Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's Hackney Weekend 2012

Tom.

God Viv you do talk crap. This is the Big Weekend, but this (next) year it's happening on a larger scale, in London as part of the Olympic celebrations. Why does everything have to have a tabloid spin with you, you're not a journalist, you post on an internet forum.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I guess this sets back East Anglia from the Big Weekend by about 2-3 years. It was long overdue to come somewhere East. Now it's gone South East, so naturally the following year it'll go somewhere further afield. Why are we constantly missed out? At least London is only a £40 train journey compared to the usual £90-£100!

I suspect there will be obvious differences to the Big Weekend as more is revealed about the event. It appears wise to run the event in June away from the revision season for a start.

Yes. You'll likely get tix - as usual, most of the tickets will go to the area and surrounding areas.

Has that actually been said? The way they were speaking on the show this morning seemed to suggest that everyone would have an equal chance of getting tickets.

Sure I read it, hammer, when I clicked on the link, or did I read it on twitter??? - sorry, not quite on Planet Earth this morning....

"The massive event will replace Radio 1's annual Big Weekend festival in 2012 and, as with the Big Weekend, the majority of tickets will go to people living in Hackney and the surrounding boroughs."

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I'm not sure I agree with the majority of tickets going purely to the people of Hackney. There should be a positive weight-age for the area, but I don't agree it should be as significant as the percentage foe Big Weekend. After all 100,000 is a lot of tickets in comparison to the 40,000 in previous years.

God Viv you do talk crap. This is the Big Weekend, but this (next) year it's happening on a larger scale, in London as part of the Olympic celebrations. Why does everything have to have a tabloid spin with you, you're not a journalist, you post on an internet forum.

Why does everything with you have to be a massive overreaction to some imagined crime where you act like someone's made you read something at gunpoint?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Yes. You'll likely get tix - as usual, most of the tickets will go to the area and surrounding areas.

Gosh I hope so Viv! I do live quite far from Hackney so if all London boroughs get equal weighting in the ticket allocations then I'll have a chance, if it's the area immediately around Hackney then it's bad news for me. The new London Overground system which opened last year gets me from where I live in South London to Hackney in about 50 minutes, before that was about the journey would have been closer to three hours. So yeah, I don't live near Hackney :(

This sounds brilliant! Would be amazing to get tickets and I think we'd have one up on the Olympic lot. Olympics might be a "once in a life time opportunity" and this pretty much would be as well except it wouldn't break your bank account and you'd actually enjoy it. NEED TICKETS!

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Oh great, now we're gonna be plagued with 1Xtra shit as well now. I definitly won't be applying for tickets for this 1, it'll all be Drivell Nelson and his colleagues from upstairs being far too exicted about every and any random singer who will more than likely be female as well.

Not impressed with censorship

There is *A* 1xtra stage, the arena, so will have VERY limited influence...

Secondly, not everything is london... Football is all over the place, as is Sailing, and other events... Training is over the country as well... such as in Kent we have about 25 countries' athletics teams, some swimming teams opposite my school, and some equestrians.

etheridge_tom.png

There is *A* 1xtra stage, the arena, so will have VERY limited influence...

Secondly, not everything is london... Football is all over the place, as is Sailing, and other events... Training is over the country as well... such as in Kent we have about 25 countries' athletics teams, some swimming teams opposite my school, and some equestrians.

The football's in Coventry I think. :)

And the American Olympic team are staying in Birmingham.

There goes my chance of getting tickets then. Hopefully in 2013 it'll be nearer where I live. :(

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

Oh great, now we're gonna be plagued with 1Xtra shit as well now. I definitly won't be applying for tickets for this 1, it'll all be Drivell Nelson and his colleagues from upstairs being far too exicted about every and any random singer who will more than likely be female as well.

Not a 1Xtra fan then? :S