Unofficial Mills

What opinions do you have that are controversial?

MrDoovdeHaxorz

Being inspired by Jeremy Clarkson appearing on Richard Bacon's 5Live show, and the show's resulting phone/text/email-in topic "What is your most controversial opinion?", I thought I'd create a thread for people to post them.

Not looking for any real debate, just statement of opinion, could turn very ugly if there's argument over anything (and there might be a thread where it's already being debated anyways).

I'll start with a few of mine:

*Lewis Hamilton isn't that great a racing driver (good 'sometimes' but not great).

and on a sort-of related point

*Being British does not automatically make someone the best at anything.

I can see this becoming mostly "I don't like [insert popular person]" (a trend I've possibly started) but don't want it to be JUST that.

I'll bet Viv will be posting a lot in here :hahaha:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Brown wasn't that bad.

Immigration is a good thing.

Protests and riots are sometimes a good thing and neccessary.

Glee is shit. And Harry Potter. And LOTR.

Greg James is grossly overrated.

The X-Factor from the Dermot days onwards has been simply awful (Not because of Dermot though, he's a good presenter).

I can't listen to Scott Mills.

I like Tim Westwood.

I really don't like the countryside.

Lady Gaga is average.

Michael Jackson. Yeah he was good, ridiculously overrated.

OJ Simpson. Guilty.

Justin Beiber doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hatred that people possess for him.

Nicky Minaj. Too much 'hype' around her. Slightly above average in my opinion.

As much as I like Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson is a complete arse.

Richard Hammond, as nice a guy as he is, adds nothing to Top Gear.

Gavin and Stacey is not funny.

Russell Howard tries too hard.

I identify myself as a Londoner much more than I do English or British.

I like John Prescott.

No Boris Johnson isn't funny. He's a fool.

Skins is just stupid.

I really like Richard Bacon.

I find Lewis Hamilton hard to like.

I really like Jerry Springer, and the Jerry Springer show is genuinely entertaining.

I like Viv :P

Funnily enough I was having a very similar conversation with friends on Saturday night about this, they find my opinions on things a little odd.

However I will go for a relatively simple one, as much as this will cause offense it is my opinion and belief so no point trying to change it. Despite being born in Edinburgh and living there ever since, I never call myself Scottish. I am British and being called a Scot winds me up more than I can put into words, it is not a nation I choose to identify with and consider myself very fortunate to be able to class myself as 1 of 2.

I can't listen to Scott Mills.

Sorry what? how on earth did you end up on Unofficial Mills?! :P

Not impressed with censorship

*Lewis Hamilton isn't that great a racing driver (good 'sometimes' but not great).

and on a sort-of related point

*Being British does not automatically make someone the best at anything.

I sort of agree. He makes a lot of mistakes and if he's going to become a great needs to stay calmer under pressure and stop making these errors. At the moment not a great.

Second one agree entirely!

ChrisHewgill.jpg

1) If you are from Northern Ireland, you are Irish, not British. You might be British too, in the same way that I'm English, and also British, but you aren't just British. At the very least, you're Northern Irish.

Oh, and if you hate someone because of their religion, you don't deserve to be a person. That goes for the rest of the world, too.

After 9 years of living there, it feels good to finally say that.

2) Labels are stupid. I have a girlfriend, therefore I'm exclusively gay? Nah, it's possible to actually be bisexual. And by having a girlfriend, I'm not choosing a gender, I'm choosing a person.

I have a girlfriend, therefore I'm exclusively gay? Nah, it's possible to actually be bisexual. And by having a girlfriend, I'm not choosing a gender, I'm choosing a person.

I agree there, I used to be very good friends with a lesbian couple, 1 of which was more or less lesbian but the other was bisexual and actually seemed to prefer men

Hmmmm..

I would much prefer to live in America, I love it over there :) (Not the backwater places though haha)

I absolutely love The Vampire Diaries, True Blood & Supernatural.

Scott Mills, Zane Lowe & Greg James rock.

I hate Boxing, Formula 1, UFC but love WWE/TNA/1PW.

Johnny Depp is god.

Manchester United totally rule.

Not as controversial as some but ah well :D

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Just thought of another; I actually quite like Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights, and also the BBC3 sitcom (that seems to have replaced 2Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps) Coming Of Age.

i also like Frankie Boyle's Tramadol nights and thought his Knightrider sketch was amazing

Yeah the Knight Rider one was my favourite of his sketches, the one about Colombian TV tonight just kept reminding me of the Spanish TV Show sketches from The Fast Show (off of the 90s) though. Even half-expected the weatherman to say something like Scorchio.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Radio 1 is the best radio station ever. IT HAS THE ONLY OFFICIAL CHART! HEART IS NOT OFFICIAL! RAAAAAAAAAH.

I actually got so pissed off about this in art last week that I actually got in a fight, then starred screaming, then listened to 5ive.

It's true.

Also, Eastenders is crap. Big up Emmerdale and Doctors!

Also, German is way better than Spanish. I think I turned all my friends against German because they all liked it until I started talking it all the time. Now the only one who does like let's me do her German homework.

My teeth are horrible. No one else will admit it. Blind fools.

Particular people in my class are not 'all it'. They are twats.

Damory is pronounced like the rhyme of balamory, not the other way.

My RP teacher is amazing.

My maths teacher is gay, even though he has a wife.

The new Ben off Eastenders isn't ugly.

Scott Mills is beautiful.

The list goes on.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

i also hate overly camp gay men like Louis Spence or Graham Norton you dont need to be like that speaking as a gay man it stereotypes gay men as being massively camp and im not like that neither is scott or the gay people i know tbh.

I suppose you could say the same about overly straight people? They flaunt their sexuality, and men can be like really hard, but, meh. It's kinda different. To be quite honest, I don't think it's that much of a stereotype anyway.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Newspapers and news programmes generally only exist to satisfy peoples noseyness. 99% of them are nonsense I neither care about, nor need to know.

Do I really need to know that someone I dont know in a town I've never heard of assualted someone? No

Do I really care about the ins and outs of celebrity life? No

Is my life in any way changed by reading that a sportsman had an affair or slept with a glamour model? No

Am I remotely interested in whether someone is gay or not? No

Does learning that some building or service is destined to close? No

If news is really that important it will find its way to me, other than that my life is perfectly fine without having all this unnecessary information thrust upon me like I'm actually meant to give a f*ck. To quote the Aussie comedian Brendon Burns, I give an unf*ck!

Newspapers and news programmes generally only exist to satisfy peoples noseyness. 99% of them are nonsense I neither care about, nor need to know.

Do I really need to know that someone I dont know in a town I've never heard of assualted someone? No

Do I really care about the ins and outs of celebrity life? No

Is my life in any way changed by reading that a sportsman had an affair or slept with a glamour model? No

Am I remotely interested in whether someone is gay or not? No

Does learning that some building or service is destined to close? No

If news is really that important it will find its way to me, other than that my life is perfectly fine without having all this unnecessary information thrust upon me like I'm actually meant to give a f*ck. To quote the Aussie comedian Brendon Burns, I give an unf*ck!

:yeahthat:

samozzy.png