Unofficial Mills

Music + Playlist thread

oli

I didn't know much about The xx until recently (the xx remix of You've Got The Love is just amazing).

But I've found this. And, its just pure musical bliss. Love. Love. Love.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQDo2B5rPk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQDo2B5rPk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

take control

I Know!!!

I'm listening to it now, it is very good, it is very melodramatic, give it a couple of listens though they're are loads of big hooks

I like illuminated and stay and of course wonderful life.

I also like the xx album but the Foals album just grabbed me a little more

Listen to Spanish Sahara (deadboy remix) it is immense (as is the original)

Also Alex Gardner's new song 'feeling fine' is worth a listen if you strain you memory you might remember him from 'I'm Not Mad' which was ok but this is much better

Yeh, I know what you mean though. I've heard kids out in the street sing it as well.

The lyrics really bother me.

I don't think a lot of people know what the song is actually about. It's serious stuff really. As to the actual song, I think it's alright, but again, it's not something I would normally listen to at all.

You're at uni. now? I thought you were still a nurse?

Yeh, I know what you mean though. I've heard kids out in the street sing it as well.

The lyrics really bother me.

I really like it because of the meaning. It's not some senseless rap about crap. It actually has meaning. It's sad that it means nothing to most people.

Like, when I played a really personal song to me to my friends, and they said it was awful and started a random conversation, that sorta hurt me.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Quite liking the new Kings Of Leon track Radioactive, that Fearne's played today... infact it seems to be so popular she's played it again straight away.. I knew repitition on radio1 was getting bad but this is ridiculous.

Quite liking the new Kings Of Leon track Radioactive, that Fearne's played today... infact it seems to be so popular she's played it again straight away.. I knew repitition on radio1 was getting bad but this is ridiculous.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I got Klaxons new album today - worth a listen! It's very different to Myths of The Near Future - it seems to have a more polished sound and the band seem to have grown up a lot on it. It's still brilliant though!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Oh, is that one longer, or something?!

I can kind of picture her singing it to Greg James - I don't know why really.... just can!!

Yes. it is longer and has a slightly different ending. i like it alot.

lol im sure she does! :hahaha:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why 'White Blank Page' by Mumford & Sons has been added even though it doesn't seem to be being released and Radio 1 snubbed their latests single 'Thistles and Weeds' I'm beginning to think that they only added it as some sort of clause in the contract for the Mumford & Sons and Friends night

• 3 weeks later...