Unofficial Mills

BBC iPlayer HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

E*F*4L

i click on the little download icon & it starts to spin around & thats it, nothing downloads at all, i can click to download in in Windows Media, but i don't want that as it's a bigger file, i used to use it a long time ago & it worked, but i updated yesterday as i wanted to watch something & now nothing.

:)

i have completely uninstalled iplayer & deleted the registry entries, restarted, then reinstalled it, no good.

i also uninstalled Adobe Air & iplayer & reg entries, restarted & had nothing running, then used IE9 to download Adobe Air & iplayer, opened iplayer closed IE9, then opens IE9 & tried to download a show & the same thing, the download icon just changes to a circle then nothing, then i clicked on 'download programs' in the iplayer desktop which opened FireFox & exactly the same thing happened.

i used ccleaner to so that clears the browser cache, there is nothing more i can do apart from reinstalling windows 7, which i'm not going to do.

on my Mac its the same, uninstall iplayer, restart, install & then nothing.

people i have spoken to, either say it doesn't work or it's great it seems to be about 50 - 50,

i'm pissed off, because there seems to be lots of problems with it but there is no help at all on how to sort it out, it shouldn't be like this, it should work, the old one did, i'm not exactly sure what the iplayer desktop is for, it;s just a interface but why nothing downloads i have no idea, i can download most things from websites with other programs.

:)