Unofficial Mills

To Tweet Or Not To Tweet (Celebrity Overload) ??

Viv

At the weekend, I was reading an interesting debate in 'Now' magazine about celebrities revealing absolutely anything and everything on Twitter.

One side says Celebrities should maintain an air of mystery - do we really need to know when someone goes to bed at night, what they had for breakfast, where they are on holiday, blah, blah....

The other side (in particular Danielle Lloyd) says Twitter proved invaluable when she was going through a very difficult time recently.

Coleen Rooney has apparently just joined, and has already fallen victim to cyber bullying!!

So, what do you think? Is it celebrity tweet overload? Should celebs tell us information that is perhaps a bit more job-related? Etc., etc. - instead of just anything and everything??

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

At the end of the day they are just normal people and do normal things like washing, ironing and boring stuff. Well most of them who don't pay people to do their housework.

I don't mind what they tweet, gives us an insight into their lives. It's just the dicks that have to attack people, has anyone ever read what people tweet to Rio during a Utd match? Some right tossers out there, mainly Liverpool, Chelsea & City supporters. I like following Rio, he's quite funny at times.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

It's just the dicks that have to attack people, has anyone ever read what people tweet to Rio during a Utd match? Some right tossers out there, mainly Liverpool, Chelsea & City supporters. I like following Rio, he's quite funny at times.

yeah i drop by his twitter and michael owen's sometimes. the pair of them get a lot of stick, darren gibson left twitter after being abused by some retards. thing is, like or dislike them or their clubs. the smartarses fail to realise they don't have an ounce of talent compared to the people they abuse.

on the grid.

I want to know every single detail about Scott's life.

surprisingly i quite enjoyed the break from his tweets, many of which are v. empty-headed.

I'm in a position at the mo' where my phone is going bonkers, and all the tweets are being fed through to me backwards, causing vast amounts of confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to know every single detail about Scott's life.

That's a suprise. ;)

But celebs have their own mind, and it's up to them what they post and don't post on twitter. And I think it's nice to know a bit about what goes on in Radio 1 and other places. :D

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

theres word that fergie is on about banning his man united players from twitter. wayne rooney has offered out some liverpool fan for a fight after he was slagging him off on there. and michael owen seems to be having some a long standing argument with that no talent media slag piers morgan, who's probably never even kicked a football im his life.

on the grid.

theres word that fergie is on about banning his man united players from twitter. wayne rooney has offered out some liverpool fan for a fight after he was slagging him off on there. .

See, certain people such as Wayne Rooney should definitely be banned from Twitter.

Twitter is top story on newsbeat today... I'm wondering about this superinjunction thing.... I mean, I thought it applied to the press, newspapers, blah, blah.... can Twitter really be sued for people revealing the name. Perhaps in future lawyers should make it clear that the injuction applied to Twitter, so it's pretty much Ryan Giggs' lawyer's fault, is it not. (just a thought).

I also didn't know Twitter is Californian until today.

I'm wondering about this superinjunction thing.... I mean, I thought it applied to the press, newspapers, blah, blah.... can Twitter really be sued for people revealing the name.

I don't think twitter can be sued for people announcing things on there which the media is supposed to be censored over. HOWEVER, I do think its 100% right that the individual posting that sort of information should be sued by the people concerned.

On a side note regarding injunctions and superinjunctions, I totally agree with them being saught in order to prevent details of someones private life being discussed. I thoroughly detest the culture of celebrity, and lets face it a lot of the time non celebrity, lifestyle. The media to be very selfish, ruthless and thoughtless gossip mongers. Those who insist on buying these rags are frankly little better.

I take the recent story about Imogen Thomas and the mystery married footballer. Firstly I do not care about a former Big Brother contestant or who they choose to be involved with, nor do I care about what any sportsman gets up to. Had the papers been allowed to get their dirty little hands on this then they would have had a field day, running the story as front page news with little or no regard to how those affected would feel, not just Imogen and the footballer, but also his wife and any children he may or may not have.

If I was to ask you where you were going on holiday, where you buy your clothes, or who the last person you slept with was, you would be well within your rights to tell me to f*ck off and mind my own business. Why on earth should it be any different for someone just because they are well known? the phrase "private life" crucially contains the word private, meaning it is not for the disclosure or knowledge of others.

Not impressed with censorship

I don't like the culture of celebrity either.... but, as was discussed on Radio 4 last night, these people are in THE PUBLIC EYE, and as such, are open to anything and everything being printed about them.

I think Imogen has been a very naive lady, but then the so-called "celeb" is cheating, and I have no sympathy for the fact he is now exposed to the World. Imogen's image is now forever tarnished, but she wasn't in this thing alone, so let's hear the other side.

These superinjunctions can only be afforded by the very rich... and actually why should they (as rich) be able to buy their way out of situations willy nilly, just simply because they know they can.

I can't help thinking all this stuff would have come to light anyway, whether via Twitter or another means.

If I was to ask you where you were going on holiday, where you buy your clothes, or who the last person you slept with was, you would be well within your rights to tell me to f*ck off and mind my own business. Why on earth should it be any different for someone just because they are well known? the phrase "private life" crucially contains the word private, meaning it is not for the disclosure or knowledge of others.

Yep, but for a Celeb it isn't so private. I can tell you to f*** off, but if you're in the PUBLIC eye, we'll just find out anyway !!

My point is that just because someone is in the public eye doesn't mean that the world has any more right to know about their personal lives than they do about you or I.

Yes there is more interest because they are high profile, but that is down to nothing more than selfish noseyness on the part of readers and gossips. Just because there is demand for something, doesn't necessarily mean that those demanding it are deserving or entitled to whatever it is.

Not impressed with censorship