Unofficial Mills

Your Views: 28th March 2011 to 1st April 2011

Viv

This week began with the Birthday Show and a variety of surprise messages for Mills, including one from Britney which he very genuinely seemed to love. Scott shares his birthday today with Lady Gaga!!

A lot of effort / organisation clearly went into the birthday show, but I still found it a little 'flat'.. Didn't enjoy the guest, Matthew, off of 'Glee' (tedious), AND he used the 'S' WORD. OMG. OMG.

My highlight this morning was former Big Weekend stuff, and actual Madonna being played out, in all her glory and supreme brilliance - 10/10 for that.

Didn't like the boring 'Census' talk, which Scott seems bizarrely stressed out about?!? So much so, he is even bringing the form into Radio 1 tomorrow.......... why doesn't he just sit down, give himself a target time of completion, and bang it into the post, without involving a whole load of listeners and colleagues, and half of Planet Earth.

Overall, so far this week 4.5/ 10. - mondays definitely don't work that well, do they ...

www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/scottmills/

Don't forget to post your hot views this week as the Big Weekend gets announced !! woo (even though everybody knows where it is already).

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

hmm frequently when covering Breakfast TOTDS or Becky has time off - you think on Breakfast (the prime time slot) you'd want to be at your strongest or is this a resignation that they won't get breakfast anyway so why bother? PS having met Becky with Matt Fincham she's lovely :)

No, I think he just stresses about everything. I gave myself 1 hour to complete the form - no longer - and just got it done!!

The only bit I failed to 'get' was the fact the Government would be reading, and I have made a short note about "government pointlessness" next to one of the boxes.

The Big Weekend stuff was making my head fizz this morning. Must have been good to have been presenting to a big bunch of school kids, but from a listener point of view, very irritating.

And, as Jono says, the very worst kept secret on Planet Earth. It's been all over twitter for days and days. Get ready for weeks of BW stuff, even when it's finished. #r1bw - well pleased about Lady Gaga though * screams *

0/10 for this morning.

hmm frequently when covering Breakfast TOTDS or Becky has time off - you think on Breakfast (the prime time slot) you'd want to be at your strongest or is this a resignation that they won't get breakfast anyway so why bother? PS having met Becky with Matt Fincham she's lovely :)

Think Scott said before that TOTDS isn't good with mornings

It's VERY interesting how many characters there are on Scott's show now. The addition of Chris and Dan is making the show sound more like a proper breakfast show and not something we've witnessed before. There's also TOTDS, Beccy and Posh Radio 4 Lady. Simon and Tulip are also quite active on breakfast too.

I find it very telling about what direction they're trying to take things in. No complaints mind you.

Catching up on the podcasts at the moment.

Still not enjoying this particular week that much - 4/10 :-/ Did enjoy Gaga being played out this morning!!

I think the thought of the BW from now until May may mean I have to have a temporary break with local radio.

Don't do it! I tried local radio for drivetime didn't end well, couldn't stand the adverts for more than couple of minutes did classic fm and radio 4, but most evenings just read book or podcasts instead!

Don't do it! I tried local radio for drivetime didn't end well, couldn't stand the adverts for more than couple of minutes did classic fm and radio 4, but most evenings just read book or podcasts instead!

there's not as much as I thought there would be about it, so think we should be OK!! :hahaha: - anyhow, I have applied for tix now, so have to keep listening.

there's not as much as I thought there would be about it, so think we should be OK!! :hahaha: - anyhow, I have applied for tix now, so have to keep listening.

Don't have to keep listening though if does get too much as you check your number "We will email you to say if you have been lucky or not between Tuesday 12th April and Thursday 14th April - please check your spam or junk mail folders if you do not hear from us by this time. From midday on Thursday 14th April you will also be able to check online if you have kept your personal registration number."

Not getting too much yet, although I am finding the ability to get "Carlisle" on the air more than tedious. "Lambing Live" comes from Cumbria, so we have to hear about that - a feature suitable far more for local radio I would say.

and the Cotton drew something that looked like the Carlisle football team symbol, so we "conveniently" had to hear about that.