Unofficial Mills

Westwood to do Dancing On Ice?

Jono

Tim Westwood has been invited to take part in the next series of ITV's Dancing On Ice – and he is letting his Twitter followers decide if he should do the reality show or not.

The Radio 1 DJ and NME columnist announce on Twitter.com/TimWestwood that he had been asked to take part in the next series of the show which pits celebrities against each other in a skating contest.

"Been offered £50,000 to go on Dancing On Ice - could you see me wearing sequinned outfits! Should I do it?" Westwood asked his followers last night (Augsut 16). "It's a maximum of 12 Sundays with some extra training and it’s a straight £50k – even if I sprain a muscle and have to pull out."

The hip hop DJ then decided to allow his followers to make the decision, declaring: "I'm gonna let Twitter decide if I'm going to do Dancing On Ice," but was clearly surprised by the positive response he received to his enquiry.

"Why is everyone sayin I should do it! I'd have to dance on ice with a woman who looks like a man in drag," he asked first, before later adding: "I need to know - Are you saying yes for my benefit or so you can have a cruel cheap laugh at my expense?"

However it seemed Westwood was warming to the show by the end of his Twitter flurry, hinting that he might get some practice in.

"What time does Baywater [ice] rink shut tonite?" he mused. "I've never been on Ice before - need to try it out...."

Watch this space to see whether Westwood decides to take part in the show – whose previous contestants have included the likes of The Spice Girls Emma Bunton – or not.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/52517

Used to watch this in my TV days. The only other person I know who watches this is an evil bitch who wants to steal my friends, think she put me off it.

Umm.. Would watch the Westwood bits, but cba to watch the rest.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

The clips of an over excited and over-dressed Phillip Schofield has always been enough to put me off Dancing on Ice, but I'd definately make the effort to watch this coming series if Tim Westwood is on it.

But 12 weeks of no Westwood on Radio 1 and 1Xtra isn't at all good, even though his stand-ins for both shows are usually very good themselves. But then again, with the flat payment of £50,000 being offered he'd be a fool to reject it!

Radio DJ Tim Westwood today revealed he plans to get into training after being contacted by Dancing On Ice bosses inviting him on to the next series.

The presenter, who hosts a show on Radio 1, also claimed show bosses had upped his fee by £10,000 within hours of him telling fans he was mulling over the offer.

He told his listeners via Twitter he was considering slipping on the skates and sequins to appear on the ITV1 show then asked for their thoughts.

He wrote: 'Been offered £50,000 to go on Dancing On Ice - could you see me wearing sequinned outfits! Should I do it?'

But he was worried about whether the responses urging him to do it were genuine.

He added: 'Why is everyone sayin I should do it! I'd have to dance on ice with a woman who looks like a man in drag.

'I need to know - are you saying "yes" for my benefit or so you can have a cruel cheap laugh at my expense?'

And during today's edition of his Radio 1Xtra show he reckoned the fee was creeping up.

He said: 'I have now been offered £60,000 - they have put it up by ten grand overnight.

'They phoned the office and they said, "We really want Westwood to go in on the ice".'

He said he had been to a London rink to practice last night but it had already closed so he went bowling, explaining: 'I'm in training. I'm eating a lot of protein right now. I'm eating a chicken now. Apparently, I have to eat four chickens a day.'

The presenter added: 'Anyway, I don't know whether I should try and squeeze them a 100k or if I should hold out for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'

Westwood - who was injured in a drive-by shooting in south London in 1999 - reckoned the programme would bring its own hazards.

The DJ said: 'Westwood on ice, baby - they should say Westwood on ice and a slice, because those blades are pretty sharp apparently.'

Tim has previous form on spilling the beans when it comes to reality show invites.

In January he claimed on Twitter he'd been asked to take part in the final Celebrity Big Brother, but he did not end up appearing on the Channel 4 show.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1304197/Tim-Westwood-training-Dancing-On-Ice-offered-60-000-appear-ITV-show.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0x0W2VLxg

The presenter, who hosts a show on Radio 1, also claimed show bosses had upped his fee by £10,000 within hours of him telling fans he was mulling over the offer.

He said: 'I have now been offered £60,000 - they have put it up by ten grand overnight.

The presenter added: 'Anyway, I don't know whether I should try and squeeze them a 100k or if I should hold out for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'

Wow! What is it about Westwood that the producers of Dancing on Ice want so badly? Maybe they think he'll bring along his many fans and followers along as viewers. Or maybe to add a slight lighthearted and comedy element to an otherwise serious entertainment show.

I'm A Celeb would be a better option for him IMO though, as would Celebrity Big Brother. Would be the ideal opportunity to show to his 'haters' the real Tim Westwood. Would enhance his profile and celebrity status too. I'm always surprised at how many people I know who have never heard of Tim Westwood.

He said he had been to a London rink to practice last night but it had already closed so he went bowling, explaining: 'I'm in training. I'm eating a lot of protein right now. I'm eating a chicken now. Apparently, I have to eat four chickens a day.'

Any excuse, eh Tim? ;)

Don't blame you though, I could do with a trip to Nando's right now

This became a trending topic on Twitter yesterday.

Greg James wants Westwood to do it.

Obviously Westwood does too, otherwise he would've said no straight away. It's like he's pretending it's not his decision, but the public forced him into it.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.