of bank assets

£671bn Total Government spending in the financial year 2009-2010

£32.9m Slaughter & May - Commercial legal advice

£15.4m Credit Suisse - Financial advice on a range of measures, including Bank Recapitalisation and the Asset Protection Scheme

£11.3m PricewaterhouseCoopers - Advice on APS

£8.7m Ernst & Young - Due diligence on APS, Northern Rock

£7.7m KPMG - Due diligence on APS

£7.4m Blackrock - Valuation advice on APS

£5.3m Deutsche Bank - Financial advice on a range of measures

£5m Citi Financial - Advice on Aps

£4.9m BDO Stoy Hayward - Valuation of Northern Rock

£4.5m Goldman Sachs - Financial advice on Northern Rock

£1.5m Morgan Stanley - Financial advice on Bradford & Bingley

£2.5m Other advisers - Financial advice on a range of measures and proposals to revive Britain's ailing economy.

as much as i despise the legal system in the USA the bankers responsible would have been jailed, the guy who was involved in the ENRON scandal (CFO, Andrew Fastow) got six years at ADX Florence aka United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility !

:)

God. These stats are making me dizzy, Alan.

There is thing called NEEDING MORE CASH to continue higher education, Kizmok. Higher education/uni. is bloody expensive (despite me having SAVED UP from previous HARD WORK), I felt I had done enough for what I WANTED to do, and at the time, I had a lot more hours at work. Until the banking crisis..... It's unfortunate I don't have a crystal ball, or else I may have foreseen this crisis and, indeed, gone on to Uni.

Sometimes it can be handy if you know what's actually on someone's C.V. and their employment history before commenting.

I'm defo not afraid of hard work. Quite the opposite in fact, if you care to ask any previous employer of mine. And I DID a lot of hard work for my HND, which isn't just about showing up in classes. You're moving towards a degree (if you choose), so you need to do a lot of your own research, course work in the evening and at weekends. That was hard work alright. So, when I left Ayr, and moved into loads of hours, yeh, I got it through my hard work.

By the way, I actually suffer from dyscalculia (think that's the spelling - don't really care). Form of dyslexia which causes you to read figures the wrong way round, blah, blah, so you have to read everything x2 (or worse). Very annoying. Even counting a bus fare can be quite difficult. If my teachers had been less "ignorant", then they would have been offering more help / assistance, rather than me having to be taught decimals (and just about everything else) by my best mate 2 years younger than me. But that's certain busy, pressured teachers for ya!! Can't be arsed offering additional classes and time out, so pass it on to someone's bf to solve the issues at hand. :-/