Unofficial Mills

Your Views: The Moyles Marathon

John

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're certainly not how I pictures Jaymo and Andy George anyway.

Edit. Dave's voice seems to have come back at 9:30, good sign that he isnt starting to weary as much as I thought he was when it first started to go earlier on. Exactly how Chris is still seemingly his usual self is completely beyond me, and so far they're still relatively alert and not struggling to remember things.

Not impressed with censorship

Hi everyone, been watching the show whenever I can, but haven't got to UM yet to post about it! Been on CM.net instead...:)

they trained dave to do the desk, and I dont think he's done it at all has he?

I'd imagine Dave sometimes does the desk on his 5Live show, not sure though.

I found it really weird hearing the Jingles saying hour 2 etc. then hearing them at hour 43! It seemed to go so quickly, I miss watching the show online also! Should become a permanent thing! (Just an example, I listened more than that!)

Who Is She?! Who Is She?! Where Did You Find Her?!

He was standing at the desk when Chris and Fearne went off to do their little date thing as well if I remember rightly, no idea if he was pushing any of the buttons or if he was just talking into the presenters mike though.

Can someone clarify what driving the desk actually means? The reason I ask is I thought part of the rules was that Chris had to drive it yet when he went into the truck with Greg yesterday, they said a song was to play and I don't think I saw Dave hitting the buttons, looked like it was a producer or other member of behind the scenes staff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8390421/Chris-Moyless-Red-Nose-Day-radio-world-record-review.html

I think this will be of anyone who listened to the marathon show. Fortunately almost all the comments I can see on the Telegraph website are laying into the guy who wrote this.

I'm a big fan of Chris, Dave and the rest of the breakfast show team, and it really really winds me up seeing the heavily biased media laying into him, or them, at every available opportunity. I've never had the pleasure of meeting any of them, but I really don't think he's anything like they say he is. On the whole I don't have a great deal of time for charity, infact I'm struggling to recall ever actually wanting to donate money to things like Comic Relief. Surely if the pair of them can get even me to want to give something, then they've done a fantastic thing?

I only saw the Comic Relief show untill about 8:30 last night but the money raised by Chris and Dave was far bigger than any other amount raised by a group or fund raising activity untill that point. Can't journalists for a change just say "Well done Chris and Dave, you've done a really good thing here"? Even The Sun had to make their measly paragraph more about Fearn in a swimsuit because they couldnt bring themselves to give the guys a pat on the back.

I feel pretty sorry for Dave in all this. He was there the entire time as well and is Chris's sidekick and friend but there hasnt been much mention of him in the coverage of the show from what I saw. Just watched the little bit about it on the Comic Relief show on the iPlayer, and if Jonathon Ross hadn't mentioned Comedy Dave in the well dones you wouldnt have known he had had any real contribution to it all.

I just went to view the Greg stuff, and you have to CONFIRM you are old enough to watch!! what a hoot!!

<object width="512" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="config_settings_showUpdatedInFooter=true&config_settings_bitrateFloor=400&config_settings_showPopoutCta=false&config_settings_showPopoutButton=false&config_plugin_autoResumePlugin_recentlyPlayed=false&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_skin=black&config=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Femp%2Fiplayer%2Fconfig%2Exml&playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00fqnvk&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></param><embed src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="512" height="400" FlashVars="config_settings_showUpdatedInFooter=true&config_settings_bitrateFloor=400&config_settings_showPopoutCta=false&config_settings_showPopoutButton=false&config_plugin_autoResumePlugin_recentlyPlayed=false&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_skin=black&config=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Femp%2Fiplayer%2Fconfig%2Exml&playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00fqnvk&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></embed></object>

No wonder it's not bloody working!! :P:shock:

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I wake up at 6.30 to the first half hour of Chris's show and its always entertaining. To hear it three days on the trot knowing him and Dave hadnt left the studio was very strange. I even listend/watched in teh evening when the specilists Djs did not do my type of music, I have a lot of respect for MistaJam know. There is a very long thread on the digitalspy forum abou this, and a lot of love for Chris & Dave on it!

Very big well done to Chris, Dave, Aled, Sam & Matt (for the planning) and all the other DJs, producers, support staff and guests. That is a tremendous amount of money to raise in such a short time.

Love watching as well as listening to them, took me a while to get the red button coverge, they didn't once explain where to go to get it which i thought was bad and text/tweeted them but still din't do anything about it. I went on to bbc news and radio1 on red button, but no link there to correct one. Enjoyed the coverage although wished they had done other stuff instead of just their normal stuff, yes there was some other stuff but was hoping for more. Also they should have left microphones on for tv coverage and would have been nice to introduce everyone who was wondering around the studio. Would have been nice to put names to faces, DJ's didn't need introducing really as can tell them from pics.

I don't know how easy it was to locate via the red button because I just went straight to the red button channel (301 on Freeview for future referance), but I know what you mean about the people in the studio. On the whole I managed to work out who most were either from photos, recognising voices or just a process of elimination but there were a few faces who appeared which it would have been nice to know who they were. I guess we can forgive them for that, as a lot of these people will normally be around the studios or offices normally and they don't really think anything of it when they are around, they're just not mentioned if they're not actually doing anything on the mic.

Love watching as well as listening to them, took me a while to get the red button coverge, they didn't once explain where to go to get it which i thought was bad and text/tweeted them but still din't do anything about it. I went on to bbc news and radio1 on red button, but no link there to correct one. Enjoyed the coverage although wished they had done other stuff instead of just their normal stuff, yes there was some other stuff but was hoping for more. Also they should have left microphones on for tv coverage and would have been nice to introduce everyone who was wondering around the studio. Would have been nice to put names to faces, DJ's didn't need introducing really as can tell them from pics.

Red button on sky was easy. I just pressed red button on a bbc channel and it has The Chris Moyles Show listed

james_ryder.png