Unofficial Mills

Scott's friendship with Zane Lowe

The Chilean

Am I being paranoid or Zane Lowe is mean to Scott.

Love his show, but Scott is my hero, and sometimes I think that he's like laughing at him rather than with him.

But, I'm like this big paranoid guy and have been listening to the whole show since the 2 last weeks. Maybe they are good friends.

Pardon my english. In Chile we speak spanish.

I tend not to listen to him as I've not really got his taste in music, but Zane seems like a nice guy and I've only heard him on a handful of occassions be anything other than positive. I would highly doubt he would be mean to whoever he was doing the handover with, I guess its possible on these times you think he's been mean it could have been banter between 2 friends or coworkers who get on quite well and its just not come across as such.

Not impressed with censorship

I'm not so sure it IS all in your head, because I have often thought the same thing. I think Zane has such vast knowledge of music that he can come across as patronising to a number of DJs........ the worst episode I ever saw was when he was with Jo Whiley on TV (cannot remember which festival it was), and watching the 2 of them together was horrendous.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Yeh, but if it's not illness, it's TV work, it's stuff to do with family, it's Comic Relief (that one is allowed).....

From a listener point of view, switching on and finding people in different slots is agitating. Recent case = Edith Bowman at the weekend? What happened to her? I switched on the radio, and who do I find? Matt Edmonson.

Family stuff can often be dealt with by other family members.

Comic Relief and other R1 campaigns I actively support, as they are often targetted at helpless people, very poor people, and for a number of other very strong reasons. If Scott is involved in a Comic Relief thing, then I shall help.

The Campaigns are among the things R1 do best, and I do like their passion. Around the campaign times, passion and commitment appear to be sadly lacking at the moment, compared with around 2003/2004... the difference is pretty remarkable.

Comic Relief isn't an R1 campaign... and R1 campaigns always go into the realms of overkill VERY early on. Maybe that's why even the DJs 'lack passion and commitment', because even they don't wanna be literally ramming things down people's throats... (Well, with the possible exception of Vernon).

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I never said it was an r1 campaign... It is a WORTHWHILE CAUSE. The campaigns to get new music heard are also worthwhile causes, and I actively support the passion.

Re: DJs....the campaigns these days appear to be the only things that get them up of their arses. I remember when Spoony was here how much I used to love the weekend breakfasts, the interaction with listeners, blah, blah.... these days, half the time, no one seems to care, and the BBC Trust continue their theme of taking the listener age down... *

* Actually, there's where the problem lies.

and R1 campaigns always go into the realms of overkill VERY early on. .

I don't agree. The more a Campaign goes on, the more I become interested .... That's maybe just the fickleness of listeners. Look at DOI (just as an example)... my mobile phone was going crazy with tweets at the start of it.... last night, only @Cuddles_de_Bear and I seemed to be interacting.

It doesn't annoy you when practically every link they're having to read out a phone/Text number when they have far better material that has to be shifted/cancelled due to a 'contractual obligation'?

Got no problems with having a campaign, but they don't need to beat their listeners around the head with it every 5 seconds is all...

Reading out text numbers gets stuff into listeners' memories. People are pathetic.... Do you know a number of people SWORE at me on twitter last night via DM, using words beginning with the letter "F" because of my level of DOI tweets.

Sorry it was all too much for people!! (rolls eyes) - rather than swearing and using 'F' words, just block me, eh.

Was it worth getting abuse to push voting for Dave? I seriously doubt it. That said I've had similar just for playing one of those hashtag games so I can sorta sympathise there. Just blocked said people and it's done, saves them the 'pain' of reading etc...

And things can be put in people's memories without being boring and having it mentioned at the expense of all else. I don't think a Radio1 audience is that stupid that they need reminders every 5 seconds, though obviously they see their audience that way in Charidee Cam-Pain season...

Was it worth getting abuse? I seriously doubt it.

In the end, I wound up just blanking it all out, and this morning, just blocked a number of people.

No one is suggesting an R1 audience are stupid (except perhaps the BBC Trust), but people do quickly forget campaigns if they have not got them constantly in their face!!

Once again, I would bring DOI into this... only when @TeamVitty kept pushing it did the people re-tweet and vote, Comedy Dave starting to trend (it took a while), and he got through to the next round, so yeh, it's worth shoving things smack in people's faces.

Like I said before though, I still don't get why people need to get quite so upset about stuff, and type out F words, along with words like "Mental cow" "repetitive bitch" "mental git" "Why can't you face the ice pick", and such like. *

* # Nofunny No fair