Unofficial Mills

Newbie Dear Scott question...

Hello! At the risk of being shoved against the lockers by the older folk for being such a stupid newbie, I thought I'd ask a question about Dear Scott:

Is it actually a lot harder to get on it than Scott and Beccy make out? I've sent in some real zingers if I may say so myself...but nadda! What's a guy gotta do to get his e-mail read out? :(

For example, I sent in the attached clip for some innuendo bingo...I really thought it'd get on! Am I just being naive? Should I persevere? Shall I just go and sit in the corner and think about what I've done?

:arrow: scottsinuendo.mp3

Actually, as a sort of aside:

When I sent in my first e-mail, I got the auto-reply telling me he couldn't reply to all e-mails. My subsequent didn't even get an auto-reply :/

I've sent in an innuendo bingo clip, a request for the PR4L to read out the lyrics of a song that *sounds* like it says 'watch me while I take a pee', a photo of a sign in IKEA that says 'We aim to give you the Air Hostess service!' in their cafe (Could be competition for their air plane food restaurant!), a clip of Beccy being VERY silly, and all sorts of nonsense...

It's not even that I'm desperate to get on...it's just that some of the stuff really would have been good material. It probably didn't help that I sent my innuendo bingo clip in the last week Scott was on. Beccy wasn't even around on Thursday, and now he's in Australia. Ho hum...I won't give up!

lyrics of a song that *sounds* like it says 'watch me while I take a pee', a photo of a sign in IKEA that says 'We aim to give you the Air Hostess service!' in their cafe (Could be competition for their air plane food restaurant!), !

Sorry, but I don't find either of this particular impressive.

If they have a guest coming in, think up a really good question/ some obscure fact that not a lot of people would know about. *

* This seems to be R1 mentality. When I sent in a question recently about Russell Howard attempting to set his bum on fire, I KNEW 100% R1 would pick it up.... when I sent it in, I could feel all the hairs on my head standing up!!!!!! *

* not. a. joke.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Yeah, no, I'll admit that my first few e-mails were lame...like...actually lame. But then I'd only been listening to the show for a few weeks. The last one though - the innuendo bingo - wasn't that bad, was it? I thought the fact that the words had come out of his own mouth would make it that much more humorous.

Anyway...perhaps I should have hung around a bit more before posting. I'm really not somebody who joined just so I could find out how to get onto the show...I don't want to get a reputation! I just thought I'd ask as you lot would probably know better than anybody else!

it's OK... Please feel free to get a reputation. Just wait to you run into Andy Mac.... he's absolutely obsessed with getting e-mails read out. And I mean OBSESSED.

Why would Scott choose to read his own stuff back though on his Show.... maybe that's what wrong, the innuendo is often from external sources, you know!!

I would wait until the next batch of guests, find out something so completely random and off-the-wall about them, then do up an e-mail with the Guest name in the subject title, and go for it!!

Not so sure about the UM thing. I have unofficialmills in my sig., and can't get this place picked up.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Argh except he totally just sailed right past this one without saying anything!

It's ok though, I'll make my peace with it. One day.

Until then, I'll sit here in my dark room, on a Friday night, rocking back and forth on a chair in front of a computer, plotting ways in which to concoct a suitab- ooh! Look! A video of a cat being wrapped up! Ok, I'm totally over Dear Scott.

• 6 months later...