Unofficial Mills

The Football Season 2011/2012

DarkAngelMJH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

arsenal are finished i think. wenger has lost his mind, as in "i'll buy strikers instead of some midfield replacements after losing nasri and fibreglass". liverpool are playing well enough to finish 4th again, and i think they will be more consistant this year, especially when gerrard comes back.

on the grid.

just thought i'd quickly post this.

this was 10 years ago today, the last time i saw england play world class. i was going to a wedding that night and i remember the fifth goal being scored listening to 5live on the way there. since then the side has shown how crap they can be more than how good they can be.

on the grid.

• 5 months later...

i don't think england are even close or good enough to win a major tournament. but now capello has gone, maybe all this defensive frame of mind football and bullshit that came with him can be put to bed now. plus the media need to stop thinking that rooney is the only player england has.

i'd like to see a lot of young players at the tournament, oxlade-chamberlin for one. 18 years old, fearless, pace, can cross, can score... could turn out to do what owen did in 98.

on the grid.

mick mccarthy has gone. he took wolves as far as he could and did a good job to keep the side in the premiership for three years, but i think it was his time. i just hope wolves show some ambition and try and get someone like steve bruce or alan curbishley, probably end up with ian dowie. #lackofambition

on the grid.

there's word redknapp might take paul scholes to the euros if he's in the job by then. now i think scholes is a legend, but he's 37. if we want to do what germany did at the last world cup then we need to get the likes of wilshire tournament experience.

on the grid.

mick mccarthy has gone. he took wolves as far as he could and did a good job to keep the side in the premiership for three years, but i think it was his time. i just hope wolves show some ambition and try and get someone like steve bruce or alan curbishley, probably end up with ian dowie. #lackofambition

I thought he did alright, he got wolves up into the premier league, and helped them stay for an extra season when no one thouhg they would.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

I thought he did alright, he got wolves up into the premier league, and helped them stay for an extra season when no one thouhg they would.

he did. but everyone is dissapointed with the lack of ambition when it came to bringing in players. could of done with someone like robbie keane, his wages would of been worth it to stop up but wolves won't pay that much. but it's not all down to mccarthy, the majority of wolves fans feel sorry for him and have respect for what he's done. the board and players have to share the blame.

on the grid.

Would make me laugh if they end up with someone like Rafa. Mick did a good job but he needed new blood and failed to get any.

Now Standard Chartered are getting involved with the Luis Suarez thing, bet Liverpool's owners are not happy in the slightest. If he isn't careful he'll be got rid of.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

frimpong seems like a good choice though... hopefully going to the wolves man u match in a couple of weeks...

there was a bit of bad luck ith frimpong being injured and bassong as well. but he's had three years to develop the team, most of the squad are championship class players.

Would make me laugh if they end up with someone like Rafa. Mick did a good job but he needed new blood and failed to get any.

no ambition was the problem, i don't think it was all down to mick. but he should of stood his ground against the board if they were saying you can't have this player or that because of money issues. wolves turn over around 60 million a year and it's being wasted on a new stand.

someone like benitez wouldn't come to the wolves, i'd be happy with steve bruce or curbishley (being as he saved west ham that year so he has experience). but the board have messed up. if mccarthy had to go, then why not do it in january so whoever comes in can buy the players they feel they would need to help wolves stop in the premier league.

on the grid.

they took out peel house in wolvers as well so that the owner of wwfc could build a hotel... bit stupid if you ask me. but also, surely it's better to spend the money on players rather than making the place look better? also, it's not going ot be finished now they won't get as much money.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

they took out peel house in wolvers as well so that the owner of wwfc could build a hotel... bit stupid if you ask me. but also, surely it's better to spend the money on players rather than making the place look better? also, it's not going ot be finished now they won't get as much money.

steve morgan owns a building company, so the only thing he see's is developing the ground. get the football right first.

on the grid.

So Rangers in administration and Portsmouth might be going that way again too. Not a good time for football really. Hope that teams take note of whats happening and stop spending stupidly.

i know what's been going on at the wolves isn't exactly ideal. but the news today puts it into perspective, this is why i'm glad that wolves are one of the only few clubs not in millions of debt. i feel sorry for rangers, and especially portsmouth fans becuase they've had this for years now. just when they think they are out of it, it starts all over again.

on the grid.