Unofficial Mills

NEW BBC iPlayer

newsbeat

Hate it, really don't see why they've changed it. I know it isn't really a R1 thing, but it's quite geeky isn't it?

What do you lot think? I'll probably change my mind soon, but for now, really don't like it

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs

I only have it now, I didn't use it when it was in Beta but while I initially didn't like the look of it that much, I do like the new functions like Live TV and Radio from within the player instead of going to the website.

Also there appears to be some sort of series-link-a-like function as when you go to click Download for a show on the website, one of the options is DOWNLOAD FUTURE EPISODES. Not actually seen any shows that don't have it greyed out so it might be a feature that they have yet to activate.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I like it so far. I only use it for Listen Live, but there are some changes that IMO were necessary. The BBC always says how they like their international listeners, but until now I found absolutely nothing to make our life easier. Now the times on the iPlayer change automatically: Scott is on 4-7, but for me it shows 5-8. That's amazing. I'll never mess it up again!

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

I think it's a bit messy. The home screen is just full of information and pictures which I find too much.

The part I miss most is having the bar across the top with all the categories as now I seem to take forever to get to where I want to be.

Not tried any of the personal aspects yet, will try to give them a go soon.

I think it's a bit messy. The home screen is just full of information and pictures which I find too much.

The part I miss most is having the bar across the top with all the categories as now I seem to take forever to get to where I want to be.

Not tried any of the personal aspects yet, will try to give them a go soon.

Yeah that change confused me at first, it's something I got used to quite quickly though. :)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I don't think there is anything technically wrong with it, such as it doesn't play etc, it does the job, but it just looks a bit rushed, cluttered and a bit last minute.

Latest additions:

- Full Imaging Beds package (2009-2010)

- 2009 re-voice by Music4 (DRY+WET IDs, chart numbers 1-40)

- BBC Top Gear - Backing beds used in programs