Unofficial Mills

Opinions On World's Worst Place To Be Gay !!

Viv

I don't really know what to say about it to be honest.

a) Scott was full of pure amezzin'ness, and looked awesome, behaved awesomely, and I love hearing him talking about more intimate stuff. I was really impressed with the way he acted and stuff.

B) Uganda horrifies me, and I was crying within the first five minutes, and still am now. It's shocking, and disgraceful. Pure disturbing.

They base their hatred on religion. 'Adam and Eve, not Steve.' Within religion, what the hell would they be like?

c) Are newspapers written in English? They have crap newspaper names, and are really informal: do you know any stuff about Stosh? What language do they speak?? Wikipedia time...

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the repeat of this tonight. full credit for the way scott went about this and how he handled a very harsh situation. i'm not gay myself, so i guess i can't relate to some of the struggles gay people do face. but what i do know is that everyone deserves a chance to be happy. there are some very serious issues in parts of this horrible world.

on the grid.

It was an amazing documentary being gay I'm happy I live in a great country like the uk it has it's problems but you can be yourself without the fear of mass violence directed upon you. That womans story made me cry she was raped for being a lesbian in the idea it would make her straight that really got to me

I found it quite interesting to watch and it was quite annoying as well just seeing how misguided some of these people are. Some of them believe being gay shortens your life! Ridiculous. Also I know that BBC Three shows some weird crap sometimes but I thought this was really good.

ps: Loving your Avatar, Ryan!! :hahaha:

Thanks! :)

It was a really interesting documentary. Scott done very well to keep his cool in that situation having a conversation with someone who hates who you are must have been very difficult. Its only when you watch things like this you realise how easy we have it in the UK. We can be who we are without fear, those storys last night were heartbreaking.

Im Proud of Scott!

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

It was really good, but for certain, it takes guts to go to a country where you're hated, and speak to people who want you in prison! And agreed, it makes it look so easy to live in the UK!

I myself aren't gay, but i'm sure Scott was really worried over there.

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

#PostsFromTheFuture

*takes off Mystic Smeg hat*

This time you are very, very wrong. I didn't like this at all. I found it lacking depth, jumping about scene to scene.. I thought there would be a lot more drama and emotion....

It felt, to me, like any kind of "Oh, I'm a celeb. - I suppose at some point I really should do something about promoting gayness, so I'll do this". Interesting to note from another interview that he doesn't wish to do stuff like this regularly. But then, I guess that would mean actually getting off a pedestal and dealing with the real World a bit more often?

the only bit that seemed genuine was the Stosh stuff. I've already been through all this on Twitter, and am not going back through it again.

2/10. No more please.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

It was an amazing documentary being gay I'm happy I live in a great country like the uk it has it's problems but you can be yourself without the fear of mass violence directed upon you. That womans story made me cry she was raped for being a lesbian in the idea it would make her straight that really got to me

No. In this country you get what is the top story on Newsbeat today..... On Newsbeat there is a story about sex offenders, including rapists, having their human rights violated (Oh, poor bloody things - did you suffer too much).

Beyond a certain time on the sex offenders register, there are calls for their names to be removed. Ain't that sweet !! Bless them.... *

*sarcasm.

This time you are very, very wrong. I didn't like this at all. I found it lacking depth, jumping about scene to scene.. I thought there would be a lot more drama and emotion....

It felt, to me, like any kind of "Oh, I'm a celeb. - I suppose at some point I really should do something about promoting gayness, so I'll do this". Interesting to note from another interview that he doesn't wish to do stuff like this regularly. But then, I guess that would mean actually getting off a pedastal and dealing with the real World.

the only bit that seemed genuine was the Stosh stuff. I've already been through all this on Twitter, and am not going back through it again.

2/10. No more please.

and none of this was portrayed in the clips? Guess now you'll not prejudge a show again though ;)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Well, hey that goes on in the UK!! :hahaha:

I think the worst 'western world' example is in the US, especially with places like the 'Dove World Outreach Centre'... yeah, they're REALLY outreaching, as long as you're White and Christian... :rolleyes:

but yeah, it happens in the UK too.

10 / 10 I think…

This topic is really close to my heart. I found out about it quite a few months ago, and the Ugandan people disgust me.

That comment is just as bigotted as the homophobic bigots you're moaning about.

Diversity is what this world thrives on, so why are we so set against it!

Can't argue with that.

8/10. I enjoyed it and thought it was refreshing to see Scott openly acknowledging the fact he is gay - the first time anywhere I've really seen this; but also reminding us how it's just not a big deal in this country for him (and others too in my experience) and that he's able to just get on with his life and not have any effect on his popularity or career choice. As it should be.

It's saddening that the Ugandan aversion to homosexuality appears to be propagated by so called religious leaders. As someone else said, where's the good thinking in that? How is that 'Christian'? Bleurgh.

I rewatched the documentary today, then I watched Glee, which broadcasted two openly gay guys and one closeted, showcased homophobia and included a gay kiss. Then I watched 90210, which has a currently storyline about Teddy coming to terms with his sexuality (TIAN FTW!), and just now I've watched Waterloo Road, which focused on JOSH AND NATE (AAAAAAAAAAAAGH) tonight. 'Twas awesome.

I guess their television is a bit different. . .

But I mean, my point is that, well, MEH AT UGANDANS AND PASTA AND POLITICIANS.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

8/10. I enjoyed it and thought it was refreshing to see Scott openly acknowledging the fact he is gay - .

He did that back in approx. 2001.

As someone else pointed out on Twitter, it's a pity what wound up trending was NOT how great the Uganda stuff was, but the fact that "Scott Mills Is Gay"

• 2 weeks later...

I swear many people who would not notice something like that walk around with blinkers on... anyway if anyone famous does great tweets that belong there, it's people like David Schneider off of Movies (like Mission: Impossible and 28 Days Later) and Comedy... Dude comes out with some utter genius :P