Unofficial Mills

I've started listening to Radio 4... well Extra anyway!

E*F*4L

this is radio 4, tally ho old sport!

Seeing as you are a UK citizen, and R4 are seriously on the ball with what is happening, and what NEEDS to change in this country, R4 is the place to be.

I listen to Any Questions 8 pm Fridays, and it is GENIUS. Last night's programme was a lot about the NHS, and it was fan-bloody-tastic, despite some twat in the audience shouting out like a loon.

Like the Epic Plum, R4 makes me feel clever too. In fact, it's the only time in the week I do feel clever. I've learned a new bunch of words thanks to R4 as well - my latest is "elasticity" - which I am now using on a daily basis, wherever I can fit it in.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Seeing as you are a UK citizen, and R4 are seriously on the ball with what is happening, and what NEEDS to change in this country, R4 is the place to be.

I listen to Any Questions 8 pm Fridays, and it is GENIUS. Last night's programme was a lot about the NHS, and it was fan-bloody-tastic, despite some twat in the audience shouting out like a loon.

The producer usually encourages that!

I know.. But DC is automatically against stations such as R4 because he thinks they are too posh. Even though they are uppity, they speak good sense, and it's great way of finding out far more than you can via Newsbeat about current affairs in this (crap) country.

The producer usually encourages loons to shout out?? - Jonanthan Dimbelbey seemed anxious to move on past this idiot in the audience last night.

The NHS stuff was fab last night. As the guest speaker pointed it, this country's NHS is a disgrace - with more emphasis on ticking boxes / filling up diaries, than actually caring for people. She spoke good sense, and some nut just shouts out abuse.

Next week's Any questions show (8 pm) (Friday) will be about work + pensions - considering the very large numbers of unemployed people, including ridiculous amounts of people unemployed for OVER a year, this could truly be a great Show (I think).

Oh shut up.

What this person said had to be explained by Jonanthan Dimbelbey last night... at home I could hardly hear it, but the nutter managed to attract attention, and we had to have it all explained. The NHS is a disgrace (see the recent Panorama programme?), and someone in the audience thinks all is well, and people are all well cared for? ! - should have been thrown out.

I hate to even contemplate what will happen to me when I get to nursing home stage with the standard of ill-trained /incompetent staff.

As the guest lady was saying last night, it takes something really dramatic (like Panorama) to make us all wake up, because we're hearing so many stories, we've become immune to stuff. And it's the most vulnerable people (disabled, old, can't cope) who are paying for this Government's incompetence.

(and breathe)...... anyhow, the Work and pensions secretary will be on R4 next Friday, and it could be wild, I reckon !! Bound to be loads of graduates /about to graduate there who want to know what their future will bring.

erm Viv, you say that DC is against R4, well what about me, look at all the things i have said about it in the past !

i did hear a good show about the nuclear problems in Japan a few months ago that was very good, i have listened to a number of the programs (Just a Minute) on the iplayer & i find them very funny, i quite like improv stuff, also some of the old ones on youtube are very very funny :giggle:

:)

Me, my mum and dad have an arguement pretty much every morning about which station to put on

Me: Radio 1

My Mum: R2

My Dad: R4

So I end up listening to a bit of R4. That thought for the day can be boring, but they occasionally have some funny comedy stuff on. Also Just a Minute is amezzin :D

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

I think they've launched Radio 4 Extra because they just want more space for more programmes. I like 'You and Yours', which is a call-in discussion programme on at 12pm weekdays. It's quite interesting.

Yeah but they didn't really 'launch' anything, just renamed and rebranded 7 which had much of the same kinda thing.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Is Gary free yet?

no not yet,

the Pentagon, NASA, & DOD etc shouldn't have used passwords like "password" & "admin" they weren't hacked, because they left the door wide open.

There's a really weird program, I think it's on R4. Its like a spoof helpline show, but is really strange...

Sarah Millican's Support Group ?

:)