Unofficial Mills

why do people watch x-factor

E*F*4L

why do people watch x-factor ?

watching a bunch of people who cannot sing, getting picked by a couple of marketing (so called) experts,

these people are not talented in the slightest in any way shape or form, let alone singing ability, all they ever sing is cover's (badly),

if you people cared about music you would be out supporting the many talented musicians & singers who write & perform their own (original songs/music),

this reality crap has already destroyed music in the UK as well as the fabric of the nation with the likes of Big Brother & it's famous for famous sake, sitting about watching a bunch of people sitting about in a house, give me a brake,

what to you get out of it, surly it's not as entertaining as going & seeing a proper live (original) band/singer, if you like music so much ?

why do people watch it, i don't, i do not understand why people go crazy for it, Twitter goes into meltdown when it is on & you cannot moan about it otherwise the fanboys & fangirls get upset :rolleyes:

as soon as x-factor finishes, we have 'i'm a (fucking z-lister nobody desperate to get my feeble career back in the news/papers) celeb get me outa here' why not drop them on a island & have them only eat what they can catch & live for two months like Robinson Crusoe.

can anyone explain the appeal of it ?

ps, i know this may seem like one of my random rants, but i genuinely would like to know the reason, what people get out of it.

:)

Two words - Matt Cardle. :D

:rolleyes::P

(in a way I'm sorta glad you didn't say Wand Erection :P )

My Twitter feed is telling me everything I don't need to know about this show, it's not about the actual singing, that's for sure.

It bothers me that these people are allowed to pollute the charts at the end of it all though, I mean this show is basically the same as Matthew Kelly's Stars In Their Eyes, at least they admitted it was a look-and-soundalike karaoke competition though and never saw the need to extend it beyond TV.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

In all seriousness though - anyone who really strongly dislikes X Factor would be well advised to YouTube Matt's performance from tonight's show. Whatever your opinions of the show itself and of the judges you cannot deny that that guy has talent. And it's people like him who make me want to watch the show.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

who or what is matt cardel? I've fortunately only had the misfortune of seeing the show this year twice, and both times were because I couldnt change it as it was a friends tv. The first time i watched it I spent the hour dribbling over Pixie Lott which made it bearable, and the second time we just sat tearing into how sh*t they were. No talent to hear of, and no talent to look at, possibly with the exception of half of that girl band thing.

Not impressed with censorship

Epic rant there Alan. So impressive, I won't even be so pedantic as to correct the numerous spelling/grammatical errors.

Unqualified as I am; I do Strictly as opposed to X Factor, I am aware of some of what's going on. I agree with Mr D Haxorz. The material is derivative nonsense. "Tonight Mathew, I'm going to be Cher"! If a singer came on with their own material, that might prick up my ears.

I'm also increasingly frustrated by X Factor contestants littering up the charts, when there is so much more 'talent' out there.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Epic rant there Alan. So impressive, I won't even be so pedantic as to correct the numerous spelling/grammatical errors.

Unqualified as I am; I do Strictly as opposed to X Factor, I am aware of some of what's going on. I agree with Mr D Haxorz. The material is derivative nonsense. "Tonight Mathew, I'm going to be Cher"! If a singer came on with their own material, that might prick up my ears.

I'm also increasingly frustrated by X Factor contestants littering up the charts, when there is so much more 'talent' out there.

it's not meant as a rant, i know it comes across as one, but i really don't get it.

i didn't really watch 'stars in their eyes' but i think it is/was a better show mainly because the people could sing, maybe only one song, but they did it because they liked it, the people on the x-factor just want to become famous, it really is a simple as that, they are forgotten in a year when the next lot come along then two or three years later they are on i'm a celeb.

there is loads of talent out there (real talent) & they cannot get anywhere due to shit like this.

:)

Why do we watch most entertainment shows? Escapism, innit. I know I watch X Factor just because I've always watched talent shows Pop Idol to Popstars: The Rivals; Britain's Got Talent to X Factor. I guess it's just become part of my Saturday night life, plus I enjoy watching how crap Cher Lloyd is and enjoy the "fashion-offs" between Cheryl and Dannii.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Best bloody programme on the telly (apart from Emmerdale and The Cut) seeing as Paris Hilton's My New Bff and Waterloo Road aren't currently on.

The appeal is it's an entertainment/reality programme. People like knowing every aspect of somebody's life (splashed out on the newspapers, then exploited on The X Factor). People love to hate people, and love to love them. Somebody else to put on the wall of their bedroom. Somebody else to badmouth.

Comedy. It can be funny. Especially at the auditions.

People also like to waste their time and money. You can vote continueously. I, personally, watch five hours of it a week. Two X Factors and then Xtra Factor (Saturday and Sunday). It's always on catch-up too.

People also like to argue. I do it reguarly. About who they like, don't like. Even judges. People's hair, etc.

People like music too. Celebrities perform on a Sunday, which is great. These people on the X Factor sing, and people will hear old music, new music, in a new style, which they may like, or may not.

Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole, Dermot O'Leary (JACKSON!), etc. People's favourite celebrities, they want to see them on the telly.

So many people watch it, you're considered weird if you don't. People like fitting in with the crowd. That's the society we live in.

I could go on, but I'm trying to watch The Xtra Factor on catch-up.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Best bloody programme on the telly (apart from Emmerdale and The Cut) seeing as Paris Hilton's My New Bff and Waterloo Road aren't currently on.

[and so on, and so on...].

I could go on, but I'm trying to watch The Xtra Factor on catch-up.

If this was anyone else, I'd expect they were being sarcastic... But you.. I know you're not. Oh dear God... :(

samozzy.png

Because it's hilariously shit. The only thing better than good TV is bad TV, because bad TV can be laughed at and ridiculed. That's how I treat X-Factor. If you watch it knowing that it's just an OTT parody of itself, it's great fun. It's not serious, but it treats itself as such - the singers are flashes in the pan, the judges are hailed as demi-gods, Dermot is every generic overexcited do-gooder selling himself out for a quick few pennies, the lights and sound effects and production are The Day Today-level ridiculous, Konnie Huq is a hyperactive student presenter who just reels off words and hopes for the best, and the people who take it seriously as a TV show and get attached to the singers on a vicarious level are as sad as the fickle girl audience who fancy half the young males because it's easier to fancy a hot guy on TV than find a similar hot guy in person with their silly fat/ugly faces and general emotional desperation.

Put the whole package together and you have something beautiful to spend Saturday night laughing your ass off at. It's parody for the lowest common denominator at its finest, and it doesn't even know it.

I have been wondering actually when the audience it does attract will get sick of it the same way they did with Stars In Their Eyes (which in my opinion was far more honest about what it was and a better show because of it... it's the same way they tried to spice up the new Gladiators by putting everything above a swimming pool, for me I prefer the 90s version and they way they had things)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Because it's hilariously shit. The only thing better than good TV is bad TV, because bad TV can be laughed at and ridiculed. That's how I treat X-Factor. If you watch it knowing that it's just an OTT parody of itself, it's great fun. It's not serious, but it treats itself as such - the singers are flashes in the pan, the judges are hailed as demi-gods, Dermot is every generic overexcited do-gooder selling himself out for a quick few pennies, the lights and sound effects and production are The Day Today-level ridiculous, Konnie Huq is a hyperactive student presenter who just reels off words and hopes for the best, and the people who take it seriously as a TV show and get attached to the singers on a vicarious level are as sad as the fickle girl audience who fancy half the young males because it's easier to fancy a hot guy on TV than find a similar hot guy in person with their silly fat/ugly faces and general emotional desperation.

Put the whole package together and you have something beautiful to spend Saturday night laughing your ass off at. It's parody for the lowest common denominator at its finest, and it doesn't even know it.

best post of the week already, and it's 5am on a monday morning. the silly teenage girls part is spot on, especially the ones who are old enough to go and do something better with their time. honestly, do they really think this boyband who are in it this year are going to be the next beatles or something? what a joke.

on the grid.

I love this post so much. :hahaha:

Incidentally, if anyone actually cares, Cher Lloyd has apparently been warned by Cheryl Cole about her drinking!!

Go for it, I say, may make the performances a little less predictable!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

If this was anyone else, I'd expect they were being sarcastic... But you.. I know you're not. Oh dear God... :(

Oh damn, I forgot to mention The Only Way Is Essex, Glee, Hollyoaks, Holby City and the news. RIP Jedward: Let Loose and The Bill.

@annalie are you not also watching the F Factor online with Matt Edmonson?

I wish! Laptops scare me. I cry when I think other people will be looking at Matt Edmondson's face more than me. *crys*

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.