Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show... with Sara Cox!

Ant L

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just starting to listen again

Out of interest... how many times has a former breakfast show host returned to helm?

there was a time simon mayo covered after chris evans had his strop. According to wiki:

In January 1997, Mayo made a brief return to the breakfast show for three weeks when Chris Evans was dismissed, but both Mayo and Radio 1 ruled out the possibilities of a permanent return to the programme. On his first morning as breakfast stand-in, he read out an email from a man who had emigrated to New Zealand four years earlier and had arrived back in the UK that morning, and was "delighted to hear you're still doing the breakfast show".

*Shrugs*

I like that she can take the piss out of herself when she said Greg was too busy and Vernon was doing Family Fortunes.

And then they joked further she was the last resort - "yeah Tom Deacon is canoeing and Matt Edmondson was doing..."

Sara is in for Chris tomorrow, Annie Is in for fearne Now

Tomorrow? Thought, there'll be just the team without Chris? So they changed it in the last moment? Actually I'd prefer the show without Coxy tomorrow, just to hear how the team's doing on their own.

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

Tomorrow? Thought, there'll be just the team without Chris? So they changed it in the last moment? Actually I'd prefer the show without Coxy tomorrow, just to hear how the team's doing on their own.

Good point. They could let Dave drive the desk :hahaha:

james_ryder.png

Really really enjoying listening to this. I'd go as far as saying I'd much prefer Sara to be the regular "team in but Chris not" fill in host. I admit I'd have liked to hear the team doing the show because I think Dave and Aled in particular are more than capable of holding the fort. But Sara was hillarious this morning.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I wasn't expecting Sara this morning as I hadn't seen the thread, so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard her voice. She had a great rapport with the team, and I thought she was funnier than usual with the gang around her. Made for a great drive in to work for me. I'm glad to hear she's in again tomorrow.

Oh I didn't mean it nicely... I even got sick of that trail Scott played during Thursday's show where it was supposed 'highlights' from the breakfast show, and she was rambling on about a giraffe or something, that actually gave me an instant headache it was so stupid.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...