Unofficial Mills

Daily Mail reports Chris has broken up with Sophie

secretlyblonde

Loud-mouth Chris Moyles has no plans to grow up yet, it seems.

The 36-year-old Radio 1 DJ has dumped his girlfriend of eight years, Sophie Waite, telling her that he was not ready for marriage, the Daily Mail has learned.

Miss Waite, 33, a TV producer at the BBC, is said to be heartbroken and has moved out of the couple’s £1.8million home in Highgate, North London. She is said to be staying with friends.

Breakfast show host Moyles had often spoken of his love for Miss Waite, but has also made no secret of the fact that he does not want to settle down.

He once admitted that he was ‘too selfish’ for marriage and babies.

‘Both Sophie and Chris are devastated,’ a source revealed last night. ‘But Chris just felt he was not ready for marriage and Sophie most definitely was.

‘She wants children and a family. She wanted to settle down properly with Chris – and he had kept her dangling for some years.

‘She had spent so much time and love on Chris, she adores him and to say she is heartbroken is the understatement of the year. She is in pieces. None of their friends can really understand it, they seemed so happy together.’

Moyles was believed to be so upset by the split that he took the week off work at the end of August and went home to Leeds to be with his parents.

He was not back on air until last week after writing on Twitter to concerned fans: ‘I am alive!’

Last year, he admitted that he had been left ‘a little scared’ by having Miss Waite’s niece and nephew to stay, saying: ‘I haven’t been put off kids, it was just weird having a kid in your face at five o’clock in the morning.

‘I am sure one day I’ll settle down and become a family man but at the moment I’m too wrapped up in myself.’ He added: ‘The missus seems happy enough, unless there’s something you know that I don’t know.’

Moyles had an on-off romance with children’s TV presenter Ana Boulter that spanned two years before finding love with Miss Waite in early 2002.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1310990/Marriage-shy-Radio-1-DJ-Chris-Moyles-jilts-girlfriend-years.html

Sad :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moyles was believed to be so upset by the split that he took the week off work at the end of August and went home to Leeds to be with his parents.
Thing is, Chris still didn't sound very well on monday, you could hear he was ill with a heavy cold. So I can imagine that his week off was simply due to that cold and nothing else.

:yeahthat:

The DM upset me a bit with this accusation, can't believe they actually wrote it!

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

According to google only 2 site besides the Daily Mail have picked up on the story. Not even the Sun

this is gonna be interesting, given that only 3 sites have picked up on it, the only mainstream one being digispy, which repeated the mail story. Although it is a saturday, however I reckon most sites still operate. There's also this strange thing that some guy posted on cm.net on friday morning about sophie, and then the story appeared that night. If I was a suspicious sort, I'd be thinking that some hack from the mail posted fishing for information from the people posting on cm.net, rather than listening to 17 1/2 hours on the iplayer.

If nothing appears in the sunday papers, we can possibly assume that the majority of the story is a fabrication given that nobody else touched it, there's no solid evidence in the story apart from "some friend" and something is not quite adding up.

Then Monday's show will be damn interesting, cos I reckon

posted too soon:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/963952/Radio-1-motormouth-splits-after-eight-years-with-Sophie.html