Unofficial Mills

Ed Miliband is the new Labour leader!

Jono

labour need someone like him, someone confident enough to shout down at that twat cameron and his sell out lapdog. no offence to gordon brown, he was a smart guy. but the simple fact is that the nation is full of x factor watchers, most aren't smart enough to look beyond that. so the way to win them over is with carisma.

on the grid.

don't like any of them, however if they offer to give me a nice cushy job in the civil service, with lots of holidays, paid sick leave, a nice gold plated pension & more money than in the private sector i will vote for them, i may not be qualified but they will have to offer some sort of training scheme otherwise i will feel discriminated against.

Diane Abbott calls for race and gender checks on job cuts

Ms Abbott warned that a "last in, first out" approach to redundancies would hit black and female workers particularly hard and could set back race relations by a generation, risking "instability" in society.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-calls-for-race-and-gender-checks-on-job-cuts-2078607.html

:)

I wouldn't have minded either way if any of David Miliband, Ed Miliband or Andy Burnham had won. Burnham was my first choice after months of consideration, with E Miliband as my second choice, D Miliband my third. Simply because I found Andy Burnham to have his head screwed on and to be an honest and trustworthy and a moreorless 'normal' guy. Ed Miliband seemed to understand the mistakes Labour have made in the past and was willing to accept them and had a mission to take Labour beyond that to a brighter future and back in power. D Miliband seemed the best communicator and most effective leader of the opposition and prime minister of the future, but seemed so stuck up and arrogant. Not to mention the fact that he seems reluctant to accept (or just a complete failure to even comprehend) where Labour have gone wrong in the recent past. And until just a few weeks ago I considered myself a fan of David Miliband, and a supporter of his campaign to be leader of the party.

Other things I considered were the power of the unions (a set of organisations we need on our side for various reasons) and their agenda against D Miliband, and the fact that a move to the far/moderate left under E Miliband could see us winning the support of the working class traditional Labour supporters but losing the support of the middle classes, which would result in us being in opposition for many more years to come. Oh, and the reports that Ed Balls would become shadow chancellor in a D Miliband-led shadow cabinet was enough to put me off him.

Ed Balls and Diane Abbott I didnt seriously consider.

But anyway, it was moreorless obvious that Ed Miliband was going to win from the beginning with the AV/electoral college system used by the party, so no big surprises there. I'm also very happy Ken Livingstone has won the race to be Labour's London mayoral candidate.

Well, that was my two pence worth..

Anyone but Ed Balls.

:yeahthat:

Problem is, there's a very big chance he could be shadow chancellor. Personally the only person I'd like to see in that role is Yvette Cooper, and as the wife of Ed Balls, that would be an amazing egg-in-face moment for him.

He's performing very well as shadow education secretary admittedly, I'd like him to stay there and continue to give the awful Michael Gove a hard time. Otherwise something like shadow foreign secretary would appease him (after the humilation of not being shadow chancellor) while keeping him at a safe distance.

Thing about Ed Balls is, and I'm sure Ed Miliband would agree, is that he is a man prepared to do anything to get to the top. So him being shadow chancellor would give him a dangerously large and powerful empire at the treasury (should Labour return to government) and we'd only see a more bloody re-enactment of the whole Blair/Brown saga. In my opinion anyway :D

Aiden Grimshaw to win!!!

This may suprise you guys, but I actually know a bit about politics. I do follow the news. I took an after school course in politics last year (and that wasn't purely because there were boys there...).

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.