Unofficial Mills

U Ctrl Radio 1

awinfield999

Friday Next Week:

After a week of seeing how we do it, on Friday it's your turn to run the radio station. Pick the music all day, and help us pick the guests. Keep listening for more details.

more at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/accessallareas/about/

all running next week - no idea of whether you'll be able to watch the webcams though??

your thoughts?

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

Ugh, this is going to be horrible... why not just do the ten hour take over. They will have already booked really mainstream guests, and then they'll just wait for someone to suggest them.

And why have they spelled you control UCTRL, is it to make it more edgy and accessible to the youth? it's just naff.

etheridge_tom.png

Its like the teen awards. They may as well have called it the tween awards of pre teen awards. I bet the mystery guest will either be Bieber or Cheryl Cole. For the teen awards they should have looked at Annie and Nick, who have a much better idea about radio...

etheridge_tom.png

Remember 'U Ctrl Katy' , where R1 listeners controlled Katy Perry. One day, there's gonna be a 'Newsbeat' day, seeing into all the geeky bits! Brilliant:)

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I would rather do the new music show than the breakfast show early starts, being cheery and entertaining isn’t my vibe and being hip and on trend. With new music it’s a different kettle of fish that could get my teeth into and enjoy researching and planning of the show and coming up with ideas and making my mark in away that I don’t think I have the ideas for a breakfast. I don’t see how it could be alienating but I enjoy the niche and speciality of expertise that new music shows gives it’s good spot of giving you the headlines and setting the agenda of mainstream music.
    • Absolutely, Jack is such an incredible broadcaster already, incredibly entertaining with such brilliant music knowledge and his excitement is contagious, I've never really listened to New Music Shows like Future Sounds but I'm instantly invested in new music due to his show, as I'm sure many others are too.  yes the effects are a little strange but after listening back they're strangely charming when you get used to them. 
    • Jack has smashed it He was born for this show, he said he’d been dreaming of it and you could tell. Such passion and energy as always with Jack but in a show that can grab people’s attention and drag them down the rabbit hole of new music if you had a keen interest in discovering new music but haven’t in a while, new music shows can be alienating with no familiarity until you ‘get into it’ - the new show has ensured you can ease into to get back into sync . i love the Zane influences - he will be the forefront of where every emerging and returning artist wants to be with this show . Very excited for this chapter
    • Oh I though they were nbh studios   
    • Yes, I feel that unless it’s for a special sessions with a large ensemble band that for live sessions going out live on the radio. Never saw why they haven’t used the live lounge studio and feel that room could be used more.  
    • Interesting now Zane has for apple interviewed anything from an artists that have charted and doing less interviews with new and emerging talents chatting to Shakira, Usher, Kelly Clarkson and Shania Twain. Yes, that is a positive thing about Jack Saunders. Although I don’t mind it from time to time for a presenter to be honest and spill an unsavoury opinion about music on the station like Annie did with Fall Out Boy.
    • Interesting Jack mentioned they've got new studios at Maida Vale; you'd think, with the move to Stratford, they wouldn't bother update the studios so close to the end...
    • I assume it's meant to appeal to a TikTok generation
    • Yep Jack is very much Radio 1's modern day Zane Lowe - but with the bonus that he does feel a bit a bit more open-minded and open to chart stuff than Zane was. I could never imagine Zane being a chart host the way Jack is - I always had the sense if Zane didn't approve of your music taste he'd make you well aware of it.
    • I will still call them sessions as feel with gigs it makes you think of a live tangible means of going to listen to a band play music and not virtually tuning in via the medium of radio.
    • He does what the show needs regardless of how annoying some people may find his presentation style is like. I feel and very much do hope he is in for the long haul and could atleast do four years where his energy may into be as always as bouncy. But he has the knowledge, passion and interaction and not so overbearing but very much so sense of confidence that you need. I think he could easily have a good Zane Lowe like era. Just hope that they consider doing a new late night live music show as I do miss that something of what he had in the early days of the indie show and when Huw Stephens was on live at the after ten slot
    • Speaking of the sessions, they've been renamed Live Gigs for any forum members not listening to the show & reading this later
    • I’ve found the jingles are annoying and going to grate on the listener quickly. It’s a good opening week with big name hottest records and sessions
    • With the effects I'm half expecting a massive whoooooo soon