Unofficial Mills

Sky Sports sack Andy Gray

DC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9373280.stm

although it was wrong what they said and the lineswoman did a good job, even the wolves fans say she got it right. i think they've gone a bit overboard with it, considering itv show loose women. a show that seems to exist to slag off men. even sian massey dosen't seem too upset over it, and accepted the apology.

i'm all for keeping richard keys to be honest, but i'm glad gray has gone. i'm sick of him on fifa, and i'm sick of his patronising ways on live football. instead of just leaving it to martin tyler, he has to comment and tell footballers who are twice as skilled as he ever was how to play the game. he won wolves' last major silverware in 1980 with a goal my nan could of scored and he's still hated by the wolves fans. replace him with alan smith on sky, and i'll enjoy football that bit more from now on.

on the grid.

i don't think andy burton (the reporter talking to gray pitchside at the molyneux on saturday) should be punished though. all he seemed to say was that she was a looker, and if saying a girl is attractive is sexist then the world may as well come to an end tommrow.

as for gray, as you said it's not all down to this. when fans of your former club get sick of you (in wolves' case) because of the bullshit and arrogance spurned out week in week out on tv, then you are pushing it. i enjoy games with alan smith on a lot more, and sam allardyce who was martin tylers co commentator yesterday did a top job. so there are plenty of options.

on the grid.

I think it's a bit stupid. It's not as if he said it on air or anything so why should it matter what comments are made off air. It wasn't exactly really offensive. I hear sexist jokes most days.

'I was having an argument with the missus the other day, She said "you never see things from my point of view" So I went and looked out the kitchen window'

what Andy Grey said was sexiest & is no different to making racist or homophobic comments, if he was at the pub with his mates then thats his own personal opinion (even though it's wrong) but he was in a working environment, so regardless if you think recording him when he wasn't on air is wrong, he was at his actual work & as for the video above, well what can you say ?

i have never liked him really with his arrogant views & it seems he wasn't well liked at Sky either from what people who have worked with him have said, the video above makes you wonder what else he did as he was in such a un-touchable position, even if Charlotte Jackson had said something nothing would have happened to Andy, if he hadn't of gone i would have complained to Sky, i'm still tempted to in regards to Richard Keys.

:)

problem is though, i'm gonna miss these...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QHFzg06cuw8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bvgWSBKdWqI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

down to a t!

on the grid.

Well seeing as Gray was trying to sue the News Of The World for phonetapping... and guess who owns that, that's right, same guy who owns Sky Sports. That'll be the main background reason in the Big Picture for sacking Gray, and Keys walked because he didn't wanna be on without Gray.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I hope Andy Gray appeals

You and me both. I don't watch Sky, and I don't like football but this whole thing has made out to be so much bigger than it actually is. Ok yes the video of him wanting the girl to tuck him in could be considered sexual harassment, but it all depends on what the relationship between them is like as to whether or not its serious and warrants any kind of punishment. My work would fire me instantly, along with some of the people I work with, if they knew about some of the things we say and do but the key element is that we all get on well, know everything that is said or done is only meant as a joke and thus none of us take any offense to it.

This all seems to have started with the recording of a private phonecall yes? Well the person who should be getting fired for this is the one who leaked it to the media. Nobody should be fired for their opinions or beliefs which they express in private.

Not impressed with censorship