Another Apple press conference

Tyler1994

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iPod touch has camera(s) and is pretty much the iphone.

the classic still hasn't had any changes

the nano has a touch screen and is tiny (+clip)

the shuffle has its buttons back and is even smaller.

A camera? Bloody hell... When is this out, please?

I couldn't bear to abandon my old iPod so now I have 2 :D

I could never get rid of my beloved. I think he'll probably still sleep next to me, but will just be used less so.

Poor Plod lol.

I'll be getting the iPod Classic in december... would be v. annoying if next year, they doubled the memory again, like there have been predictions that they will do. :(

LOL? This is no laughing matter. I might wait for memory to be doubled, I want as much as possible, then I can keep the classic. I'll buy a new iPod (or whatever it becomes..) every few years.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

So, what exactly can you do with Ping? Everyone's talking about it and I just haven't got a clue... :confused:

In the way that Jobs described it, it's Twitter and Facebook, meets music. You can follow both performing artists and your friends. This will allow you to be updated on your feed when the artist posts something - whether this be a new song, an update as for when their new material is out, gig dates, whatever - and also follow your friends.

The friends thing is whereby you search for the friend's name (I dunno if Ping supports Facebook Connect, it really should if it doesn't), and follow them (Twitter style) and then you'll get notified when they publish a song that they recommend, or gigs they're attending, etc.

As is similar with twitter, you can change your privacy settings to change who can follow you, and make it so you need to approve anyone who tries to follow you.

Finally, you can make your own collaborative chart of the top songs out of what you and your friends are all downloading.

I dunno if it exists, since I'm as yet to try it, though if it supports some form of recommended songs, or whatever, that'd be great.

There're probably several things I've missed, too, give it a go, would be my recommendation :)

I could never get rid of my beloved. I think he'll probably still sleep next to me, but will just be used less so.

I'm sure that's not normal.. :shock:

samozzy.png

In the way that Jobs described it, it's Twitter and Facebook, meets music. You can follow both performing artists and your friends. This will allow you to be updated on your feed when the artist posts something - whether this be a new song, an update as for when their new material is out, gig dates, whatever - and also follow your friends.

It's basically like Last.fm, really, if you've ever used it. That does a similar thing. I think I'll be sticking with Last.fm for my new music though, because I like the radio feature it has and I don't buy a lot with iTunes really, just due to a lack of funds.

The friends thing is whereby you search for the friend's name (I dunno if Ping supports Facebook Connect, it really should if it doesn't), and follow them (Twitter style) and then you'll get notified when they publish a song that they recommend, or gigs they're attending, etc.

Yes, it does support Facebook Connect. Great description, BTW! I don't know if I could do any better, really :)

I dunno if it exists, since I'm as yet to try it, though if it supports some form of recommended songs, or whatever, that'd be great.

There're probably several things I've missed, too, give it a go, would be my recommendation :)

I believe everything is up and working fine now - I know there was a delay of about six hours between the Keynote (basically the presentation) and the actual release of the download, but I think everything's up and running fine.

It's basically like Last.fm, really, if you've ever used it. That does a similar thing. I think I'll be sticking with Last.fm for my new music though, because I like the radio feature it has and I don't buy a lot with iTunes really, just due to a lack of funds.

Oh right. I've used Last.FM, I mean yeah, the radio feature's all well and good, but, when I first used it, and went to an artist's radio station, I expected to hear a selection of songs from that artist, not some related tracks...

Yeah, I end up usually pirating some stuff. Have a go at me, I dare you :P

Yes, it does support Facebook Connect. Great description, BTW! I don't know if I could do any better, really :)

Oh excellent, that makes life a lot easier! I'm as yet to use it, so I'm just taking stuff that I've got from the keynote and expanding on it a little, thanks :)

Sidenote: God damn Apple for removing it. *RAGE*

samozzy.png

Oh right. I've used Last.FM, I mean yeah, the radio feature's all well and good, but, when I first used it, and went to an artist's radio station, I expected to hear a selection of songs from that artist, not some related tracks...

Yeah, I end up usually pirating some stuff. Have a go at me, I dare you :P

It's your choice. Also, I think Last.FM is more about finding more music, rather than listening to stuff you have heard already.

Sidenote: God damn Apple for removing it. *RAGE*

Yeah, there was a disagreement somewhere between the companies somewhere I think...sorry about that.

People really should just read the apple website...

If you mean me with this; I did that, but I just didn't understand it (maybe because I'm not English...). And also I think, people who have actually tried it can explain it better, because Apple just wants to get everyone to have it, and I wanted an independent explanation.

And thanks to Sam and Ryan for helping me with it! :)

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)