Unofficial Mills

mAirList - Free BBC R1 style software

newsbeat

Hi,

Radio 1 use software from 'VCS', a foreign company. They make the cartwall software/ standard 'On-Air Control' software and other bits and pieces used across the BBC.

However, sign up to this site, and you can get software like they use on Radio 1, for free if approved!

https://www.mairlist.com/en/index.php

Well worth a look. It does take 1-3 days to approve your licence application though.

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

I've had this software for fair few years now when it had only just started out. It's actually fully customisable so you can change all the layout and create your skins for the software.

I don't really use it much but it is pretty cool, however runs slow on my laptop - think that is more my tired laptop's fault!

Does anyone else find the cartwall loads slowly inbetween cart sets?

Yeah - i use other software for cartwall for my personal use.

It's called DAC Cartwall, its really good and at www.charliedavy.co.uk

It is free to run for 30 minutes at a time, but is only £15 to purchase. It customises well, and loads quite quickly. Would recommend it!

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

I use 'Jingle Palette' works very well! The .zip of the files is very hard to find, but here it is!:

http://www.filecluster.com/Audio-Video/Utilities-Plug-ins/Download-Jingle-Palette.html

Scroll down a bit down the above page to get the link.

You MUST save your 'palettes', or else when you change 'palette', unless you've saved your palette, you will lose the 'palette' you just set up.

Another good program, which is double the price of the DAC program, is 'CombiWave', you get a 'basic' version, where you get 3 slots, but pay about £35 and you get 99.

It works by pressing keyboard buttons, and it's fine with :.wav .mp3 .wma .ogg and others

It's fine handling bit files, even some R1 beds, which are full .wav files, are around 50MB, and they play in an instant

Latest additions:

I like the Combi wave software as it is easy to use. Does anyone know of any software like combiwave where you can assign tracks/jingles to keyboard buttons but that has the ability to record it aswell? I currently use Atomix MP3 which gives you your F keys (e.g.F5) to assign tracks/jingles to but Combiwave gives you much more choice and extra buttons to use!

Capes :)

Radio stations here in Switzerland use that software as well. I always wondered how the DJs know when to stop talking before the singing starts... :)

I now have a free copy too, I like how they're giving it away to everyone. And I already played around with it a bit, I love it!!

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

Yeah, incase you lot haven't already done it yet, go onto C/Program Files/Mairlist/config.bat

You can change loads of stuff around on there, such as hotkeys, the number of 'carts' you have ect.

Latest additions:

• 3 years later...