Unofficial Mills

James King leaves Radio 1

abertom

Big loss - I liked James King, and as someone who works in cinema & film industry found his reviews really honest and engaging! he has left big shoes to fill..... Wonder who is out there?

Iv been hoping that they would get rid of that pair on film 2011 as they are awful and put someone like James King in who knows what the audience want to hear!!

That's a shame. I quite liked those segments on Saturday mornings with Edith. I suppose it'll carry on just without him. Hopefully we'll be able to see him on TV or online or something as like with critics in general I quite like him. Actually the Film 2011 suggestion is a nice idea; maybe he's going there.

pity James & Edith didn't get the job on Film 2011, Claudia Winkleman isn't that bad when she isn't gushing over some crap film, but the critic (Danny Leigh) they have on there is useless, nearly every time Claudia thinks a film they are reviewing is fantastic Danny says it's rubbish & then when she says a film is crap he then returns to say it's great, they have no chemistry at all :(

shame to see James leaving, seems strange to go to do a show on ITV2 though, taking a step backwards going there from Radio-1.

:)

Sad news. As much as I'm not a film fan and despised hearing too much about films on afternoons, he was a valuable asset to Radio 1 and I'm surprised he hasn't been poached sooner. I thought he was going to be doing bigger things at Radio 1 after all those trails for his one-off film show but it seems it was just how he was going to bow out!

He'll be missed but I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Since Kermode left to do Culture Show and movie stuff for 5Live, gotta be at least 5 years? (really not sure on that, could be as much as 10)

Since about 2004

He presented the BBC Radio 1 show OneClick/Film from 2004 to 2006. In 2004, the BBC Radio 1 show James King's Movie News was nominated for a Sony Radio Academy Award in the Information Award category.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_King_%28film_critic%29

james_ryder.png