Unofficial Mills

The X Factor 2010

John

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's not like X-craptor's ever been about getting good singers is it, otherwise how can they use autotune and call it a 'singing' contest? Heard some reviewers on 5Live earlier (including Boyd Hilton, someone I never thought I'd see eye-to-eye with) who said it's NOT about being a good singer and never has been, it's about who Cowell thinks he can package to the masses.

Exactly. It's not 'The Best Singer' Factor, nor 'Nice' Factor.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

No, it's a money-making con that Cowell benefits massively from while he screws over almost everyone else involved. Maybe if it didn't cost the public to vote etc, the autotune and crap wouldn't be a problem...

Do what I do. Watch it, don't vote and don't take it too seriously. Ok he manipulates people but for all his sins Cowell does give a few people a year chance of a lifetime because they (normally) get a number one record despite being a bad singer. I can't blame him entirely for the crap thats in the charts at the moment

Is he related to Nick Grimshaw? They look pretty similar and are both really camp and come from the North West.

I doubt it. Maybe some distant cousin? Not sure. I wouldn't really say either of them are that camp?!

Joe McElderry was amazing last night. Usher? Who cares.

Guys, do any of you like Mary? Please God, I hope not..

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

I doubt it. Maybe some distant cousin? Not sure. I wouldn't really say either of them are that camp?!

Joe McElderry was amazing last night. Usher? Who cares.

Guys, do any of you like Mary? Please God, I hope not..

He's just another bland average x factor artist to be honest. Yes he can sing and he's probably a nice guy but there was nothing to that song or the performance.

I think Mary isn't right for the X Factor. I hope she leaves.

I think Aiden can do covers, and many people said Diana had a unique voice, but she was on The X Factor, and did well.

I downloaded Barbara Streisand - Diva Fever today.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Aiden's only done 2. Everyone was crazy about the version Madworld he did, but personally I didn't think it worked, likewise his version of Jealous Guy last night. But he was to sing something new, something we haven't heard before, with that voice, I reckon he would be a big star!

Mary is the X Factors Susan Boyle. Great voice, lovely lady... but will never win the X Factor in a million years.

take control

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZnjTWm6OFM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZnjTWm6OFM?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Apparently he did, although I have no recollection of this whatsoever. :confused:

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKJBzE8a3A?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKJBzE8a3A?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Love this...

take control